Pages:
Author

Topic: are ICOs really dead? - page 48. (Read 108038 times)

Activity: 470
Merit: 12
January 23, 2019, 07:35:18 PM
Well, it is not fun and games to find a proper project during these days. People are not willing to throw their money to someone who promises an instant profit- which is not bad actually, it seems like people who had never invested in their life are quickly realizing how easily they can be scammed and how difficult it is to make a profit. This will eventually clear out the waters on the both sides of the spectrum: projects will have to spend more time, resources and work than just publishing a single paper which could mean nothing at the end of the day. In addition, look at how many companies have finished the crowdfunding since September 2017, for example. There are many of them and all of them will not survive, that is a fact. Coming up with a new idea requires strong imagination and a proper realization as well: even experineced people in the industry fail sometimes. The supply is going to stay here for as long as there will be a demand. ICOs will not die in several days, months or years- unless there will be a better way of crowdfunding, of course  Wink.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 158
January 23, 2019, 07:25:27 PM
the past year was really hard for so many projects. though there are still legit projects but you can count them with your hands. and the truth is, even if there are legit ones, it is better to buy them in exchanges if ever they reach that point, because the price is very very cheap as compared to their ICO price. really rare that you can find a good one that will rise its value upon hitting in an exchange.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
January 23, 2019, 07:21:59 PM
As you can see, startups in the cryptocurrency market at the moment do not bring a penny and I think that this will continue in the future
Activity: 630
Merit: 10
rocket.hashbon.com
January 23, 2019, 07:17:04 PM
Reading this always makes me think that many people are still afraid with the crypto world condition. Well, so far, the ICO seems to be dead, it is always decreasing and collapsing after being listed on exchange. however, it doesn't mean that the ICO is dead. They can still have the higher price at the next moment, when the market crypto is going better.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
January 23, 2019, 07:14:14 PM
I believe its not, because ICO right now in year 2019 is still operational, and it still will be going till this year onwards, but I can say that it is the end, on those ICO that has a useless concept and can be declared scam projects.
Most ico of course work but the fees are very small at the moment , but that ICO died, I also do not think, I think with the new arrival of the bull market the market will also return
After reaching to BTC bull market we can see recovery signs on altcoins. ICOs are no more priority for investors under these market conditions. Investor confidence index is living its worst days.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 523
January 23, 2019, 07:11:07 PM
Not yet because scammer are industrious to create more ICO to scam people. I think better to change the title scammer already dead because for me ICO is good if the scammer die or gone because the ICO is prone of scammer.  Let's start ICO again with good and nice team and legit.
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
January 23, 2019, 07:10:37 PM
I see this year's ICO growing, and investor confidence back. the signs are that more ICOs are quality and offer real products.
some big projects like rockz and many more. we have a glorious future.
Activity: 406
January 23, 2019, 06:51:21 PM
I believe its not, because ICO right now in year 2019 is still operational, and it still will be going till this year onwards, but I can say that it is the end, on those ICO that has a useless concept and can be declared scam projects.
Most ico of course work but the fees are very small at the moment , but that ICO died, I also do not think, I think with the new arrival of the bull market the market will also return
Activity: 434
Merit: 11
January 23, 2019, 06:48:14 PM
Most ICOs are dead and were killes during the bear market. It is undeniable that participating to an ICOZ gives bonuses and get them at a discounted price but if you are familiar with pump and dump, this is most likely similar to a project after getting listed to an exchange. For me, it looks like the price were pump during ICO and getting dumped right away after getting listed. If I were you, invest to an altcoin that is already listed and have strong reputation which is part of top 100 in coinmarketcap.
Activity: 742
Merit: 144
January 23, 2019, 06:47:05 PM
After participating in several ICO project, which turned out to be scam projects. My hard earned money disappeared in to thin air, with no way to trace or recover my money back. I had to act like it never happened to get it off my mind and move on.

Are ICOs really dead and do you still invest in ICO projects?
Feel bad for you, maybe this thing shouldn’t happen if you study enough the ICO. Well, I can’t ICO is dead already since the market dumps but maybe it is also on a trouble especially with the trust issues. Its good that you forget about that and start to trust the market again, you can trade and hold which ever is ok for yuou, than to invest on ICO.
Activity: 420
January 23, 2019, 06:43:38 PM
Activity: 546
January 23, 2019, 06:40:35 PM
A lot of ICOs in the last year's have turned into what I'd call bad investment. Many of these have abruptly refused to release the tokens of investors citing the bear market, their claim is when the mark recovers they will release the tokens. What most of them have succeeded in is to scare investors away and other ICOs are now struggling.
Activity: 401
Merit: 100
January 23, 2019, 06:33:46 PM
I don't think they are. It's just that you had chosen a project that people were not very interested in. But on the other hand, it's also true that there is no 100% way of saying whether a particular ICO will become successful. Even if the project looks so promising or the respected teams involve were popularly known in their respective field. Investing in cryptocurrency as we all know were very much risky that there was really no way of knowing the possible outcome. When we do invest, "hope" was the only thing left for us to hold on.
I'm so sorry for what you've experienced OP. But don't be fully disheartened. Maybe next time will be a fruitful one. And invest only what you can afford to lose.
Activity: 518
Merit: 102
January 23, 2019, 06:31:39 PM
Really good projects will be able to overcome this unfavorable period in the market. Let it take more time, but if the product is in demand, he will be able to overcome all the obstacles in his path.
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
January 23, 2019, 05:48:39 PM
ICOs are dead because of dead prices and i do not believe to recovery anymore. This year is not special. Some technical analysis methods don't work in young crypto markets.
no ico doesn't die, only ico is bad and weak who dies. surely there are still ico who survive and are good because they have a team with strong potential. yes indeed even though we have carried out the analysis, we can still be deceived, because it all depends on our luck.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
January 23, 2019, 05:47:47 PM
With so many scam ICO it's normal they aren't doing good and people are more careful. ICOs should first offer some type of a byproduct a beta version of a sort instead of asking money for nothing. It's not only the problem of ICOs. Many projects on gofundme are scams as well and this is the same thing. They are making you feel like they're innovators who will make you money and then something goes wrong and they're gone.
Activity: 336
January 23, 2019, 05:37:10 PM
ICO are not dead, but at the moment they can not raise enough funds, so they are stretched for a very long time.
legendary
Activity: 1006
Merit: 1000
SafeHaven.Finance
January 23, 2019, 05:15:04 PM
ICOs are dead because of dead prices and i do not believe to recovery anymore. This year is not special. Some technical analysis methods don't work in young crypto markets.
Activity: 370
January 23, 2019, 05:07:24 PM
Kind of as investors have lost hope in this bear market. ICOs don't tend to do well again some never gets listed I know like 3 projects that got the hype during their ICO it's almost a year now one is 361 days today since ico not on exchange yet. Imagine if an investors had his whole stakes on such project.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 256
January 23, 2019, 04:58:19 PM
ICOs are not dear par say but at same time they are dying slowly. For instance, if you look back to 2017 ICO boom and compare it to what we had last year and till now, you'll notice a heavy decline both in participants and money raised. Most of the few ones around now are just scam. People now prefer to buy the Tokens after listed on exchanges and dump off at any pump.
Pages:
Jump to: