Pages:
Author

Topic: Are ICOs gonna phase out very soon? - page 11. (Read 5375 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 10
June 03, 2019, 12:47:44 AM
Soon it will be gone once IEO will start to boom. Due to the scam ICOs that circulate this industry, many people specially investors does not care already in ICO. They lose their trust in ICO because they destroy our investment. IEO and STO will become the greatest fund raising if there is no scam accusation to them.

I dont think ICOs will be dead. Many good ICOs reach the target and i think this indicating its depend on the project and team behind. IEOs from big exchangers is good investment and could be a game changers but i dont think this make ICOs phase out
Activity: 418
Merit: 103
June 02, 2019, 07:56:13 PM
No, It's not! ICO market is facing a bad time and everything has a bad and good time! If scammers and greedy people get out from the ICOs then investors will show interest on ICO projects to invest again!
Activity: 868
Merit: 185
Roobet supporter and player!
June 02, 2019, 07:46:19 PM
Soon it will be gone once IEO will start to boom. Due to the scam ICOs that circulate this industry, many people specially investors does not care already in ICO. They lose their trust in ICO because they destroy our investment. IEO and STO will become the greatest fund raising if there is no scam accusation to them.
Activity: 560
Merit: 10
“A nexgen decentralized ride hailing ”
June 02, 2019, 07:26:13 PM
The reputation of ICO has been so bad that it is almost immediately linked to scam. Now that we have a more secure way of crowdfunding that is, IEO, investors would undoubtedly choose this. Maybe for another year, ICOs would be completely phased out.
maybe I think the ICO will survive and the Scam will decrease maybe in the future the Scam will be eliminated.
all must have advantages and disadvantages, and in my opinion the ICO can still be improved, so that it will be even better in the future.
in my opinion, he can still survive long enough.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
June 02, 2019, 07:18:29 PM
ICO is just like a fundraiser crowdfunding type thing. I think there should be a better system in place for the tokens investors and these methods are still new so let us see how things will change if they do.
The reputation of ICO has been so bad that it is almost immediately linked to scam. Now that we have a more secure way of crowdfunding that is, IEO, investors would undoubtedly choose this. Maybe for another year, ICOs would be completely phased out.

You can even get ICO template with teams and everything ready-made for scamming. Legit projects could use bought templates but usually its scammers how do.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 174
June 02, 2019, 06:13:34 PM
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
June 02, 2019, 05:27:36 PM
ICOs are not longer in demand because IEOs have taken its position as the most favourable way to raise funds for projects. It is secure, dependable and trust worthy and that is why investors choose it
I think the ICO has not yet fully died, because there are still many ICOs currently underway, but with the holding of the IEO it can be said that the ICO will not be popular anymore.
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
June 02, 2019, 04:51:18 PM
ICOs are not longer in demand because IEOs have taken its position as the most favourable way to raise funds for projects. It is secure, dependable and trust worthy and that is why investors choose it
copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 14
June 02, 2019, 03:31:13 PM
With careful analysis you might not be far from the truth, this is because upcoming projects are now going for IEOs while those that start before now are moving over to IEO system of fund raising.
Investors have been dealt with in ICOs thus moving over to IEO which is almost causing the death of ICOs.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 259
June 02, 2019, 11:11:20 AM
with the development of systems in the crypto world to create new projects in collecting initial funds, the more efficient and safe ones will be used by investors to build new projects to avoid the risk of ico being scam.
and I believe ICO will be abandoned slowly by investors because we must be prepared to accept change to make it better.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
June 02, 2019, 10:35:32 AM
I have been playing into some few ICO projects lately, and the reality is that I lost a lot of money due to the domination of the bear market and uncertainty of the projects going forward.

As the old saying goes, more than 90% of those projects are either scams, failed to reach soft cap, or not getting any traction in the next few months or so.

Maybe it’s because ICOs are not regulated and investors like me holds all of the risks.

Until now, there are still new ICOs emerging. However, there are also new ones such as STOs (security token offerings), IEOs (initial exchange offerings), and so on. It seems that both STOs and IEOs are already being considered the next big thing in raising crypto funds for starters.

With their ongoing emergence, are ICOs gonna be over soon? Are they gonna saturate and may phase out due to projects turning to STOs and IEOs?

I wanna know about your thoughts regarding this one, and I would greatly appreciate it whether if you agree or not with my opinion. Thank you in advance.
There's not much we can do with ICO it's all messed up and scammers are lording it over here, even if there is a good project in ICO, we will not notice it, because there are too many scams around it, the best way we can do is just concentrate on the coins that are already in the market, try IEO and STO a much better alternatives.
copper member
Activity: 364
Merit: 1
June 02, 2019, 10:08:01 AM
I have been playing into some few ICO projects lately, and the reality is that I lost a lot of money due to the domination of the bear market and uncertainty of the projects going forward.

As the old saying goes, more than 90% of those projects are either scams, failed to reach soft cap, or not getting any traction in the next few months or so.

Maybe it’s because ICOs are not regulated and investors like me holds all of the risks.

Until now, there are still new ICOs emerging. However, there are also new ones such as STOs (security token offerings), IEOs (initial exchange offerings), and so on. It seems that both STOs and IEOs are already being considered the next big thing in raising crypto funds for starters.

With their ongoing emergence, are ICOs gonna be over soon? Are they gonna saturate and may phase out due to projects turning to STOs and IEOs?

I wanna know about your thoughts regarding this one, and I would greatly appreciate it whether if you agree or not with my opinion. Thank you in advance.

There should be a way to tackle these problems associated with ICO. In my opinion, all upcoming ICO should be stopped cos its raising a lot of fraud and scam in the system. Its better to develop on the already existing projects.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
June 01, 2019, 01:25:02 PM
We must also take into account the fact that exchanges that conduct IEO have a number of requirements for new projects, as well as certain contributions to Bitcoin.  Not every developer can afford it.  Based on this, the company's ico market will still operate and develop.
Activity: 966
Merit: 111
June 01, 2019, 01:21:22 PM
Thier phasing out might be sooner than later, as I don't see any reason within ICOs that can attract any investor right now.
ICOs had their time, while some did well, a greater number did badly and its effects is still felt till today and this bad effect is what is keeping investors away while leading them to IEOs.

I did not see that the ICO would be removed and perhaps more precisely the people leaving the ICO temporarily and moving to the IEO. And one more thing you say is that the ICO cannot attract investors anymore. Actually, if you look at the overall ICO that exists today, certainly not all ICOs are like that. Because I still see that the ICO can still attract investors to invest in the ICO.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 104
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
June 01, 2019, 01:17:45 PM
Thier phasing out might be sooner than later, as I don't see any reason within ICOs that can attract any investor right now.
ICOs had their time, while some did well, a greater number did badly and its effects is still felt till today and this bad effect is what is keeping investors away while leading them to IEOs.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
June 01, 2019, 11:48:23 AM
most likely this system will not be eliminated. but, when the IEO showed a positive trend compared to ICO, many entrepreneurs might change their systems from ICO to IEO. well, between the two, of course I also prefer the IEO.
now everyone is choosing IEO, but in fact, IEO is a good thing only when it is held on very large exchanges, otherwise, projects still cannot find enough money
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
June 01, 2019, 11:32:42 AM
most likely this system will not be eliminated. but, when the IEO showed a positive trend compared to ICO, many entrepreneurs might change their systems from ICO to IEO. well, between the two, of course I also prefer the IEO.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
June 01, 2019, 11:03:01 AM
Yes, it's only a matter of time, the sign that it's going to be phased out is the ICO's that cannot reach the soft cap, investors are having second thought investing in this kind of crowdfunding, they prefer IEO and STO now.
They are more than interested to participate with IEO's instead of taking long wait investing with ico's where the chance of getting profits is smaller and the chance of getting scammed out is really higher, being part of ico's is taking a big risk of your money and time, you need to updates yourself about the project making you to always have some worries if what will be the results.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
June 01, 2019, 11:01:27 AM

Investing on ICO's are actually risky because there might come a time where the value of the token bought will hit rock bottom and might have a hard time recovering. Some ICOs' are stepping up because they do not want this to happen and create every possible way to make their token popular. Gaining popularity is a good thing for Alternate Cryptocurrencies because good promotion is hard to do. I also do not think that ICO's will be out of phase but rather will have another upgrade because founders are always looking for ways to improve what they started.
copper member
Activity: 482
Merit: 1
June 01, 2019, 10:58:36 AM
no it wont phase out. we will just keep seeing it in different forms. people that witnessed this recent bear must have learnt so much lesson to guide them further in this space. much of it is about investing with much care. new projects will keep coming but only few will survive.
Pages:
Jump to: