Pages:
Author

Topic: Are ICOs gonna phase out very soon? - page 16. (Read 5375 times)

Activity: 623
Merit: 11
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
May 30, 2019, 05:17:46 PM
I have been playing into some few ICO projects lately, and the reality is that I lost a lot of money due to the domination of the bear market and uncertainty of the projects going forward.

As the old saying goes, more than 90% of those projects are either scams, failed to reach soft cap, or not getting any traction in the next few months or so.

Maybe it’s because ICOs are not regulated and investors like me holds all of the risks.

Until now, there are still new ICOs emerging. However, there are also new ones such as STOs (security token offerings), IEOs (initial exchange offerings), and so on. It seems that both STOs and IEOs are already being considered the next big thing in raising crypto funds for starters.

With their ongoing emergence, are ICOs gonna be over soon? Are they gonna saturate and may phase out due to projects turning to STOs and IEOs?

I wanna know about your thoughts regarding this one, and I would greatly appreciate it whether if you agree or not with my opinion. Thank you in advance.

I follow the emergence of new projects in the hope of seeing the project-bomb, which can bring huge profits. However, recently promising projects have ceased to appear. There are projects on top exchanges, where fame brings the exchange and not the project, but investing in such projects is not interesting and risky.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
May 30, 2019, 05:06:45 PM
Maybe some ICO will still be on future, but they should focus to do IEO because most of investors will buy invest on IEOs and not on ICOs which scam a lot of people on past.
Activity: 962
Merit: 269
CryptoDirectories.com
May 30, 2019, 05:04:45 PM
I have been playing into some few ICO projects lately, and the reality is that I lost a lot of money due to the domination of the bear market and uncertainty of the projects going forward.

As the old saying goes, more than 90% of those projects are either scams, failed to reach soft cap, or not getting any traction in the next few months or so.

Maybe it’s because ICOs are not regulated and investors like me holds all of the risks.

Until now, there are still new ICOs emerging. However, there are also new ones such as STOs (security token offerings), IEOs (initial exchange offerings), and so on. It seems that both STOs and IEOs are already being considered the next big thing in raising crypto funds for starters.

With their ongoing emergence, are ICOs gonna be over soon? Are they gonna saturate and may phase out due to projects turning to STOs and IEOs?

I wanna know about your thoughts regarding this one, and I would greatly appreciate it whether if you agree or not with my opinion. Thank you in advance.
its not imposible that ICO will still exist in future
but i think investor will pick IEO or STO because the risk is lower than ICO
Activity: 1008
Merit: 12
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
May 30, 2019, 04:57:01 PM
I do not think that icos will be wiped out completely due to simple reason that exchanges cannot cater to all fundraising projects only a limited amount of projects get filtered and accepted as ieos while dozens of other projects still need to raise funds so i think icos will remain there in a parallel way but yes interest in them may decrease due to new trend of ieos.
Activity: 938
Merit: 13
AMEPAY
May 30, 2019, 04:44:15 PM
I think yes and i agree with the view that icos will be taken over by IEOs and STOs because both these types of fund raising have some kind of third party involvement that raises the investor trust level and the exchange or local authority act as a registrar and regulator and this trust factor will prove to be the game changer and next trend after so many scam and failed icos.
Activity: 868
Merit: 116
May 30, 2019, 04:29:55 PM
Well I am only thinking that ICOs will go out gradually because of this IEO phase, but anyway they call it, it still remain coin offering, the difference is that they change the method.
Activity: 770
Merit: 100
May 30, 2019, 04:29:25 PM
I hope the ICO project will never be deleted, because Ico is one of the means to advance the world of cryptocurrency. in my opinion we only need to tighten regulations in the ICO program, this aims to safeguard the security of prospective investors and the sustainability of a project.
Activity: 822
Merit: 100
May 30, 2019, 04:18:25 PM
While i observe the approach in which is deployed to raise fund for starters, it is obvious ico has fade out already. Nobody is talking about ieo for fund raising for starters anymore 90% of starters are making use of ieo currently.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
May 30, 2019, 03:26:29 PM
I think ICO's are less popular because of IEO's and ICO's are to risky compared to IEO's. We've seen ICO's before and seems legit at first and fucked the investors afterwards. IEO's are less risky and knowing some reputable exchanges did their due diligence to support the project.
Activity: 573
Merit: 11
May 30, 2019, 02:57:49 PM
Its obvious that nearly all blockchain start ups are adopting the newest means of raising fund know as IEO. In my own opinion, there is no clear cut difference between ICO and IEO because both are means of raising fund. The only difference in the two methods is just that people tend to trust IEO than ICO recently.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
Glad to see you
May 30, 2019, 02:47:50 PM
Everyone has known for a long time that ICO has damaged its reputation because of fraudsters.  Because of this, many investors do not want to invest money in them.  But no one says that good projects remain.
Activity: 402
Merit: 101
May 30, 2019, 02:47:25 PM
maybe yes, ico era already ended and for now are replaced by IEO, IEO is one ways for protecting investor money from fraud and scamming them, because exchanger are escrowed the fund from the IEO
Activity: 1190
Merit: 253
May 30, 2019, 02:44:14 PM
Everything is possible especially now that most of the investors have less confidence on supporting ICOs and they are now emerging another options like STOs and IEOs. Well, as for me the only constant thing in this world is CHANGE so if they are better than ICO then so be it. We are just here to support good projects.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
May 30, 2019, 02:17:11 PM

Pages:
Jump to: