Pages:
Author

Topic: are ICOs really dead? - page 50. (Read 108038 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1
January 23, 2019, 01:19:14 PM
I have not invested in ICO for half a year, because I do not see the point. I lost more money than I earned. Therefore, I was disappointed in the ICO.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 100
Vave.com
January 23, 2019, 12:31:53 PM
as more of market of crypto finance business to involves of indonesian pupils with the field of arbitrage,
the forum on finance to gains of chance with the higher liquidity as developer might work on dependence as targeting the less on border as offering service of goods and tangibles
that more to spread of more on words with the business as gaining of attention from youth investors to work on customs as extending shift on expectation on business ideals and rejecting disposals of worst on risks with the challenge on excluding threat on distraction as attains of youth within the field of gathering on joint attendance with the daily casuals of entrance on public audiences.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
January 23, 2019, 12:15:21 PM
It seems to me that the time will come and people will all the same give up the ICO that we use today. There are more advanced processes that look generally the same as the ICO but with some changes.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
January 23, 2019, 12:12:51 PM
After participating in several ICO project, which turned out to be scam projects. My hard earned money disappeared in to thin air, with no way to trace or recover my money back. I had to act like it never happened to get it off my mind and move on.

Are ICOs really dead and do you still invest in ICO projects?
ICO is not dead! Actually there was an interesting article regarding these issue and the statistics is claiming that those ICO's that ending on January 2019 has raised a massive $160 Million dollars of funds with this data how could they say that ICO's are dead?! visit this link for more information https://cointelegraph.com/news/icos-raised-160-million-in-first-half-of-january-report-says
Activity: 938
Merit: 266
January 23, 2019, 12:07:13 PM
many ICO's, specially those in 2017/18 ones, are either not active anymore or dead already.  plenty of these were created to scam people's money, while some of them have good intention to build the project but just couldn't find enough support.  you can't do anything about these anymore but serve this as a hard lesson to learn.  next time, don't participate in ICO that you don't fully know.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
January 23, 2019, 12:01:31 PM
I still have hope that things will turn better, because two years ago, investing in an ICO was really profitable and if you had luck you could have gained more than 1000 percent profit from one project. Wish these times would repeat.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
January 23, 2019, 11:56:57 AM
After participating in several ICO project, which turned out to be scam projects. My hard earned money disappeared in to thin air, with no way to trace or recover my money back. I had to act like it never happened to get it off my mind and move on.

I sympathize with you that you have lost money by investing in ICO, but now it’s really not the right time to invest in projects, since it is not profitable, and many projects do not want to conduct an ICO in such market conditions.
Activity: 256
Merit: 1
January 23, 2019, 11:51:27 AM
every business must have a profit and a loss, so we must be able to choose a good ico, not only think profitably but the project must be learned is it really good or just making ico, because the success of a business is the project itself, this year there are many ico failed because the project that runs seems like a lot of the same
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
January 23, 2019, 11:50:27 AM
While the harsh reality is that many ICOs have turned into scam in the last 15 months, there have also been a few successful ICOs which raised enough money to start their project.
All the scams in the ICO market has created a negative reputation towards ICOs which is why most people don't invest in ICOs. This leads to the ICO not raising enough funds.
Hence this goes in a cycle. The best way to tackle this situation is to find out a truly potential ICO and research about it a lot and then wait for it to get listed on an exchange.
Most of the times the token never gets listed on an exchange and hence this leads to a scam. So, get the token listed on an exchange and then buy it after the price is dumped.
This is the safest to invest in tokens, at least for now.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
January 23, 2019, 11:26:43 AM
There were times when there were a lot of great ICO projects with great bounty campaigns, now everywhere you look there are scams.But i still hope that once the market will rise again there will be more better projects out there to check out.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
January 23, 2019, 11:25:56 AM
to be said to die entirely, not yet. because ico is still running and there are also some investors who support it. but to die temporarily for profit, right now it's dead. but if the crypto market rises, chances are that ico will also go up.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
January 23, 2019, 11:22:58 AM
Yeah, most of them die, but there are some who can be relied on. Can you imagine when the price of bitcoin decreases from the price of $ 20,000 to the price of $ 3600 then what will happen to the ICO project? Some of them do not meet the specified target so as only adds to the list of failed projects. I think investment at ICO is now the biggest risk if taken, you can invest in coins that are already in the market or invest in gambling places.
Activity: 910
Merit: 12
January 23, 2019, 11:22:10 AM
No, I don't think all ICOs are dead. Currently, there are many ICOs that reached the hard cap And many ICOs are able to at least reach soff cap. The number of these successful ICOs is still relatively small compared to 2017, but still market have a lot of successful ICO
copper member
Activity: 358
Merit: 2
January 23, 2019, 11:20:48 AM

I think many ICO is still on going but for now they choose to pause their project for  while moment until market stable
Activity: 518
Merit: 124
January 23, 2019, 11:17:11 AM
ICOs are not really dead to say, the only problem genuine ICOs are facing is the bear market that is affecting all cryptocurrencies and also because many people have used it to scam people, which kills the trust of investors.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 102
January 23, 2019, 11:15:03 AM

Ico are dead, investors have stopped throwing their money at fake team. If you observe a lot of ico couldn't raise softcap for almost a year since they have started ico it is a sign that the days of ico are gone the new term is STO
Activity: 378
Merit: 13
January 23, 2019, 11:07:40 AM
Icos are not dead, they are just weak at the moment considering the number of scams we have come across
A good example is Hara Token a project doing its bounty on bountyhive

It made over 70% of ico sales in just 45minutes
Completing most important stage of sales

What more of an ico ? Just dyor for the best investment
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
January 23, 2019, 11:03:30 AM
Never invested to ICOs, I'm sorry for all of your ICOs you just invested at the wrong time.

I think there's still some ICO for this year but it wasn't the same as year 2017 and earlier. Why not practice trading? use the experience that you've been with and apply it with trading, it's worth to try with the affordable amount to lose.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
January 23, 2019, 11:01:10 AM
Technically one could say yes ICO are dead, there is a significant drop in the number of people willing to release their funds to these projects recently and people prefer to trade then invest in these projects, another thing to consider now is the hype going on around STOs, if STOs get things right no one would invest in ICO again because I would rather have a part of a company than hold on to a token with virtual usecase
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
January 23, 2019, 10:58:34 AM
there's still many ICO running out there it's just not as many as last year's when ICO became a trend and also because of market condition that made it hard to succesfully reach softcap many project choose to delay their launch or some even abandon the project halfway.

Not all of them abandoned their project, they are still up to do an ICO, they just postponed it and ended their bounty campaign.  I keep a list of ICO this year and found at least two that I tried supporting are still up to continue, they are promoting their project everyday still yet told their supporters they'd go do their ICO or IEO when the market bounce back. But I think these are just words they telling but most probably don't have plans to pay bounty participants.
Pages:
Jump to: