Pages:
Author

Topic: are ICOs really dead? - page 17. (Read 108008 times)

copper member
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
April 27, 2019, 09:32:58 PM
I think their are still good ICO's that has great potential like TOP Network and Oath they are one of the top ICO's of today Smiley
Activity: 1428
Merit: 250
April 27, 2019, 09:27:08 PM
Before joining with any ico projects need clean research about this project, need needed knowledge about this project it's probably where can will going! at present many of ico probably 90% are goes to scam ico! ico developers are failed to survive or they are coming for scam and bagging money from innocent investors! before invest over any ico need more research about their market policy marketing systems and their commitment their exchange policy of new coin.
copper member
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
April 25, 2019, 05:52:54 AM
Most ICOs have not been fulfilling their promises lately, based on the roadmap.  However, there are still noteworthy projects in which it is still worth investing both your time and money.
Activity: 560
Merit: 10
April 25, 2019, 05:52:02 AM
Icos is not actually dead since there are so many interesting and unique icos out there but yes, there are so many shits ico also
copper member
Activity: 96
April 25, 2019, 05:29:57 AM
Most ICOs seems dead because there are only few ICOs that are worth investing into because their projects offers something big and interesting that attracts many investors.
Activity: 952
Merit: 110
April 25, 2019, 04:28:34 AM
I am a cryptocurrency investors and I've given up on ICO projects because of the problem of scams and since better way is out (IEO)  I have no reason to find good ICO to invest in anymore
Activity: 1204
Merit: 500
April 25, 2019, 04:26:56 AM
Not every ICO on the market is garbage, but there are a lot of fraud projects as well. Just make a good research by yourself without looking at rating websites and so on. Read the whitepaper and check the MVP before investing.

Not all but most of them are, that's the reality the reason they are losing investors is because of the high risk.
Also the market has still not fully recovered so investors would still doubt to invest, only FOMO might light up a demand in ICO but like
before it should be started with bitcoin bull run, right now, it has not matured yet, we need more run to see it's fully a bull run.
well, maybe you're right, because nowadays people are thinking of making an IEO compared to ICO. well, but anyway, the ICO hasn't completely died. there are still quite a lot of ICOs that have the potential if we look carefully.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
April 25, 2019, 04:21:22 AM
Not every ICO on the market is garbage, but there are a lot of fraud projects as well. Just make a good research by yourself without looking at rating websites and so on. Read the whitepaper and check the MVP before investing.

Not all but most of them are, that's the reality the reason they are losing investors is because of the high risk.
Also the market has still not fully recovered so investors would still doubt to invest, only FOMO might light up a demand in ICO but like
before it should be started with bitcoin bull run, right now, it has not matured yet, we need more run to see it's fully a bull run.
copper member
Activity: 190
April 25, 2019, 04:17:45 AM
Activity: 276
April 25, 2019, 02:57:34 AM
ICOs are not bad itself. But the actors that launch ICOs for their project are bad and have evil intention. Not all projects are scammers and have bad intentions. There are also some  good projects in the market. But the fact that many people have been scammed in the name of ICOs. Now the new trend of STO is being introduced in the market in the place of ICO. STO has brought many promises like investment security so as to attract more investors.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
www.bitcoin.org
April 25, 2019, 02:20:21 AM
It does not die but the number has decreased significantly, 2019 is the year of the IEO !!!
Looks like the situation is true. Many ICOs got cancelled for collecting less funds and some ICOs are still waiting for the market to bump up. Moreover investors are also losing interest in ICOs if it's a regular one. Hyped ICOs still work like BitTorrent etc.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 251
April 25, 2019, 02:07:15 AM
maybe not like that, unstable conditions have caused many projects to fail and not be successful. but after many successful projects in the IEO, maybe that's the newest way that developers will do to make their projects successful
Activity: 742
Merit: 21
Be the reason someone smiles today
April 25, 2019, 01:28:36 AM
Definitely not. Even if scam ICOs increased a lot since 2017, this doesn't mean that all ICOs are the same or we cannot find good and legit ICOs.

Activity: 216
April 25, 2019, 01:22:22 AM
It does not die but the number has decreased significantly, 2019 is the year of the IEO !!!
copper member
Activity: 196
April 24, 2019, 11:59:47 PM
yes, i invested on ICO's and lost all money as like you Grin. just move on and invest on good projects.

I just want to add up some things up here. Honestly, even investing only by your time and effort on an ICO is just waste. Doing bounties and work is not efficient at all. Project managers will just going to sales talk you and not even pay. There's so many reason out there and maybe you should take a look at that.
Activity: 282
Merit: 100
April 24, 2019, 10:34:01 PM
actually not dead, we still see ICO running for several projects. because indeed this is the sales method that is mostly done by new projects to get investors. but unfortunately now the condition is that not many investors believe in the ICO.
Activity: 406
April 24, 2019, 10:30:46 PM
I don't think so. In fact i don't think it will die anytime soon or ever. ICOs is important for the survival of crypto in general. It is where future crypto are born and who knows, the next bitcoin might come from ICO. Its true that nowadays, ICOs are not doing great compared to the previous years. Most of them, in fact, are almost worthless. But still, they are still there waiting for the market to recovers. Market recovery will help the ICO to survived.
Activity: 910
Merit: 100
April 24, 2019, 10:03:45 PM
Scammers killed ICOs. Even legit ICO cannot get funded nowadays because investors are already too afraid to invest. Scammers are too intelligent that they can make a scam ICO look legit. For investors, it is harder to find an ICO that will not run away with their money after the ICO concluded. ICO had a run in 2017 but now it is mostly dead.
the ICO situation is currently not good because there are many scammers who make ICO that look legitimate and deceive many people. as you say "now investors are too afraid to invest" and i'm afraid ICO will really die. many investors are running towards the IEO because currently the IEO is more profitable. i hope this IEO doesn't kill the ICO.
Activity: 700
Merit: 11
send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c
April 24, 2019, 09:52:05 PM
Scammers killed ICOs. Even legit ICO cannot get funded nowadays because investors are already too afraid to invest. Scammers are too intelligent that they can make a scam ICO look legit. For investors, it is harder to find an ICO that will not run away with their money after the ICO concluded. ICO had a run in 2017 but now it is mostly dead.
right, it looks like ICO will really lose its place in crypto and now many investors are interested in walking towards the IEO because it is more profitable and of course their money will also be safe.

it is unfortunate that the ICO will end, i hope that the scam project that will be lost from the cypto space and the legitimate ICO project will grow even more.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069
April 24, 2019, 09:22:16 PM
Pages:
Jump to: