Pages:
Author

Topic: Are ICOs dead? - page 14. (Read 20169 times)

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292
www.cd3d.app
September 12, 2019, 06:41:19 PM
ICO is a fundraising method, it is obvious that losing popularity is lost and the number of projects resorting to this method.
According to statistics, 94% of ICO projects fell 90% of its price relative to Bitcoin after their initial placement.
This statistic alone suggests that ICOs as a whole are profitable only in the short term, at best.

Activity: 868
Merit: 100
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
September 02, 2019, 08:31:34 AM
who says ICO is dead and people just say it doesn't make sense whether in ICO or in IEO invest because ICO is a bit ruined now most people prefer to invest in IEO but i'm sure that when the ICO comes out of drowning all the investors here will earn a lot.
Activity: 335
September 02, 2019, 02:28:48 AM
Interesting article about the death of ICOs and the emergence of IEO... https://cryptotradernews.com/investing-trading/are-icos-really-dead/

What do you guys think? I don't think ICOs are fully dead. They just need to be regulated in more efficient ways. Most ICOs from 2017-2018 never delivered on their promises because they were being ran by a bunch of assholes who didn't deliver squad... We need more regulation. Only then will ICOs get better imo.
I think that only the ICOs want to raise fund through a crowdfunding or Public Sale are dead. No more retail investors are interest in this market. You can see that new ICOs still appear daily, but they aim to VCs, or invesment institutions. They still alive, just change the way to raise fund.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
September 02, 2019, 02:20:31 AM
Nope its not complete dead its just there are so many trust issues right now on ICO due to the a lot of reason like running the funds when the ICO is finished or not getting the softcap which to sustain the project later on. Still ICO is still alive but its just risky 
Activity: 753
Merit: 15
mulierum.com
September 01, 2019, 07:41:09 PM
ICOs not did but become less trust, most investors go to IEO, it is more save, but you need to choose the project carefully

"ICOs not did"? Is it a typo?
ICO is still there but it is not really popular anymore. Yes, most people prefer to choose IEO now. It makes sense since IEO can provide a better way. IEO provides an exchange for coin/token listing at the very early stage. It makes people think safer. But don't trust 100%, as you said, choose carefully.
Activity: 588
Merit: 101
August 29, 2019, 07:35:48 PM
Not completely dead, just hibernation I think. ICO's popularity has declined since many damaging scammers. Investor confidence is also getting smaller, it is difficult to strengthen the network in shaping the market. Until IEO is here to provide a solution to the crisis of confidence, where tokens that become products are available and ready on the market. Of course, it all depends on the strength of each project, if the project is strong with strategy, vision, mission, good products then it doesn't matter if you want IEO or ICO.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
August 29, 2019, 06:56:02 PM
Interesting article about the death of ICOs and the emergence of IEO... https://cryptotradernews.com/investing-trading/are-icos-really-dead/

What do you guys think? I don't think ICOs are fully dead. They just need to be regulated in more efficient ways. Most ICOs from 2017-2018 never delivered on their promises because they were being ran by a bunch of assholes who didn't deliver squad... We need more regulation. Only then will ICOs get better imo.

I think ICOs will replace IPOs one day. When better regulation and strict rules come. Maybe this will happen in a couple of years, maybe even in five, who knows...
Activity: 35
Merit: 1
August 27, 2019, 01:50:02 PM
ICOs not did but become less trust, most investors go to IEO, it is more save, but you need to choose the project carefully

Activity: 1176
Vave.com
August 25, 2019, 06:23:08 PM
with the future entrance we should work with the customs of jobs on ICO/IEO as preparing of more with the details of strategy and customs with reference on managing plan to match as fine of the chance on winning with the terms of projects creation for the wordl.

Activity: 238
Merit: 11
August 25, 2019, 06:14:25 PM
ICO's are really not dead. Most ICO's are in the dormant state now. Most couldn't deliver according to their promises, most are stack due to lack of funds to reach their target and most also ended up as scam projects but the only tool to help or prevent ICO's from dying or fading of is by regulation. Regulation can help ICO's survive and even compete with IEO's emergence. ICO's are just not dead but needs regulation to survive.
Activity: 595
Merit: 101
Chromia - Relational Blockchain
August 25, 2019, 04:23:12 PM
At the moment, there is little demand for ICOs, but some people are still working on them and it cannot be claimed that ICOs are dead.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 183
August 24, 2019, 06:00:57 AM
The number of new ICO projects has now decreased by about five times, this is true. However, in my opinion, fraud among them is not so common as last year. Therefore, ICO projects are still alive. However, their activities, of course, need to be regulated. Now, probably, no less than a part of their time, bounty hunters spend on supporting the project after the end of the ICO and before receiving the tokens they earned. This part of the activity must be eliminated or at least substantially reduced.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
August 23, 2019, 10:13:55 AM
IEO's are taking place of ICO's, so, maybe it's.

Hundreds of IEOs are ongoing right now, but they are not getting that much investment. ICOs of late 2017 gathered billions of USD worth of investment in a few months time. The amounts being directed to the IEOs is a far cry from those levels. There are good IEOs out there are they are still getting good attention from the investors, but a lot many of them are worthless.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
August 23, 2019, 09:53:09 AM
Ico's are not dead and i wonder why people still see ICO's as dead. ICO's needs to be regulated to bring back all the investors that left ICO's for IEO's. Its only regulation as a tool that ICO's needs to survive. Many ICO projects are also not giving out their best and what they promise because they lack funds to reach their goal. These funds will come from investors and since ICO is not regulated, investors are all shifting to IEO's.
copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 5
August 16, 2019, 09:33:31 PM
The cryptocurrency arena is highly flexible, and new concepts and methods are constantly developing. ICO's are been phased out and replaced with IEO. Though some projects holds successfully ICO's, but they are on the minority because of the distrust of investors on ICO and IEO seems to be less risky since a third party which is the cryptocurrency exchange is also involved.
Activity: 532
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
August 16, 2019, 09:28:11 PM
There are many ICO projects that occur problems and this happens because of a group of irresponsible people. The next impact is that many people suffer losses. But now that we already have a good chance to re-choose a good project like IEO and STO.

But what we see now that IEO and STO this of course have an advantage when compared to the ICO. However, the ICO also does not die because until now the ICO is still developed.
Activity: 378
August 15, 2019, 12:19:49 PM
The real fact is that, IEO's have come to stay and ICO's are been left behind to fight on its very own. Investors are no longer interested in ICO's and have all switched to IEO's and this has led to the downfall of ICO's. The only hope left for ICO's is regulation. If only ICO's can be regulated, it will pave way for investors to join without been cared.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 275
August 14, 2019, 07:55:30 PM
In reality, so many people already left ICO, but fully dead still Not because we see so many projects using ICO but i think the relevant is almost dead. People prefer choose IEO project than ICO. Until now, i don't see any ICO project become so success

I would say, projects that are successful with their ICOs are very rare nowadays. I think those who achieved success during their ICO stage have big whales that were already backing their financial status to begin with. But they are not completely dead yet. There are projects who are still trying their luck via this crowdsourcing method.
Activity: 238
Merit: 12
send & receive money instantly,with no hidden cost
August 14, 2019, 07:09:36 PM
Its interesting how IEO has all of a sudden over shadow ICO's. In fact ICO's are not fully dead but just dormant for now. Investors are now afraid of investing into ICO's anymore and lack of funds has caused most ICO projects to halt and remain dormant. If only ICO's are to be regulated, crypto would have seen a quick rise in ICO projects than IEO's.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
August 14, 2019, 06:16:17 PM
I unequivocally remain against the idea that ICOs are completely dead and I don't need ICO to leave the crypto space everlastingly for there have been some incredible ICOs in the historical backdrop of ICO. It is only a low interest for ICO and low pace of cooperation by the investors because of nonattendance of trust and I think trust is essential to gets things going as a result of which IEO has been blowing aside ICOs.
Pages:
Jump to: