Pages:
Author

Topic: [Archive] BFL trolling museum - page 23. (Read 69365 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
January 15, 2013, 06:34:53 PM
Again, Sonny is NOT just "one of their employees", he was their CEO and is now an officer with the company as is his brother. If their janitor was a crook I wouldn't care much, but a company officer and former CEO? Yeah that's important investor information and should plainly be disclosed PRIOR to accepting funds.

I don't think BFL is accepting investors yet.

Agree or not, according to SEC & FTC guidelines pre-order customers are investors and not customers.

I should probably thank you for passing that information on, but that was a rather aggressive way to let me know. Not everyone's trying to piss you off, you know.

I apologize if I sounded harsh, it was not intended. The "Agree or not" portion was actually placed there because *I* disagree with classifying pre-order customers as investors. I've nothing but respect for your informative and comprehensive posts here.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
January 15, 2013, 06:30:49 PM
Again, Sonny is NOT just "one of their employees", he was their CEO and is now an officer with the company as is his brother. If their janitor was a crook I wouldn't care much, but a company officer and former CEO? Yeah that's important investor information and should plainly be disclosed PRIOR to accepting funds.

Agree or not, according to SEC & FTC guidelines pre-order customers are investors and not customers.

I should probably thank you for passing that information on, but that was a rather aggressive way to let me know. Not everyone's trying to piss you off, you know.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
January 15, 2013, 06:27:09 PM
Ha, seems you're overlooking just about every single company in the banking/financial industry...

Really? Care to give a few examples?

Naw, you know how to use Google. You'll probably have trouble finding data under finance, but it's pretty widespread in IT as well.

EDIT:

Ah, very cool. I wasn't aware of the guidelines already in place for such circumstances, though I never doubted their existence.
January 15, 2013, 06:19:05 PM

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
January 15, 2013, 06:09:48 PM

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
January 15, 2013, 06:09:14 PM
A) That has no bearing on their business operations. He is one of their 25 employees.

That's quite a mischaracterization of his position. Sonny is a "high-level executive" and a company owner.
January 15, 2013, 06:07:21 PM
It's also been handled very very poorly. If BFL had said, prior to opening their pre-order window, look we've got this guy that got into some trouble and we're giving him a second chance because we believe he's changed then that would've been one thing.

They did not do this and instead hid his last name, failed to disclose his past, and then shuffled his job description once he was found out. They've handled this even worse than they have their numerous delay announcements.
Those who are in that situation are usually open about it, but some are not. In either case, you don't publicly advertise that fact! Show me a single commercial company that makes it a point to point out one of their employees as a felon. You're more likely to get sued by the employee then gain more customers thru "transparency".

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
January 15, 2013, 06:02:48 PM
It's also been handled very very poorly. If BFL had said, prior to opening their pre-order window, look we've got this guy that got into some trouble and we're giving him a second chance because we believe he's changed then that would've been one thing.

They did not do this and instead hid his last name, failed to disclose his past, and then shuffled his job description once he was found out. They've handled this even worse than they have their numerous delay announcements.
Those who are in that situation are usually open about it, but some are not. In either case, you don't publicly advertise that fact! Show me a single commercial company that makes it a point to point out one of their employees as a felon. You're more likely to get sued by the employee then gain more customers thru "transparency".
Activity: 470
January 15, 2013, 06:01:56 PM
BFL happens to employ a previously convicted felon. Lots of companies do.

Yeah, to clean their toilets. NOT as managers.

Ha, seems you're overlooking just about every single company in the banking/financial industry...

Really? Care to give a few examples?
Activity: 310
January 15, 2013, 06:00:46 PM

truth!!!
legendary
January 15, 2013, 05:57:23 PM

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
January 15, 2013, 05:57:00 PM

Yup if they had nothing to hide they would have thought that their customers would like to know that detail to instill confidence. I would have trusted them more had they been open about Sonny having a criminal record. Investors need to know these facts.
January 15, 2013, 05:49:11 PM

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
January 15, 2013, 05:49:06 PM
Well to get into the position of a CEO you must have some special relations of significant importance to the company. So a CEO is not just any employee.
It's not even an employee position at all either so to dictate company policy.
Activity: 470
January 15, 2013, 05:44:17 PM

legendary
January 15, 2013, 05:37:11 PM
Also their CEO is a CONVICTED SCAMMER!

How can people just gloss over that as if it's no big deal?

Because he a) isn't running the show, and b) isn't the only person working at BFL.
People seem to consistently forget that in order to pull off a scam of this magnitude, they'd need to support of all participating members...managers, execs, designers, engineers, etc.

Believe it or not, most people are not sociopaths.
January 15, 2013, 05:35:05 PM
Sonny is NOT just one of their alleged 25 employees. He was their CEO and he is still an officer with the company by all accounts. The Vleisides name is crap, BFL is entwined with their family, and still BFL is mum on this subject. Where's the town hall meeting, did I miss it?

I don't have a daughter either, but I'll no more trust a convicted sex offender with my 3 teenage sons then I'll trust a convicted thief with my hard earned funds.
Merit: 1009
January 15, 2013, 05:33:57 PM
people change. I've seen it.

They look like monsters to you?
Activity: 310
January 15, 2013, 05:33:40 PM
Also, people change...

Did any of you READ Sonny's write up about what happened?

I'm guessing no.
legendary
Merit: 1000
January 15, 2013, 05:28:10 PM
That's it.  ~crazyates has GOT to be some form of troll.  Nobody could possible have not seen that one coming.
Why? Granted it wasn't the best analogy, but my point is that people change. I've seen it.
Pages:
Jump to: