Pages:
Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 47. (Read 395740 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001
ive tried sending out some ardor and it does nothing!
no transactions show up or nothing!

Any ideas? It says im connected to a node.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
FINALLY!!! BITTREX!

Thanks God, I managed to sell 15% of my ardor before the dump.
Tomorrow people will massively deposit their ardor to bittrex and sell it (I think so)
But anyway Ardor will be 10$ this year.

Good luck to all of us!

Don't sell just yet. I hear rumor of a binance listing any day now.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
Tomorrow people will massively deposit their ardor to bittrex and sell it (I think so)
Possible. But for now, the tendency is clearly bullish. The "dump" has almost been reverted and it's even possible that we'll approach a new ATH these days Wink

Do they actually have a working explorer?

Yes, for now there are two:

https://ardor.tools - this one is already more mature and usable, but has a little drawback: it doesn't show child-chain (e.g. Ignis) balances if you check your account.

https://ardorportal.org - this one is more complete regarding child chains but also has some usability flaws still (so to see your account, you must append it to the URL: https://ardorportal.org/accounts/account/YOUR_ACCOUNT)
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Do they actually have a working explorer?
Activity: 51
FINALLY!!! BITTREX!

But anyway Ardor will be 10$ this year.

Good luck to all of us!
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001
Activity: 10
Ardor Trade is now possible on Bittrex.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
Getting this error in ARDOR wallet on startup:

"Cannot connect to proxy... No openAPI peers found."

Ideas?
By default API proxy is enabled ( nxt.enable APIProxy= true ) in config file. Disable proxy by setting nxt.enable APIProxy=false . This setting is more secure and prevents from error you see. But this is exclusively for full node.

Thanks!
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
ARDOR-HKCS-V6N8-FH7T-A3SLF  Coins still stolen.   Angry
Activity: 27
My MainNet version seems to be working OK for now although the base rate is very high. I have recently started forging but haven’t seen any ARDR forged just yet.

Does anyone know what the forge rate is or how it can be calculated?

Many thanks
Activity: 219
Merit: 15

Ideas?
By default API proxy is enabled ( nxt.enable APIProxy= true ) in config file. Disable proxy by setting nxt.enable APIProxy=false . This setting is more secure and prevents from error you see. But this is exclusively for full node.
Activity: 136
Merit: 120
I'm on the 2.0.12 build but getting error: Blockchain download halted, no connection. Is anyone able to sync with the network?
My node is up and running with 90 peer connections.  From the Ardor GUI, select Settings -> Peers -> Add Peer.  Enter aws.scripterron.org and let it connect.  If the connection fails, post the last 100 lines of nxt.log so we can see what is happening on your node.

Note that aws.scripterron.org is already in the list of default nodes, so you would eventually try to connect to it anyways.  Going the Add Peer route just speeds up the connection attempt.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
A) Why make them separate?
Long-term, only ARDR transactions are stored forever in the blockchain. Child-chain transactions (IGNIS, Bitswift and others) will be pruned. That helps keeping database (blockchain) size low. That is also the reason why IGNIS transactions cost 100 times less minimum fee than ARDR transactions.

You should really memorize that, because it's Ardor's main innovation and until to date one of the best scaling solutions. An example: If Ignis had the same transaction volume than Bitcoin, it's database would be about 30 times smaller (for full nodes).

B) What is the block time on Ardor and Ignis.
60 seconds.
C) Has one of them have smart contracts?
No, Ardor's stance here is similar to Bitcoin's. However, some useful smart-contract-like features are hard-coded ("Smart transactions").
E) Can you send cross-chain transactions?
You can trade one child chain to another and to ARDR on the blockchain ("DEX" way). Is that what you mean?

F) Can you sync one of them or do you need to keep getting blocks from both chains?
After pruning has started, all full nodes will sync and validate, by default, only the Ardor chain and the last 1440 blocks (roughly one day) from all child chains. You can, however, choose to be a "archival node" for one or several child chains and sync/validate/store all blocks.

Until pruning has started, all nodes sync all child chains, afaik.
Thanks for your generous sharing, not only was the questioner resolved, but also learned from a technical perspective Ardor and ignis
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
A) Why make them separate?
Long-term, only ARDR transactions are stored forever in the blockchain. Child-chain transactions (IGNIS, Bitswift and others) will be pruned. That helps keeping database (blockchain) size low. That is also the reason why IGNIS transactions cost 100 times less minimum fee than ARDR transactions.

You should really memorize that, because it's Ardor's main innovation and until to date one of the best scaling solutions. An example: If Ignis had the same transaction volume than Bitcoin, it's database would be about 30 times smaller (for full nodes).

B) What is the block time on Ardor and Ignis.
60 seconds.
C) Has one of them have smart contracts?
No, Ardor's stance here is similar to Bitcoin's. However, some useful smart-contract-like features are hard-coded ("Smart transactions").
E) Can you send cross-chain transactions?
You can trade one child chain to another and to ARDR on the blockchain ("DEX" way). Is that what you mean?

F) Can you sync one of them or do you need to keep getting blocks from both chains?
After pruning has started, all full nodes will sync and validate, by default, only the Ardor chain and the last 1440 blocks (roughly one day) from all child chains. You can, however, choose to be a "archival node" for one or several child chains and sync/validate/store all blocks.

Until pruning has started, all nodes sync all child chains, afaik.
Activity: 394
Merit: 104
Ardor Time Episode 4 - Stats From the Ardor Launch

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113
I'm on the 2.0.12 build but getting error: Blockchain download halted, no connection. Is anyone able to sync with the network?

i can connect with the light wallet. that all i can tell you. i am no longer running a full node.
Activity: 51
Well, what I would like to tell to exchanges:
Guys, you may not hurry up with enabling deposit of ardor, cause the price is not interesting to sell anymore...
Nice job! Wink Cheesy Grin
Activity: 40
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13

Ideas?
Pages:
Jump to: