Pages:
Author

Topic: are ICOs really dead? - page 40. (Read 108041 times)

Activity: 720
Merit: 103
February 07, 2019, 03:48:40 PM
After participating in several ICO project, which turned out to be scam projects. My hard earned money disappeared in to thin air, with no way to trace or recover my money back. I had to act like it never happened to get it off my mind and move on.

Are ICOs really dead and do you still invest in ICO projects?
No, of course the projects aren't dead yet.At the moment I stopped investing.Last year, there were a lot of investments-now we are waiting for the result.And the fact that you have not properly invested, you should not be upset, just extract a lesson from this.
Activity: 1056
Merit: 251
February 07, 2019, 03:43:14 PM
I agree that there is a decline now and the popularity of cryptocurrency is suspended. But it is temporary. Volatility and instability is sometimes useful and necessary! I think that will change soon
All market participants need more positives and believe in the growth of the cryptocurrency market. Soon the market will be restored and we will see a new branch of the cryptocurrency sphere.
Activity: 994
Merit: 250
February 07, 2019, 08:34:51 AM
I agree that there is a decline now and the popularity of cryptocurrency is suspended. But it is temporary. Volatility and instability is sometimes useful and necessary! I think that will change soon
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
February 07, 2019, 08:25:11 AM
After participating in several ICO project, which turned out to be scam projects. My hard earned money disappeared in to thin air, with no way to trace or recover my money back. I had to act like it never happened to get it off my mind and move on.

That's right, now most of the ICO projects are fraudulent and investing your money there you will lose them.
And among the remaining honest ICOs, few people are able to collect the necessary amount of investment due to falling prices in the crypto market.
Activity: 714
Merit: 10
Living is easy with eyes closed ...
February 07, 2019, 07:50:07 AM
The success of BitTorrent suggests that ICOs can be very profitable, despite the negative situation around these projects. You just have to carefully select the project and study it thoroughly in order to avoid buying tokens of the next scam project.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
February 06, 2019, 07:52:06 PM

Yes they are all dead. It is now very pointless participating in anyone. The project will not be able to reach even softcap and the next thing you will hear is that they are discontinuing the token  sales and the project.
Activity: 504
February 06, 2019, 07:48:10 PM
over the past year, a lot of projects have died due to the protracted fall.crypto currency, but still there are projects that continue to work and make a profit, there are very few such companies, but still they are and I believe that in the future there will be only the strongest and this is very good for all of us.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
February 06, 2019, 07:35:26 PM
There is no way Icos are really dead but the truth is a lot of people are smarter and wiser about how they invest their money and refused to just give projects that money without tangible evidence of something concrete in development or something good as in return for their investment.
so now a lot more is being asked of projects that are hoping to use the crowd funding platform of the ico to fund their project development.
There has to be working product which has to be usable and viable especially to the normal everyday user and not just a project that is full of  technical talks and no real value.
Activity: 364
February 06, 2019, 07:28:31 PM
At the moment, investment in ICO projects is very dangerous. But I think that this industry will begin to recover at a time when the cryptocurrency market goes up.
Activity: 336
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
February 06, 2019, 06:12:12 PM

Now it is almost impossible to find a high-quality ICO. Therefore, I am not in a hurry with choosing a project for investment. I have to study dozens of projects every week, and if I have even the slightest doubt about the profitability of a project, I don’t invest in it. It helps me save money.
Activity: 476
Merit: 262
EOSABC
February 05, 2019, 05:16:13 PM
I don't think that icos are really dead. Yeah in last few months we saw many icos with big names but they exit scam. And some of them just failed at development stage. But that don't mean that all icos are bad or the whole ICO ecosystem is dead. There are lots of people in this system they really want to present a great project and there is many icos which give profit in this bear market. Recently we saw BitTorrent which is a massive success.  Maybe now a days there are many icos which is scam but there are few which is great. It's upto you you have to pick the right one.
Activity: 252
February 05, 2019, 04:17:15 PM
I think it is depending on the market conditions. ICOs market is facing pretty difficult times and it won't get better until the crypto market is going to recover. As soon as this happens, there would be a lot of new projects that would collect their hard caps.
Activity: 777
Merit: 251
February 05, 2019, 01:24:15 PM

ICO as of the moment is not dead, and its not gonna be happen at this generation, due to where only actually starting to revolutionize the ico trending in all aspect in social media. Although, I cannot deny that 2018 lot of ico turned into scam. Where most of the community and bounty hunters got scammed by these scam ico. But still there is a legit ico here just be careful in choosing it.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
First Islamic Crypto Exchange
February 05, 2019, 12:49:18 PM
At the moment, while the market is in decline, no one is investing much
Activity: 336
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
February 05, 2019, 12:24:45 PM

All the last times that I have invested in ICO have brought me a negative experience. I was lucky not to fall for scammers, but the price of purchased tokens has dropped several times and it is not known when they will be able to grow. Therefore, I do not dare to invest more in new projects.
Activity: 966
Merit: 254
February 05, 2019, 12:16:18 PM

If ICOs are dead, why do you wear a signature with ICO advertisement? Why do you promote ICO which is dead?
So, you see, ICOs are not dead, but there is not suchy hype like years before, but that is normal. Now it is a time only for good projects to be launched.
Activity: 686
February 05, 2019, 12:12:14 PM
No, ICOs are not dead, just passing the worst time. In this bear condition of the cryptocurrency market, ICO market made more than 150M USD in January, this is not a stale matter! When every crypto coin, supporters, investors are passing a hard time, so this is normal for ICOs too!

Market conditions do have an impact on the ICO, so it is not surprising that ICO seems dead, but actually ICO is still in demand by many people, but now investors are not reckless in investing.
they only invest in ICO that they really trust.
Activity: 434
February 05, 2019, 12:09:29 PM
I don't think so. The ICOs is still alive, but in the sideways market , most ICO is hard to get fund.
Only the really good ico will get fund in their sale.
Activity: 443
https://streamies.io/
February 05, 2019, 12:06:45 PM
Actually, ICOs are not dead at all but there are just many fail ICOs these days and many scam ICOs are arising. Maybe that's the reason why people have been thinking that ICO era is already dead.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 646
February 05, 2019, 12:03:01 PM
Well, there are still ICO investment opportunities that pay off. If you managed to invest in the Bittorrent ICO on Binance you can be happy now. The price of the BTT tokens are already up 600% from the ICO price (https://www.coindesk.com/bittorrent-token-is-already-nearly-6-times-its-ico-price). However, I still don't know what exactly the purpose of this token is.
Pages:
Jump to: