Pages:
Author

Topic: are ICOs really dead? - page 47. (Read 108038 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 101
January 28, 2019, 10:15:11 AM
I think that if the situation continues further, many investors will simply leave the market, this is a situation that expects us all. Maybe this is created artificially, because it makes sense to drive out private small investors and invite big investors.
Activity: 553
Merit: 11
January 24, 2019, 12:47:38 AM
No, ico is still there and isn't completely dead, indeed, lately there are a lot of ico scams, but that's not all, there are still good and clear ico, and when you are going to invest in ico it is better to learn in detail and ask questions who are more experienced beforehand so that in the future will not get lost
Activity: 364
Merit: 3
GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
January 24, 2019, 12:18:22 AM
Not at all ICOs are dead perhaps there are few ICOs are dead because they are scam ICOs, most of the ICOs are not reaching there soft cap so that they will extend there project a couple of months so that they will reach there softcap and they will get listing in different exchanges.
That is true ,not all ICOs are dead ,but there are also ICOs that are still surviving, especially that they are also part of the effect of market falldown, I also think that ICO still launching and introducing new ICOs because ,but investors now are trully observing the kind of ICO being offer.
Activity: 784
Merit: 112
January 23, 2019, 11:43:50 PM
Not at all ICOs are dead perhaps there are few ICOs are dead because they are scam ICOs, most of the ICOs are not reaching there soft cap so that they will extend there project a couple of months so that they will reach there softcap and they will get listing in different exchanges.
Activity: 247
Merit: 40
January 23, 2019, 11:40:47 PM
After participating in several ICO project, which turned out to be scam projects. My hard earned money disappeared in to thin air, with no way to trace or recover my money back. I had to act like it never happened to get it off my mind and move on.

Are ICOs really dead and do you still invest in ICO projects?

To answer your question, We at CoinGecko.com agree that ICO are pretty much next to dead. We still get the occasional ICO listings now and then, but it's nothing compared to the sheer volume of ICOs in Q1/Q2 2018.

Also, here's a prediction in regards to existing ICOs from Bobby Ong - Co-founder of CoinGecko. https://twitter.com/bobbyong/status/1085382035525513218
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 2100
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
January 23, 2019, 11:38:26 PM
Most of the ICOs are lacking of fund raising because inveators do not prefer to invest in ICO. most icos are scam nowadays and investors have lost their interest. So, icos are not getting enough fund and that is why I think ICO are dead. And now STO will be there to dominate the fund raising market with a contract of not losing money of the investors.
copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM
January 23, 2019, 11:35:06 PM
After participating in several ICO project, which turned out to be scam projects. My hard earned money disappeared in to thin air, with no way to trace or recover my money back. I had to act like it never happened to get it off my mind and move on.

STO or security tokens somehow play now in the market, ICOS have decreased reputation, and investors in some sense, lower their trust to initial coin offerings, well, it is not the end, we just need to revitalize the hype of the benefits of ICO in the development of our economic world, and to let us gain profit together.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
January 23, 2019, 11:14:30 PM
At present most ICO projects fail to sell because of the reduced interest of Investors to buy their Tokens, because Investors see a bad market situation, so they are reluctant to invest in ICO in the current situation, and also increase fraud at ICO, so ICO projects are really like die.

thats a fact . with that , we can safely say that ico's and related activities are already dead  . what we currently see right now is not a real a ico because they are only a replica to victimize their prey .

despite of being dead ,  all of us are hopping for its revival and that can possibly come along with the recovery of the crypto market. so you guys   Better watch out ,
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
January 23, 2019, 11:10:43 PM
I don't think that ICO is ended already, since there are still new ICO popping up in the market, seems like it 's not given up to the current condition. That what makes me believe that ICO is still available in crypto world.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway
January 23, 2019, 10:31:39 PM

No, but if the scammers and fraudulent people still continues to scam people, I guess we will going to lose all of our support and trust to ICO. No more investment, no more profit. That's quite scary.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 300
January 23, 2019, 10:30:55 PM
Not all ico is dead, there are also ICO that is become successful and some other ICO is extended because of the market condition. So I believe that we need to select the best ico, because I see that there are so many good ivo that fall into a great dcam at the end and we can suffer of losing our asset on it, that is why we need to select the best cop seriously to avoid losing.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 267
January 23, 2019, 10:20:37 PM
No, its not dead yet. ICO just got less interest from investors because of many scam projects plus the bitcoin and major crypto price drop. ICO will gain investors back after people start believing that crypto is not that bad, crypto has future.
Activity: 598
Merit: 10
January 23, 2019, 09:48:49 PM
At present most ICO projects fail to sell because of the reduced interest of Investors to buy their Tokens, because Investors see a bad market situation, so they are reluctant to invest in ICO in the current situation, and also increase fraud at ICO, so ICO projects are really like die.
Activity: 171
January 23, 2019, 09:40:24 PM
I see that some ICOs are dead because they cannot compete in the crypto listing. Well, the ICO may be dead if they have no unique or interesting concept, therefore, the investors will not be interested in that ICO. Additionally, it will really depend on the team that manage and control the ICO and also promote it. However, if they are still OK and works well, I'm sure that ICO will not dead easily.
Activity: 425
Merit: 10
January 23, 2019, 07:52:32 PM
The problem of ICOs nowadays is that they are making a hard time to reach the cap. Investors look like they are moving away from ICOs these days. It may either be due to avoid scammers or losses knowing that most ICOs had failed eventually. But, ICOs are not dead. The list is only been trimmed down to few, which is better.
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
January 23, 2019, 07:51:25 PM
For now I see how the ICO cannot develop and always fails and with that makes the ICO will automatically die. But of the many ICOs who died, of course there are still ICOs that are still good and can be trusted. Because a good project will always be strong in ICO competition.
Activity: 594
Merit: 250
January 23, 2019, 07:48:06 PM
ICOs are not dead. They are just affected by the bearish market. How could ICOs be successful if even the top coins are going down. The bearish period is just more than one year already. Let's wait for the bullish market to come to see how ICOs will fair in the market.
Activity: 826
Merit: 11
January 23, 2019, 07:42:23 PM

Nowadays there are quite a slim chance to earn and gain from icos but of course there are still legit and good projects out there its just that you still have to dig deeper to find that treasure in this world of crypto. As for me I just do trading and scalping for now and I stop joining ico for awhile.
Activity: 182
ONe Social Network
January 23, 2019, 07:38:59 PM
I would not say that. on some projects now you can still make good money
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
January 23, 2019, 07:37:48 PM
Not yet because scammer are industrious to create more ICO to scam people.
Many newbies are still fall on this trap, ICO is not dead but its not profitable anymore because of this scam projects. Stop investing on ICO for now and wait for them to recover. If you don’t want to lose money then its good if you stay away from those ICO.
Pages:
Jump to: