Pages:
Author

Topic: Are ICOs dead? - page 10. (Read 20169 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254
October 03, 2019, 03:26:44 PM
Yes, ICOs are dead in my opinion becase attracting investors is almost impossible these days. IEOs are rather more successful than ICOs becuase the exchange is decided and they can collect more funds with this method. Personally, I would never invest in any ICO or STO. I had enough of it. IEOs actually killed ICOs and changed the investment method of people.
Activity: 819
Merit: 251
October 03, 2019, 02:04:46 PM
For me yes. ICO's are very risky investment right now especially to those who are only beginners because many of them are not trying to research about token they are investing with. I suggest to new investors that research first and try to contact the partners and verify if they are partnered with the specific project that you are about to invest in.
If you notice in the altcoin section bounty there are so many issues there that still not solve. Complains about not paying bounty etc. Almost all of it is because failed ICO and Scam ICO's.
Activity: 463
Merit: 11
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
October 03, 2019, 01:17:50 PM
I've heard that ico is falling down and the new one called IEO is making his own name in the field of crypto. I hope that this is the new beginning of crypto to rise again. Hope there's no scam anymore.
Activity: 349
Merit: 10
October 03, 2019, 01:03:52 PM
There are still investors who want to invest in ico's and that's why I can proved that Icos are still alive. But the investors are now decreasing due to the scam ICOS that are still operating in the market.
Exactly.  ETH was an ICO and achieved great success for the market today.  With such a tough market, we may need good ICO projects in order to create valuable new altcoins and bring that trend back to the market.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 03, 2019, 11:50:05 AM
Icos are not properly dead. Still many projects are doing icos. But now a days icos are not much successful. Ieos are getting better now. At this point ieos are the main successful fund raising system.
Activity: 791
Merit: 139
October 03, 2019, 10:57:53 AM
ICOs are almost dead and its future is getting closer to zero percent success.
Let us see how the new system IEO will make the public sale more successful.
If this will also fail us then we dont have a good future.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
October 03, 2019, 10:56:13 AM
ico is not completely dead yet, because there are still many developers who launched the ICO project in this forum. but I see now many investors who prefer to invest in IEO large exchanges and investor confidence has collapsed because ICO always produces junk tokens and many of them end up with fraud.
ICOs are almost dead for now. First of all many of these are turning to be a scam just fooling people in the market. Secondly, even if the project comes with a good idea and a good technical team, they ask for too much in the bearish market and hence are not able to reach their starting capital. And since the market had taken the downturn, most of the investors are taking their step back as they hesitate to invest in the new ones and restrict themselves to the old trusted ones. So, let's see whether these conditions prevail for long or not...
Activity: 1694
Merit: 268
Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited
October 03, 2019, 10:23:40 AM
Considering that many of the ico scams that occurred in 2018 certainly gave a deterrent effect for investors to invest their funds in the ico project now, although ico is not dead yet, but I am sure that in the future ico will be abandoned by investors, so that in the future ico is just a history in the crypto world and of course after ico is gone there will be new methods for developers to sell their tokens, such as ieo and sto which are now the choice of investors to invest their funds in a cryptocurrency project.
Activity: 90
Merit: 1
October 03, 2019, 09:51:41 AM
I also believe companies are sharpening up and paying more attention to detail with their token sales. As well as that people are more wise to token utility and inherent token value, so we can see more specificity on the part of start ups. Have a look at Suterusu and how they are distributing tokens for instance.

Also, this is a good  read to see what they are about. - https://medium.com/suterusu/what-is-a-liquid-decentralized-meritocracy-23788398cc88
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000
Truly decentralized stable asset
October 03, 2019, 09:44:47 AM
ico is not completely dead yet, because there are still many developers who launched the ICO project in this forum. but I see now many investors who prefer to invest in IEO large exchanges and investor confidence has collapsed because ICO always produces junk tokens and many of them end up with fraud.
Almost all investors hate the ICO model of the token sale and they prefer to invest in the projects with the IEO which placed on the well-known exchanges. ICOs are not completely dead because there is no enough amount of BTC in the projects for conducting the IEO. Many ICOs try to catch the weak investors for stealing their funds as much as possible in my opinion.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
October 03, 2019, 09:37:05 AM
There are still investors who want to invest in ico's and that's why I can proved that Icos are still alive. But the investors are now decreasing due to the scam ICOS that are still operating in the market.
- Living as you say cannot be called living because there are very few investors who like to participate in ICO projects and with such a small number of people and they also allocate in different projects, not focusing on one project, I don't think the projects running ICOs can be successful, the softcap is not achieved and the opportunity to establish relationships, listing on exchanges is very low when the exchange is giving priority to IEO. This is clearly an invisible death, the ICO has only left outer shell
Activity: 924
Merit: 275
October 03, 2019, 08:37:15 AM
Activity: 756
Merit: 257
Freshdice.com
October 03, 2019, 08:35:31 AM
Interesting article about the death of ICOs and the emergence of IEO... https://cryptotradernews.com/investing-trading/are-icos-really-dead/

What do you guys think? I don't think ICOs are fully dead. They just need to be regulated in more efficient ways. Most ICOs from 2017-2018 never delivered on their promises because they were being ran by a bunch of assholes who didn't deliver squad... We need more regulation. Only then will ICOs get better imo.

Not exactly "dead" in the context of that alt coin will never came back. They're just like small phoenix who have been burned out because most of them are like "sparks"; they glow bright and pretty but only for a short time. But no one ever said that small sparks can't ignite a fuel and turn into a proper flame. Finding the right 'fuel' is what they needed or in the context of this industry, timing and a really good advertising strategy to be popular, relevant and useful for traders and users of cryptos.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 264
October 03, 2019, 08:33:26 AM
I think YES because a lot of scams happened just last year and most ICO's are not really useful and they just created it to make money and making flowering quotes just to make people believe it.

But, some of the ICO's I have joined are good and I earned a profit from it. It will depend if you have a target price to sell it, because after it get listed they will dump it for sure and wait for the right time to buy and sell.
Activity: 775
Merit: 11
October 03, 2019, 08:25:25 AM
Activity: 835
Merit: 500
October 03, 2019, 08:07:19 AM
Looks like ICOS are dead and that is very good because so much scammers around  Smiley
Activity: 1386
1XBit.com
October 03, 2019, 04:31:46 AM
Although some ico is a fraud, but until now ico is still the option of some investors to participate in the sale of crypto projects, I think ico will continue to grow even though it is no longer the first choice for investors now, even though there are still many ico today that are still active and seemingly very potential to be able to provide benefits for investors.
Apart from IEO and also STO of course ico is one of the systems used by the developers in selling their tokens.
Activity: 672
October 03, 2019, 04:04:33 AM
ICOs are not exactly dead. The thing is, most people are finding it very difficult and unworthy of time, money and trust because a lot of them have proven to be fake and scams in recent times. No one wants to invest in an ICO only to find out that it was a scam, and that's why they are boycotting it. I think with a little regulation to prevent the flooding of these streets with scam ICOs, maybe investors faith in ICOs will be restored.
Activity: 938
Merit: 255
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
October 01, 2019, 06:42:42 AM
When can we say something is dead? When you stop receiving any information about a certain product or services, you won't be mistaken for saying it is dead. In the case of ICOs, when as the last time a project conducted an ICO? By answering that question, you will agree with me that to an extent ICOs are dead and if the long term silence continues no one or project will look the path of ICOs again. Moreover, since IEOs offers better funds or Investment security i wonder who will participate with ICOs again.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
October 01, 2019, 06:32:59 AM
Definitely the era of ICO in its original form is coming to an end. Now there are better alternatives, such as IEO, STO. Investors like IEO more, because the sale of tokens takes place on the cryptocurrency exchange, which means that this token will be tradable on the exchange. The STO model is preferable in that the tokens fall under the regulation of some legislation. This in turn causes more confidence among investors.
ICO's will come back again because most people are used to them. There is a lot of growth within the IEO world of course.
Pages:
Jump to: