Pages:
Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 23. (Read 395481 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Am I only the one who noticed that some big holder of ardor trying to escape from it from 1st June on bittrex?
The price will go to zero soon (not to the moon)...

It seems that real investors don't believe in bright future of ardor...
All we have is posts that it's good project with great future, long term ivestment, bla bla bla...
But the price goes lower and lower..
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
KYC on the ARDOR platform is a bit difficult, but this is an excellent project that deserves long-term attention to this coin.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005
Hello dears! Ardor is a good project convenient network scaling options and has a convenient setup for business.Where can I find out more about the Testnet Launch and recent changes?

Start from www.jelurida.com
Activity: 186
Hello dears! Ardor is a good project convenient network scaling options and has a convenient setup for business.Where can I find out more about the Testnet Launch and recent changes?
Activity: 34
Merit: 5
Could someone explain to me? If you are running a node, approx what ardor balance do you need to compete and win blocks?

Theoretically you can forge blocks with 1000 Ardor. But that takes a while.

If you look at https://ardorportal.org/monitor you can see the Top Block Generators of the last day on the left side.
If you take this account ARDOR-D9Q6-HDEX-EZKU-3M9KQ it has a forging power of 2,259,061 and generated approx. 0.56 % of all Blocks in the last 24 h.
So in absolute numbers: With a forging power of approx. 2,250,000 ARDOR you may find 8 Blocks per day.

If you have more ARDOR you may do the forging on your own. If you have less, a forging pool might be the best choice.
At the moment, I try this pool : ardorpool.org
Its not the biggest pool, but it has no fees and I don't want to make the other pools even bigger (there are 2 very large ones).
I will see how it turns out. Even though the whale of the pool might get the biggest share.

So I'm bad at Math. Is there a way to calculate if it is better to forge alone with a couple of thousand Ardor or lend to a pool where your share would be below 1%?

There is no way how to tell what way is "better". Better for what should be the further inquiry.

To quote myself:
So in absolute numbers: With a forging power of approx. 2,250,000 ARDOR you may find 8 Blocks per day.
So rule of thumb is: If you have less than that, a pool should be your choice.

Sure your share in the pool might be small. But if you have less ARDOR and try to forge alone, there might be no yield at all, because you find no blocks.
Also: If you try to forge by yourself you need to have some sort of computer running 24/7.

I have a few thousand ARDOR and I go with the pool choice.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 511
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Somebody start panic sell of ardor on bittrex
Amount over 100 btc in 5 minutes

What's going on?
Activity: 1596
Merit: 362
Could someone explain to me? If you are running a node, approx what ardor balance do you need to compete and win blocks?

If you look at https://ardorportal.org/monitor you can see the Top Block Generators of the last day on the left side.
If you take this account ARDOR-D9Q6-HDEX-EZKU-3M9KQ it has a forging power of 2,259,061 and generated approx. 0.56 % of all Blocks in the last 24 h.

If you have more ARDOR you may do the forging on your own. If you have less, a forging pool might be the best choice.
Its not the biggest pool, but it has no fees and I don't want to make the other pools even bigger (there are 2 very large ones).
I will see how it turns out. Even though the whale of the pool might get the biggest share.

So I'm bad at Math. Is there a way to calculate if it is better to forge alone with a couple of thousand Ardor or lend to a pool where your share would be below 1%?
Activity: 336
The development of the Ardor coin project is worth the attention and expectation of the investors. It is definitely a value coin, and its growth may be very amazing in the future.
Activity: 34
Merit: 5

Activity: 266
Merit: 12
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
I've read a little bit about Ethereum's problems with the implementation of "sharding", and got the impression that for Ardor this feature may be easier to achieve, what would be a big point for it.

Sharding is one of the "holy grails" of cryptocurrency scaling - it means basically that not all full nodes must process and validate the whole blockchain. The problem - very oversimplified - seems to be when transactions of different "shards" conflict - who is the arbitrator then?

Well, in Ardor's child-chain design one could simply assign one shard per (major) child-chain, while the main Ardor chain continued to be processed by all nodes (but that's not a problem given Ardor should not be used for everyday transactions). Child-chain transactions of one shard would never conflict with those of another, because they belong to a different child-chain.

There are however some points to take into account:
- What about assets and currencies that are not child-chains? According to what I've read they are "global", so transactions involving them would have to be processed by all shards.
- Security of child-chains. Afaik there is no "forging" on child-chains, only bundling. So how to incentive forgers to validate child chains? One idea could be that all nodes that actively forge must process all child-chains for the blocks when they're participating. This could however limit the efectiveness of sharding and encourage centralization as only pretty big nodes would be able to forge once the system sees mass adoption.
- Some child-chains are meant to be more popular than others. One example is IGNIS which should be the main transactional currency. In the one-shard-per-childchain model IGNIS would be processed by one shard. A possible solution would be - pegged child-chains, as I've proposed some years ago on the NXT forum. So there could be various IGNIS child chains, fungible via some kind of two-way peg (Ignis that are "parked" in one child-chain become available in another, and are only released on chain 1 if they're "returned") just like it's possible with MS currencies.

Just some loud thinking - maybe it's possible to discuss some of these points here Wink
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Update Ardor.World 🚀 Cool
1. Ardor Rich List
2. Ignis Rich List
Link: https://www.ardor.world

I read the rich lists for Ardor and Ignis and found the problems for them. Only a small fraction people (~100) owned most of the coins.
The lack of popularity is the huge problem.

Many people park their coins on exchanges. So many of the top in the list there represent a lot of small fish. Plus, Jelurida owns a lot of Ignis.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
1. Ardor Rich List
2. Ignis Rich List

I read the rich lists for Ardor and Ignis and found the problems for them. Only a small fraction people (~100) owned most of the coins.
The lack of popularity is the huge problem.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005
1. Ardor Rich List
2. Ignis Rich List

This site is getting better and better. Ignis at 10 cents is a shame though. I remember the future prices on HitBTC being around 25$.  Cheesy

I also remember too. The price is so high before the main net launch. I expected that the price will be higher after main net launch.
The fact is just the opposite. So strange.

Hitbtc Ignis price was pure air, they were trading IOU's.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
1. Ardor Rich List
2. Ignis Rich List

This site is getting better and better. Ignis at 10 cents is a shame though. I remember the future prices on HitBTC being around 25$.  Cheesy

I also remember too. The price is so high before the main net launch. I expected that the price will be higher after main net launch.
The fact is just the opposite. So strange.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 362
1. Ardor Rich List
2. Ignis Rich List

Activity: 434
Merit: 126
1. Ardor Rich List
2. Ignis Rich List

NXT , IGNIS , ARDOR .
3 Altcoins this always together if start to the moon , I have some IGNIS and NXT but I will stay hold it for few month for get more profit from Trading .
on this time its so difficult for IGNIS and NXT for raise again.
Pages:
Jump to: