Pages:
Author

Topic: [Archive] BFL trolling museum - page 21. (Read 69365 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
January 15, 2013, 11:18:22 PM
People seem to consistently forget that in order to pull off a scam of this magnitude, they'd need to support of all participating members...managers, execs, designers, engineers, etc.

This.

If the engineers aren't in on it, then they would have done everything they can to produce working ASICs. If they can produce working ASICs, why would they (BFL higher ups) bother with a scam?

If the engineers are in on it, their professional career is dead, so the scam would need to support them for the rest of their life. I somehow don't think they have enough in pre orders for that.

This constant denial where everything is black or white really beggars belief of how the world works

Madoff had 400+ professionals working away thinking & doing what they do..stop & think that this can not be applied to BFL because an engineer did some work....yeah

They maybe ligit who knows...but to deny the existance of the posability  that the world may be round belongs to a time gone past

Maybe u are the catholic chruch circa "1200AD"

Cheesy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
January 15, 2013, 11:18:12 PM
+1

If they had a working prototype producing 25% or rated expectation they would have sold %500 more product

A failed ASIC isn't just going to drop in performance (unless heat was the only issue)...it's going to flat out fail to produce valid hashes.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
January 15, 2013, 11:14:32 PM
If BFL wanted to silence their critics. All they would really need is show a working prototype.

CES would have been a perfect opportunity for them to do this. But no, they brought box filled with fans and a Nexus 7 to "demo".

So, one might conclude that they have no working prototype...

...OR...

...that they do not want to silence their critics and doubters.

You've heard of "no such thing as bad press", right?

This thread has grown many pages in a single day, and what's it all about?  Talk centering on BFL products.

You can't buy that kind of "buzz".
January 15, 2013, 11:13:30 PM
We are saying you work for BFL ...lol

I'm not on the same continent, but I suppose they could be paying me in BTC to post on the forums. I should check my wallets...
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
January 15, 2013, 11:13:30 PM

If the engineers are in on it, their professional career is dead, so the scam would need to support them for the rest of their life.
Can you name three BFL engineers?
January 15, 2013, 11:12:43 PM
I point to the part of "Delivery of tested working Units"

/facepalm

So you think the delivery company will fail to deliver them?

I asked specifically at which point the failure would be expected. An ignorant "HERP DERP THEY WONT DELIVER" is not a specific point.

Possible answers from someone who isn't stupid would be "the fab won't have finished all the layers in time" or "the packaging will take longer than expected" or "chips will get stuck in customs" or "functional testing will fail" or "thermal/environmental testing will fail" etc.

NO PROTOTYPE

How do you know there was no prototype? A prototype with major issues (eg. overheating or reliability issues) would not be something they would want to brag about or produce demos of, but they would learn what they need to produce a full run of working chips.
January 15, 2013, 10:57:40 PM
People seem to consistently forget that in order to pull off a scam of this magnitude, they'd need to support of all participating members...managers, execs, designers, engineers, etc.

This.

If the engineers aren't in on it, then they would have done everything they can to produce working ASICs. If they can produce working ASICs, why would they (BFL higher ups) bother with a scam?

If the engineers are in on it, their professional career is dead, so the scam would need to support them for the rest of their life. I somehow don't think they have enough in pre orders for that.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
January 15, 2013, 10:53:37 PM
January 15, 2013, 10:33:17 PM
BFL happens to employ a previously convicted felon. Lots of companies do.

Yeah, to clean their toilets. NOT as managers.

Ha, seems you're overlooking just about every single company in the banking/financial industry...

Agreed in most countries including Australia, America

It is regulation & part of the standard probity checks done from the outset before u can be employed in any manner in the BANKING & Financial biz

A standard probity check costs around 15k and they check for the past 15 years with a fine tooth comb on who u r and where u have been down to a detail

SOnny even with name change = Fail
January 15, 2013, 10:29:17 PM
Also their CEO is a CONVICTED SCAMMER!

How can people just gloss over that as if it's no big deal?

Because he a) isn't running the show, and b) isn't the only person working at BFL.

Believe it or not, most people are not sociopaths.

MADOFF has over 500+ employee's and did it all with just 2 people

Him and the IT guy with a 80 column dot matrix printer EPSON FX80 from memory

...lol
January 15, 2013, 10:26:21 PM
Also, people change...

Did any of you READ Sonny's write up about what happened?

I'm guessing no.

Wait let me Guess he had the same answer if u ask 95% of all inmates in prison

"HES INOCENT"
"WAS LEAD ASTRAY"
"WAS WITH A BAD CROWD"
"DIDNT KNOW WHAT WAS ACTUALLY HAPPENing"

but most of all its not me i was just here walking my dog and got caught up in this international lotto scam..before i knew it me and the dog where in too deep and could not find a way out...

...lol
January 15, 2013, 10:22:53 PM
B) I used to work for a convicted sex offender. Did that affect his business practices or his ability to act as a manager? No.

Would you trust him with your 13 year old daughter?

Why then would you trust a convicted thief with large sums of money?

+1
January 15, 2013, 10:20:51 PM
Does anyone who doesn't have any skin in the game still believe BFL is for real?

It seems to me that the only people who believe BFL isn't some kind of scam are those with pre-orders, the same way that only those with large investments in BCS&T believed that Pirateat40 was for real towards the end.

BFL adherents, when will you allow yourselves to consider the fact that this is a scam. When the February deadline is missed? Or are you such chumps that you will allow a convicted fraudster to lead you through yet another hoop?
Calling names doesn't lead to intelligent discussions with any sort of desirable results.  I would advise against it.

As I've said before, BFL very much looks like a company inexperienced in creating ASICs, creating ASICs.  They could be a scam, but I am doubtful, simply because they would have already run with the money if they were.  The logical conclusion is that they have indeed had the setbacks Josh has recently written in detail about, and that they will eventually produce their ASIC products.

Your opinion would carry more weight if they weren't holding your money.

There could be any number of reasons why they haven't run with the money. The new pre-orders coming in could exceed the rate of refunds (wouldn't surprise me considering how heavily they still advertise) or they could still be putting together their method for running with the money. You can't just put $5m on a suitcase and get on a plane.

1 word re- your "they would be gone by now"

Madoff he did it for ~20 years
January 15, 2013, 10:15:04 PM
Does anyone who doesn't have any skin in the game still believe BFL is for real?

I have no money in this and I believe BFL is sincerely trying to build what they are saying they're trying to build. I also believe they have not the slightest idea what they are doing.

+1

Agreed..and if it all turns bad ...they got paid for the experience
January 15, 2013, 10:09:52 PM
As an example, I tell you I am ready to ship and fulfill all pre-orders in October 2012. Then in Mid-January I retell the same tale and say that we only received a small number of chips in October and found a problem. How do you explain that discrepancy? Weren't they supposed to be shipping in mass in October? Why didn't Josh say they received a large number of chips in October to fulfill their massive pre-orders? Is this a typo or a mistake?

Did you all know (by now) how long it takes to bake chips at the Fab? Do you all know that BFL has stated that they were using a technique which involved holding the chips half baked to test the quality of their design...and once sure...complete the other wafers or make adjustments. You do realize (I hope) that BFl was using a dense chip with many more layers (than their competitors) and that each layer takes about a day to deposit in the manufacturing process. (30+ Layers)

Holy shit PuertoLibre, you've somehow, incredibly, managed to out do yourself this time.  You'e managed to pack more fail into two paragraphs than I thought was even possible.  I'll let someone else explain why everything you said here is so completely idiotic that it may be impossible to know where to even begin correcting you (I would vote for 8.9 months before you were born and it involves a coat hanger and a bottle of JD).

You are such a delight...love & kisses
January 15, 2013, 10:04:39 PM
.. Now i want my BTC back because ----?
Because ---- you didn't deliver what I paid you for!
Month after month after month after month nothing but baloney!

Jesus christ, just shut the fck up and cry to your mom.

Stupid bitch shouldnt have offsprings to begin with.

+1 Let it go
Activity: 1162
January 15, 2013, 10:03:07 PM
I was of the understanding that the business Sonny participated in was about taking bets on upcoming lottery numbers. Is that wrong? Where can I read the correct information if so?

Basically it was an advance fee fraud where he sent people letters saying they had won a foreign lottery, but they needed to pay an admin fee to have the money released. He deliberately targeted the elderly, believing them to be more vulnerable.

He came on the forums and claimed to be basically running a numbers racket (i.e. an illegal lottery) and claimed that it was perfectly reasonable to run an unregulated, unsupervised lottery and it was just those god damned government regulations that stopped him from making an honest buck by doing so. That would be bad enough but what he was doing was even worse.

He then posted a picture of him with his girlfriend and his new born baby, as if to say "look at me with this little baby, how could I be a bad guy?"

It was one of the most pathetic and insidious things I have ever seen.

This guy is not just "an employee". He is the founder and CEO of the company
Got a link to the pic or thread?

Sounds kind of hard to believe that this guy would try a PR attempt like that.

Here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1207670

Sonny Vleisides
January 15, 2013, 09:54:24 PM
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
January 15, 2013, 09:53:24 PM
I was of the understanding that the business Sonny participated in was about taking bets on upcoming lottery numbers. Is that wrong? Where can I read the correct information if so?

Basically it was an advance fee fraud where he sent people letters saying they had won a foreign lottery, but they needed to pay an admin fee to have the money released. He deliberately targeted the elderly, believing them to be more vulnerable.

He came on the forums and claimed to be basically running a numbers racket (i.e. an illegal lottery) and claimed that it was perfectly reasonable to run an unregulated, unsupervised lottery and it was just those god damned government regulations that stopped him from making an honest buck by doing so. That would be bad enough but what he was doing was even worse.

He then posted a picture of him with his girlfriend and his new born baby, as if to say "look at me with this little baby, how could I be a bad guy?"

It was one of the most pathetic and insidious things I have ever seen.

This guy is not just "an employee". He is the founder and CEO of the company
Got a link to the pic or thread?

Sounds kind of hard to believe that this guy would try a PR attempt like that.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
January 15, 2013, 09:47:39 PM
Also, people change...

Did any of you READ Sonny's write up about what happened?

I'm guessing no.

Yes, sounded like he maintained that he has always been a nice guy, had nothing to apologize for, and in fact was a victim of an evil government. People change, right.  A BFL engineer/executive Nasser then also chimed in, denying that Sony was a scammer, and in fact defending his past. Not even a tiny sign of remorse about the documented, well planned scam carried out by Sony. Inaba responded by derailing threads, offending concerned customers, etc. It is hard for me to believe that anyone would take BFL seriously or treat them with respect, not to mention giving them money for some future product.
Sounds like a culture of coverups (IMO only)
Pages:
Jump to: