Pages:
Author

Topic: Are ICOs gonna phase out very soon? - page 7. (Read 5375 times)

Activity: 394
Merit: 1
June 05, 2019, 11:40:17 PM
no matter how bad ico, I'm sure it won't make ico disappear or be deleted on this forum site. I am still sure that I have good ico for us to follow, it's just that we have to be more careful before joining them.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
June 05, 2019, 11:21:13 PM
I have been playing into some few ICO projects lately, and the reality is that I lost a lot of money due to the domination of the bear market and uncertainty of the projects going forward.

As the old saying goes, more than 90% of those projects are either scams, failed to reach soft cap, or not getting any traction in the next few months or so.

Maybe it’s because ICOs are not regulated and investors like me holds all of the risks.

Until now, there are still new ICOs emerging. However, there are also new ones such as STOs (security token offerings), IEOs (initial exchange offerings), and so on. It seems that both STOs and IEOs are already being considered the next big thing in raising crypto funds for starters.

With their ongoing emergence, are ICOs gonna be over soon? Are they gonna saturate and may phase out due to projects turning to STOs and IEOs?

I wanna know about your thoughts regarding this one, and I would greatly appreciate it whether if you agree or not with my opinion. Thank you in advance.
You already mentioned that new ICOs were emerging eeryday so still project team hopes ICOs are great way to raise fuds for them but prolem is scammers take advantage that is why IEOs become more popular these days which may take place of ICOs i future but too many IEOs will exhaust the reputation of exchange so there will be a new way of raising the funds.
Activity: 327
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
June 05, 2019, 11:01:15 PM
of the number of new programs that have emerged as we know today STO and IEO have received public trust for several reasons. but I don't think that ICO will be deleted soon. I am sure that there are still many ICOs that use it and are still needed.
copper member
Activity: 301
Merit: 2
June 05, 2019, 10:56:15 PM
No, ICO will definitely continue to exist.  However, it may not be as busy as it once was, where we all know that many ICO projects failed.  Many ICOs were successful around 2017, but after that everything changed.  Over time, the ICO has now diminished a lot and now the IEO is emerging.  ICO and IEO actually have the same purpose, but the methods are different, therefore I think that ICO will continue to exist, as long as the Cryptocurrency is still ongoing.  Because there will definitely be new Cryptocurrency projects.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 275
June 05, 2019, 10:30:54 PM
ICO will not be deleted. at this time ico himself is no longer interested in the community and will eventually stop. especially now there are so many more profitable new products such as IEO or STO.
Activity: 938
Merit: 14
Earn more with Earn Network
June 05, 2019, 08:41:49 PM
ICO will persist but will be limited in some few years to come. Lots of attentions have shifted from ICO because of the reported issues of scam and hacked exchange sites. Now, STOs and IEOs are the order of the day because they have got well structured proceedings.
Activity: 407
Merit: 100
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
June 05, 2019, 08:30:39 PM
Under current circumstances the ICOs are not going to survive for a long time. If the ICO promoters want to attract investment, then they should be able to provide solid assurances to their clients. And some basic steps such as quarterly audits, keeping most of the funds in escrow, conducting a KYC of the team members.etc can go a long way in this regard.
Most of them encourage investors to participate and that's what makes many projects easy to become scam projects. Now is not the time for you to trust the ICO project because it is not as safe as it used to be and you may lose a large sum of money if you participate in poor projects. I would personally advise you to choose a better solution and that is the IEO because it will assure investors of the time it is possible to trade at that exchange or if you participate in a good project you will earn very much profit
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
June 05, 2019, 07:56:59 PM
I know everything is are possible to be happen and has an end, but not on this generation. it is because there are still decent ico exist at the present time now. Those people who are saying it was just their speculation and opinion only. And besides as long as the project has a potential to give opportunity for the investors and bounty hunters it is considerable good I guess.
Yes. There are still good ICOs at the moment that are giving great opportunities to investors and bounty hunters to make profits but only few and the rest are considered scams. Once ICOs are not profitable already, then it will give more chances for some other good projects to replace ICOs from its position.
Investing in the ICO was a trend when BTC made its peak prices in the early 2018 and late 2017. Good projects also lost huge value after BTC loses value but it is not the same when BTC reached new high prices. Opportunities are not coming like that every day and I am afraid of those days are far away...
Activity: 2912
Merit: 613
Winding down.
June 05, 2019, 07:33:15 PM
I know everything is are possible to be happen and has an end, but not on this generation. it is because there are still decent ico exist at the present time now. Those people who are saying it was just their speculation and opinion only. And besides as long as the project has a potential to give opportunity for the investors and bounty hunters it is considerable good I guess.
Yes. There are still good ICOs at the moment that are giving great opportunities to investors and bounty hunters to make profits but only few and the rest are considered scams. Once ICOs are not profitable already, then it will give more chances for some other good projects to replace ICOs from its position.
Activity: 777
Merit: 251
June 05, 2019, 07:12:33 PM
Activity: 819
Merit: 251
June 05, 2019, 09:32:19 AM
I think it's over for ICO truly, hardly will you any ICO out there doing well. IEO controls the other of the day.
Well, we can't complete our words unless it already happened right. ICO is the most profitable investment way back in the year of 2017 because that is the year that bitcoin almost reaches the $20k all-time high but after that year ICO almost got lost and there are so many complaints about it. The value of bitcoin decreases and most of ICO's turned out to be a scam. Now that the value of bitcoin is rising maybe there is still a little chance for ICO to grow again.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
June 05, 2019, 09:26:04 AM
If the user himself does not need it, ico will not be there by itself without the need for deletion. because there is no more interest from the community. this is the result if they do a lot of cheating and cannot maintain trust. it will be like now where it is no longer interested
Activity: 913
Merit: 252
June 05, 2019, 09:19:04 AM
Under current circumstances the ICOs are not going to survive for a long time. If the ICO promoters want to attract investment, then they should be able to provide solid assurances to their clients. And some basic steps such as quarterly audits, keeping most of the funds in escrow, conducting a KYC of the team members.etc can go a long way in this regard.
Activity: 686
Merit: 11
June 05, 2019, 09:18:54 AM
I think it's over for ICO truly, hardly will you any ICO out there doing well. IEO controls the other of the day.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
June 05, 2019, 09:01:45 AM
I have been playing into some few ICO projects lately, and the reality is that I lost a lot of money due to the domination of the bear market and uncertainty of the projects going forward.

As the old saying goes, more than 90% of those projects are either scams, failed to reach soft cap, or not getting any traction in the next few months or so.

Maybe it’s because ICOs are not regulated and investors like me holds all of the risks.

Until now, there are still new ICOs emerging. However, there are also new ones such as STOs (security token offerings), IEOs (initial exchange offerings), and so on. It seems that both STOs and IEOs are already being considered the next big thing in raising crypto funds for starters.

With their ongoing emergence, are ICOs gonna be over soon? Are they gonna saturate and may phase out due to projects turning to STOs and IEOs?

I wanna know about your thoughts regarding this one, and I would greatly appreciate it whether if you agree or not with my opinion. Thank you in advance.

For me , it should be abolished since we have no any regulations for that coin sale of Initial Coin Offering  and a lot of scam project  ,  unlike with STO and IEO which is manage by exchange during coin sale and should follow on their rules , perhaps this will control scamming .
Activity: 407
Merit: 100
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
June 05, 2019, 08:03:18 AM
I do not think that the ICO will disappear somewhere, even now and a new hype IEO, but as far as I know the ICO project comes out more profitable and cheaper , it's good for us when we know that the project goes to the IEO with the subsequent listing, and for the project it is a huge cost to conduct it.
ICO can still continue to exist if all projects are present at this time can return money to investors then everyone's confidence will return better. In fact, after the process of calling capital, the development team is often silent and do not give any new updates that make the community very worried so it is easy for the scam . I think the IEO is still a good choice for everyone and should not risk taking part in ICO projects
Activity: 546
Merit: 17
June 05, 2019, 08:01:54 AM
It could be that the ICO Era has ended and maybe later it will be replaced by the IEO or STO, because ICO quality is low and often harms investors
copper member
Activity: 308
June 05, 2019, 07:53:36 AM
Henceforth it will not be business as usual as a particular ICO should have to prove beyond every reasonable doubt about its veracity, It is no longer that easy when any ICO no matter how awful still is able to raise some amount of funds a lot of people are wary and IEO's have provided a better alternative and may find ICO's increasingly becoming unpopular
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
June 05, 2019, 07:12:23 AM
I don't think ICO will be phasing out soon, why? Because even there's a lot of ICO's now that is involved into a scam not every project part of the ICO was a scam already. So  ICO will never gonna be phased out. Its just a matter of fact choosing the rigjt ICO for your investment. Because there are still many good ICO like the dencoin that attract investor's attention to invest from them. It just that it was really depends on the investor which to join a project. Moreover, the project is really good. And for ICO scams, of course many people have avoided it because of the news that all of it was scammed but the truth is not all of the project was like that. You can still get benefited by being part of ICO's in the cryptomarket.
Activity: 41
Merit: 10
Long is the road
June 05, 2019, 06:45:38 AM
I believe ICO it will fade off, problem is that to get listed in an exchange to run an IEO is expensive and projects still rely on a presale or private sale to get enough funds to pay the exchange fees and still have some money to run a marketing campaign. So, even though ICO will be gone, presale or PreICO will still be here, and of course it represents more risk than the IEO it will provide better reveneue since prices should be attractive for the investors.
Pages:
Jump to: