Pages:
Author

Topic: are ICOs really dead? - page 49. (Read 108038 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
January 23, 2019, 04:30:32 PM
After participating in several ICO project, which turned out to be scam projects. My hard earned money disappeared in to thin air, with no way to trace or recover my money back. I had to act like it never happened to get it off my mind and move on.

Are ICOs really dead and do you still invest in ICO projects?

It seems so. Now at least 50% of all conducted by ICO - is a scam. Because of them, normal projects also suffer, because fraudsters destroy the desire to invest in new projects.
Activity: 625
Merit: 100
January 23, 2019, 04:11:05 PM
Develop money is a guarantee of project success? I think not. Do not fraudsters can not move the slider and say we almost collected the hard to invest more. Now most of the projects look very bad. I have seen investors swear that their investments will not be returned. And they invested large sums of money.

I think all 2019 is the last.
Activity: 532
January 23, 2019, 04:03:26 PM
If the projects were dead, then they would not appear - two or three new every day. And since they continue to appear, and the number of new projects does not decrease, it means that there is a demand for them and we cannot say that something is wrong with them. After some time, everything will recover again and it will be as before.
Activity: 551
January 23, 2019, 03:54:31 PM
Now I personally do not invest in ICO projects, but I think that they are still alive and I am taking part in the bounty campaigns
Activity: 645
January 23, 2019, 03:48:20 PM
Judging by the hunt can be assumed. That 90% of projects are simply dead. And there are no chances to get enough profit neither for investors nor for hunters. So I think we have a big problem.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 646
January 23, 2019, 03:36:08 PM
There was this report from ICO bench a couple of days ago. I guess it was already mentioned here in this thread. It says that ICOs that finished in the first half of January 2019, raised around $160 million. So apparently ICOs are dead at all but I have to say this number surprised me. 160 million is a massive amount and from my personal feelings I thought ICOs are struggeling nowadays.

Activity: 150
January 23, 2019, 03:29:31 PM
I don't think that icos is dead. Cause still there have lot of good icos. We just need to search them and need to study about them.

ya, I agree. icos have have definitely brought some amazing projects into fruition
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247
January 23, 2019, 03:21:44 PM
I do not know the exact word to describe the current ICO stats, but almost every ICO I joined starting from April 2018 is in a state of paused, scam, running Huh, and finally ended but the distribution did not happen until now for investors and bounty both. Only 3 ICO out of so many that actually managed to finish ICO and even get listed. I have seen some ICO running for a couple of months now and they did not even raise $100,000.

Looks like you follow the wrong projects. I know quite a lot of projects that raise (almost) their hardcap.
Like e.g. Arround ($30 M), Athero ($19 M) and a lot more ...

In my opinion ICOs are far away from being dead.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1340
January 23, 2019, 03:12:55 PM
Now there is such a period that many projects simply do not conduct ICO because there will be poor fundraising, the cryptocurrency market is now in decline and you should not expect another. It is necessary to wait until growth begins again and the ICO resumes with a new force.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
January 23, 2019, 03:03:36 PM
icos are having a tough time in the market due to eth drop down in prices and new projects are struggling to gain developments cost and listing fees and fundraising is becoming a difficulty for most of the ico companies

A lot of new exchange is coming to market today, ICO only have to pay for big exchange. however, I believe it is not their priority now, most projects are focusing on developing their platform or product.
Activity: 798
Merit: 263
January 23, 2019, 03:05:54 PM
ICOs have been affected also by the weak and bearish market conditions just like all other existing projects. Some scams or bad projects are always going to be there so need to be extra cautious.
Activity: 378
Merit: 3
January 23, 2019, 02:57:55 PM
icos are having a tough time in the market due to eth drop down in prices and new projects are struggling to gain developments cost and listing fees and fundraising is becoming a difficulty for most of the ico companies
Activity: 840
Merit: 266
January 23, 2019, 02:44:41 PM
I do not know the exact word to describe the current ICO stats, but almost every ICO I joined starting from April 2018 is in a state of paused, scam, running Huh, and finally ended but the distribution did not happen until now for investors and bounty both. Only 3 ICO out of so many that actually managed to finish ICO and even get listed. I have seen some ICO running for a couple of months now and they did not even raise $100,000.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
HELENA
January 23, 2019, 02:36:03 PM
After participating in several ICO project, which turned out to be scam projects. My hard earned money disappeared in to thin air, with no way to trace or recover my money back. I had to act like it never happened to get it off my mind and move on.

Are ICOs really dead and do you still invest in ICO projects?

I don't think ico is dead, but that doesn't mean I still invest in ICO.
there are many reasons why I don't invest anymore in new projects, the point is ico is currently not profitable. I am only interested in projects that have developed. and as you say too many Scam projects exist today, so for the safety of my money. I better focus on trading.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 348
January 23, 2019, 02:15:55 PM
What do you mean by dead? If you are referring to the existence of ICOs, definitely they are not dead. Some ICO just paused and some have stopped their bounty but it doesn't mean that they are already stopping from pursuing their project. The good projects simply lack funds, that's the reason why they have to find a way to continue with it by simply pausing the bounty campaign and resume if they have enough funds.

I feel sorry when you said that you lost your money but you must know that when you invest in Cryptocurrency, you must be ready to lose them or you must be ready to get rich in no time. Move on and try to study more and learn more about Crypto.
Activity: 987
Merit: 254
January 23, 2019, 02:01:46 PM
Almost all of the market has collapsed, not just icos. so it just might not be very accurate to say that it's over for icos. I think they will rise with the bull market.
Activity: 882
Merit: 11
Volare.network
January 23, 2019, 01:54:47 PM
I think ico isn't really dead, it's just a downturn. when viewed from the funds collected in ico overall, it seems there is still hope for ICO. so it's only a matter of time until everything returns to normal.
Activity: 742
Merit: 21
Be the reason someone smiles today
January 23, 2019, 01:47:30 PM
The truth is that ICOs got a bad reputation after all things that happened last year when most of the ICOs became scam or tokens lost more than 90% of their value.

However, there are and there will always be good ICO-based projects with a huge potential. (If you're interested in a good project, you can have a look at Micro jobs project - details in my signature).
copper member
Activity: 648
Merit: 159
January 23, 2019, 01:40:20 PM
There are still available ICOs with real project, but I think just 10%. Actually you can avoid scam ICOs project to not invested on or if you just looking for reward should research about that project. Just go to Scam Accusation then you find the way to detect the scammer.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
January 23, 2019, 01:25:20 PM
There are good ico but I would not invest in them under the current market conditions. The safest option is to participate in the bounty companies promising ico, so the wolves will be fed and the sheep are safe.
Pages:
Jump to: