Pages:
Author

Topic: Are ICOs dead? - page 11. (Read 20169 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 265
October 01, 2019, 05:42:05 AM
Interesting article about the death of ICOs and the emergence of IEO... https://cryptotradernews.com/investing-trading/are-icos-really-dead/

What do you guys think? I don't think ICOs are fully dead. They just need to be regulated in more efficient ways. Most ICOs from 2017-2018 never delivered on their promises because they were being ran by a bunch of assholes who didn't deliver squad... We need more regulation. Only then will ICOs get better imo.
I don't think that ICO is dead because there are still ICO projects that are still profitable and have a good value. I think a lot of people are now saying that ICO is dead because a lot of investors who have stopped investing their money in scam projects and unsuccessful projects.
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
October 01, 2019, 03:40:33 AM
ICO still profitable but some time not all of ICO success after listing on exchange market, today we found many ICO combined with IEO to get many investor want to buy their coin and become success after listing on exchange market, if you have side money maybe you can joined and invest on ICO project.
Activity: 88
Merit: 0
September 29, 2019, 12:08:17 PM
I don't think ICOs are fully dead. They still have existence in the market. Though lots of ICOs aren't operating in a full swing. But I hope they will rise their head again. I read an article about ICO scams here: https://all-stocks.net/prominent-analyst-slams-xrp-as-a-scam-coin-following-a-lawsuit-against-ripple/ Anyways, we all wait to the see the success of ICOs again.
Activity: 714
Merit: 101
September 29, 2019, 11:57:58 AM
The ICOs are not dead, they still exist. There are enough projects per month that announce ICO. Most likely we can say that the profit from all these ICO is dead, because they are either scammers or extremely weak projects that do not allow investors to earn.
Activity: 71
Merit: 1
September 29, 2019, 10:29:05 AM
For now ICO can be said to be dead, because I see now ICO is very bad, a lot of ICOs can be said of fraud, now it is very difficult to find an ICO that is truly original, is there anyone who can give me a solution, how to find the right ICO real original?
ico is not dead, but it can be said that ICO is no longer a profitable investment like in 2017. Since that incident I began to observe that many new developers misuse this method for bad things. dorr ..... most of the scammers evolved to imitate decent projects with near-perfect efficiency. and this is one reason why many projects end in fraud
3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
September 29, 2019, 10:14:48 AM
First of all ICOs are now treated as a scum suckers, Why one will buy ICOs when you can buy their tokens for a very cheap rate on exchange when they are launched? The ICOs are offering massive discounts to the early investors who then seems to dump their stocks on exchanges for even 50% profit.

Not to forget the bounty hunters who will dump the altcoins for no reason and for even penny.
legendary
Activity: 1006
Merit: 1000
SafeHaven.Finance
September 29, 2019, 10:12:15 AM
I don't think any project doing ICO can get the fund they want. Probably the best way to get fund is doing an IEO on a big exchange and all the tokens will be sold easily. After 2017 when ICO craze ended, nobody now wants to invest any projects as people dump it right away whick makes blockchain garbage of dead projects. I would never invest in any of them actually.

I agree with you, most investors no longer believe in investment after a very drastic market downturn, seeing that market conditions such as this are very difficult to grow high market prices again, because there are no incoming investors, it is also very difficult to increase market prices again.
For increasing the profitability, market participants have to create a strong demand from the rest of the world. It is difficult for them and high market prices will lead to the low demand from smart investors. The new batch of investors will join the crypto projects if the market conditions can go to the positive side. Believing to the project is not the main requirement for the crypto investors and they usually look for alternative solutions to this problem. 
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c
September 29, 2019, 10:08:21 AM
I don't think any project doing ICO can get the fund they want. Probably the best way to get fund is doing an IEO on a big exchange and all the tokens will be sold easily. After 2017 when ICO craze ended, nobody now wants to invest any projects as people dump it right away whick makes blockchain garbage of dead projects. I would never invest in any of them actually.

I agree with you, most investors no longer believe in investment after a very drastic market downturn, seeing that market conditions such as this are very difficult to grow high market prices again, because there are no incoming investors, it is also very difficult to increase market prices again.
Activity: 490
send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c
September 29, 2019, 10:00:10 AM
For now ICO can be said to be dead, because I see now ICO is very bad, a lot of ICOs can be said of fraud, now it is very difficult to find an ICO that is truly original, is there anyone who can give me a solution, how to find the right ICO real original?
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1202
September 29, 2019, 09:26:38 AM
Most of them are dead , but not because they did not have the tech or team but because they did not achieve their starting capital and they ask too much in the bear market. Another reason why ICO's are dead is that investors no longer trow money into this type of projects as 80% don't even bounce back to the initial price so why risk your money into something that maybe it will never recover.

I'm waiting for 2020 to see what will bring to the ICO's and I'm waiting to see what will be the next move for those who want to start a project on blockchain, maybe have their personal funds, like 30% of the starting capital.

Have someone had a good ICO experience in q2-q3 of 2019 ? I have searched in IcoBench data to find out some gems but it seems that I couldn't find any of them in this period of the year. I'm thinking that the only way for those good projects to have a resurrection is a new bull run Undecided .
Activity: 546
September 29, 2019, 08:38:47 AM
it's dead and no one is interested in investing in ICOs in 2019. No other ICO project can fool investors again.

I couldn't agree more. It's like fool me once, shame on you / fool me twice, shame on me. And that is what all the burnt investors had in their mind like they won't ever touch crypto again and I have never heard any ICOs that have made big gains last year and this year and it's like they all cancelled their projects and abandoned it. ICOs are for 2017 and 2019 is for IEO so let's see what's in store for 2020/2021.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1030
September 29, 2019, 03:26:04 AM
Activity: 994
Merit: 260
September 29, 2019, 03:06:38 AM
Definitely the era of ICO in its original form is coming to an end. Now there are better alternatives, such as IEO, STO. Investors like IEO more, because the sale of tokens takes place on the cryptocurrency exchange, which means that this token will be tradable on the exchange. The STO model is preferable in that the tokens fall under the regulation of some legislation. This in turn causes more confidence among investors.
Activity: 305
Merit: 10
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 29, 2019, 02:50:08 AM
it's dead and no one is interested in investing in ICOs in 2019. No other ICO project can fool investors again.

Some investors not believe in ICO now  especially those people who invested and got scam, they don't want to be a victim of scam again , i see legit project but after a year it goes to scam project like what other ICO .
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
September 29, 2019, 02:44:48 AM

Even after all these scams and failures, there is no concrete mechanism in place to prevent the investors getting cheated again. The ICO basics remain the same. You trust the promoters and pour in all of your hard earned money in to their fancy projects, and hope that they'll hold on to their side of the bargain. And as we have seen earlier, this no longer works.

when you invest you trust but that does not mean that you are now going to pour all your hard earned money on them  .  those who do that are not pro investors but they are only an investor wanabee that thinks investing is easy  . a real pro investor will only invest small at first , he will only test the waters  and if he sense that the project is smoothly running that is the time that he add a little gradually until he is contented  . but you guys are wrong ,  ico are not totally dead  because there are still those that are striving and fighting for thier reputation and these icos are quality guaranteed   .
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
September 29, 2019, 02:39:41 AM

Even after all these scams and failures, there is no concrete mechanism in place to prevent the investors getting cheated again. The ICO basics remain the same. You trust the promoters and pour in all of your hard earned money in to their fancy projects, and hope that they'll hold on to their side of the bargain. And as we have seen earlier, this no longer works.
Activity: 939
Merit: 256
September 28, 2019, 11:48:39 PM
Activity: 798
Merit: 258
September 28, 2019, 11:33:54 PM
The ICO is not dead yet, I still see legit projects under the ICO. Because if he was dead then we would have never seen a bounty project arise in the crypto business, others have been mined by other BMs who have a good rank in this forum, so he is not dead yet, though Most are still used by exploitative scammers so more caution is needed.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 250
September 28, 2019, 10:15:05 PM
ICO now this is no longer interesting because the name is already very bad ICO lot of fraudsters who are not responsible for scammers took away the money of investors, therefore, enthusiasts ICO is now reduced and their investors preferring the IEO. investors preferring the IEO today because it is more secure but there are risks when price does not match the sales price of the initial sale price ie $ 0.2 when listing on the exchange of approximately $ 0.1 also makes a loss for investors.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
September 28, 2019, 09:38:05 PM
It seems that it is true that there is no longer any success from a project that uses methods such as ICO because this is no longer effective. there must be something new besides ICO or IEO which is only the Trend this year and has proven to be disappointing in the end. we will wait for new momentum again
Pages:
Jump to: