Pages:
Author

Topic: AOCLBF (was Phoenix Rising): Phoenix/POCLBM GUI With Built-In Overclock Tool - page 14. (Read 146953 times)

legendary
Activity: 1320
Merit: 1001
Yeah, did you add VECTORS to Extra Flags yet? It was already added in 1.3 when launching phoenix, but I removed it in later versions so people can have control over VECTORS or not.

Ooops!  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
I am now running 1.41 & let it run until i woke up. Time here is 2:40 am & i may sleep at 3 or 4 or 5 or....don't ask.
For the past 20-30 minutes running with out a single crash.
I am not using temp function right now, cause i run fan at 75% & my temp stays below 74C even in daytime with 36C-40C, my city temperature.

Again, i repeat one thing, all working ONLY after i disabled Read only.

You can buy some of my shares to help me rise.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
PR 1.41 from this link http://www.mediafire.com/?5h3y5b6jq1azp13

I have in this order
cl1 device 0, gpu 0 in afterburner gpu2
cl2 device 1, gpu 3 in afterburner gpu3
cl3 device 2, gpu 6 in afterburner gpu1

The temp function works correctly, pausing & restarting.

But all the thing happened only after i removed "READ ONLY".
So, its better to avoid read only now.
Hacky temperature monitoring works for someone other than myself Shocked, amazing!

Strange ... Has anyone noticed a drop of approximately 10% in hashrate these latest versions?
Tested 1.41 in two rigs and got the same problem...
When I use the 1.3, the hashrate is normal.

Yeah, did you add VECTORS to Extra Flags yet? It was already added in 1.3 when launching phoenix, but I removed it in later versions so people can have control over VECTORS or not.
legendary
Activity: 1320
Merit: 1001
Strange ... Has anyone noticed a drop of approximately 10% in hashrate these latest versions?
Tested 1.41 in two rigs and got the same problem...
When I use the 1.3, the hashrate is normal.
legendary
PR 1.41 from this link http://www.mediafire.com/?5h3y5b6jq1azp13

I have in this order
cl1 device 0, gpu 0 in afterburner gpu2
cl2 device 1, gpu 3 in afterburner gpu3
cl3 device 2, gpu 6 in afterburner gpu1

The temp function works correctly, pausing & restarting.

But all the thing happened only after i removed "READ ONLY".
So, its better to avoid read only now.
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
will try soon..I think for the next version osd control should be a concern. Having a set place that they go each time so they dont pile up in the corner and an option to hide them. what do u think?
Well, fixed a stupid issue in 1.41. Phoenix should launch correctly now.
used 1.32 version overnight and all day. no hang issues..will try 1.4 when the dust settles a lil
Glad to hear it Cheesy... finally!
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
used 1.32 version overnight and all day. no hang issues..will try 1.4 when the dust settles a lil
For those people that 1.4 refuses to work, try this: http://www.mediafire.com/?qgz988s9ojx7j4n
I copy-pasted the entire phoenix-launching function from 1.4 over. See if this works.

This works for me as 1.4 wouldn't actually run phoenix.exe
Yay! Now try this (pasted the kill function into the wrong window on the last link Sad, updated now): http://www.mediafire.com/?c2jfam1cubkg1b3
I replaced the kill function with 1.4's.
Let me know if hitting stop successfully kills phoenix.exe or not (or if it blue screens).
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
For those people that 1.4 refuses to work, try this: http://www.mediafire.com/?qgz988s9ojx7j4n
I copy-pasted the entire phoenix-launching function from 1.4 over. See if this works.

This works for me as 1.4 wouldn't actually run phoenix.exe
Activity: 174
It would be nice if Phoenix Rising could show some more statistics, like how many times it's gotten work queue is empty from x pool, how many times it's been disconnected and reconnected from x pool, etc.
legendary
I think the problem may be due to saving the settings & working in read only mode.
Since it is read only mode, new features may not be able to save & giving problem.
Have to test with NO read only.
Also, i now removed read only , added a client, removed a client & saved settings again with 1.31, hoping new save will make 1.31 work with out crash.
Also, now running with NO read only.
Activity: 140
1.4 Fails to launch the GUI on WIn7 x64 SP1

Weird.
Hi! It's been a while since I've started using PR! Just having issues with my ISP's IP addresses being banned from the forum, I had to use proxy servers just to read threads here. =)

I think we should have a feature request, would that be asking a lot? =)
The whole idea is that the only thing that we'll launch is you're GUI.

Here's the list:
1. Temperature display (VRM, Core, Memory) OSD (since you were already able to tap into the temp control)
    -addendum: Clock throttling to a certain profile when a temp is reached like for example, at night temps are cold, we could OC to like 911/300 5850 stock volts, but during daytime noontime when temps reach like 85-90C on core, it would throttle down to like 860/300.
2. Overclocking tool (like set the clocks at start/when the Run button is pressed)
3. Fan Speed display
4. GPU Core, Memory, VRM Clocks display
5. Maybe the Withdraw button for pools that support it (Same as with GUIminer)
6. Maybe the Miner Stats reporting (like the Widget) where in we enter the API Json from the pool and we get stats like current exchange rate, pool has rate, miner hash rate, BTC earned, workers, etc.

I would say a lot of us here is going to support you (donations, mine at you're suggested pools, bounty etc.)

We couldn't be even more thankful for all your work. =)

I would happily beta test your app!
Eh, only temperature reading is available in the ATI-provided DLL I'm using, can't get ADL working.
I do have an external script that displays all current GPU statistics through GPUZ, but I would rather not release that (argh, need ADL working!).
Overclock tool, I've been thinking about it. Should be relatively simple, as long as I can get ADL working  Roll Eyes.
Most likely no on the Withdraw, since I don't want to ever be accused of stealing/changing bitcoin address Undecided (it'll need complete website log in to withdraw).
I was thinking about using JSON to detect if pool is down, but not too familiar with it.

This is great. But without fail it crashes my entire desktop after about 10-15 minutes.

I have a 5830 running 2.4 SDK @ around 85C. I've tried both the phatk and poclbm kernels, and they both crash.

Independently running phoenix with the same args I have no problems, so I'm not sure what the issue is.
This seems familiar. I think there might have been a bug with Catalyst 11.4 and the SDK that came with that, because it would blue screen if I ended phoenix process instead of ctrl+break.
Using 11.4?

So will 64bit binaries return in future versions past 1.4 or has that ship sailed?

I prefer to use 64bit apps, though I know there really isn't any kind of performance gain in this small of a program it still is a peeve of mine.
Yeah, no more 64-bit, since the DLLs are 32-bit Undecided.
One of the functions I'm using to kill phoenix processes is also 32-bit only apparently.

legendary
I don't know what happened.
But after trying 1.32 & 1.4 & 1.4 a, now even 1.31 crashes every 20-30 minutes.
Also, crash makes program to hang showing restarting cmd window.
Until manually close restarting window, mining is not happening.
I don't know, how i am going to sleep, coz miner may crash & won't mine at all.
Activity: 63

The mediafire link is failing for me, it connects and says "Click here to start download from Mediafire"

The download never starts, the connection just times out (I've tried both IE and Firefox).

Thanks,
-X
Of course, half an hour later and the link works fine Smiley
Activity: 63

The mediafire link is failing for me, it connects and says "Click here to start download from Mediafire"

The download never starts, the connection just times out (I've tried both IE and Firefox).

Thanks,
-X
This is great. But without fail it crashes my entire desktop after about 10-15 minutes.

I have a 5830 running 2.4 SDK @ around 85C. I've tried both the phatk and poclbm kernels, and they both crash.

Independently running phoenix with the same args I have no problems, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

I'm running the GUI on 3 machines crossfired and am having no issues. Maybe you can update your flags?
Activity: 96
NOW

Pages:
Jump to: