Pages:
Author

Topic: are ICOs really dead? - page 7. (Read 108008 times)

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
thecryptocurrency.directory
May 21, 2019, 11:26:50 AM
After participating in several ICO project, which turned out to be scam projects. My hard earned money disappeared in to thin air, with no way to trace or recover my money back. I had to act like it never happened to get it off my mind and move on.

Are ICOs really dead and do you still invest in ICO projects?

After three years in signature bounty hunting, I am now for the first time wearing a non ICO campaign because the last signature bounty campaign I've participated only netted me a few dollars, such long months of wasted effort, many are moving out of bounty campaign because it's not worth anymore to participate.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
May 21, 2019, 10:19:39 AM
Later the uncontrollable   winner of nearly IEOs, I buoy safely add that the time of the ICO is lastly   upcoming to an change. Instantly   fewer and fewer   ready to sink in ICO at your have   danger and danger, it is even safer to belief and vest in an IEO on a great   strain   change that has feel in successfully conducting an IEO.
Activity: 43
May 20, 2019, 01:39:31 AM
No, ICOs are not dead. In fact, they are changing and becoming more stable. We understand your sentiment about being scammed with some projects but investing in ICOs requires extensive research on the part of the investors. With the existence of the bear market, ICOs have been rough for some and this caused several projects to go astray but with the aim of being genuine and unique nowadays, ICOs are seen to thrive and succeed. Check also if the credentials of the team working behind the project is real or not. Having people with expertise engaging with blockchain tech ensures a plausible and productive project outcome. ICOs like these still exist, you just have to review their purpose before investing.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
May 20, 2019, 12:58:40 AM
ICO's activities will continue to die if there are further various forms of fraud on the part of the ICO team that do not even consider themselves fraudsters and continue to work quietly without paying out the earned tokens to the ICO bounty campaigners.
So, until September last year, I participated in the ICO Local Trade signature campaign, at their request I registered on their Cryptoa site. com, passed two levels of KYC verification with the provision of a copy of your passport and waited for the transfer of LOT tokens.
However, fraudsters have come up with a new way to not pay the earned tokens. They wrote in one of their telegrams, dpzheine in ICO telegrams, that everyone should write an e-mail to them with repeated information about themselves. Who has not written such a letter lose the right to receive earned tokens. Therefore, many have not been paid earned tokens: who constantly will look through all the groups of telegrams after the ICO ended more than six months ago and the participants passed the KYC test?
Scammers are happy now. Cheated bounty hunters. However, who will support them next time?
Activity: 644
Merit: 257
Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!
May 20, 2019, 12:07:38 AM
I could say yes because at this time there are no ICO‘s that completely getting successful but there are still running ICO, and we dont need to think over what would be happen to them,just what i know now is be smarter for your picking ICO‘s for not wasting everything.

Not think so. Take a look on carry protocol, and also cosmos. I dont think these two conducted and IEO but hence a simple ICO on their platform. Look where they are now? It depend actually on the project not all projects can be flagged as unsuccesful ICO because.they dont hit their target price. You should be wary of thr advantage of their platform than looking on numbers that popping on exchange site.
Activity: 199
Merit: 1
May 19, 2019, 11:33:18 PM
I would say that they are dead. I'm a part of almost 3 projects that chose the ICO path and they had the most difficulty in raising money. Compared to projects that are doing or has done IEO's, I see them in a good shape right now. 2017 really made an impact in the eye of the investors on how they look at ICO's and I can't blame them at all. Like what the OP said, we don't want our hard earned money to be put to waste by these scam projects. That's why IEO's are now a thing and is being chosen by most people, majority of them are even selling out and are planning to get another round on a different exchange to raise funds!

True. ICObench shows the success of these IEO's.
Activity: 199
Merit: 2
May 19, 2019, 11:31:11 PM
I would say that they are dead. I'm a part of almost 3 projects that chose the ICO path and they had the most difficulty in raising money. Compared to projects that are doing or has done IEO's, I see them in a good shape right now. 2017 really made an impact in the eye of the investors on how they look at ICO's and I can't blame them at all. Like what the OP said, we don't want our hard earned money to be put to waste by these scam projects. That's why IEO's are now a thing and is being chosen by most people, majority of them are even selling out and are planning to get another round on a different exchange to raise funds!
Activity: 983
Merit: 100
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
May 19, 2019, 10:16:12 PM
Well i think you should choose other project that will run IEO. IEO is a good trend now most of project used IEO have a good result. But it can guarantee all of that is legit. You need do research for a while. Also , the current market condition is good now you have a chance to collect profits.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
Student Coin
May 19, 2019, 08:00:16 PM
I could say yes because at this time there are no ICO‘s that completely getting successful but there are still running ICO, and we dont need to think over what would be happen to them,just what i know now is be smarter for your picking ICO‘s for not wasting everything.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089
May 19, 2019, 07:26:27 PM
Better keeping you btc and eth for a long run, Binance's Initial Exchange Offering (IEO) do really good. Matic for instance as Btt too.
Activity: 994
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
May 19, 2019, 06:59:09 PM
After participating in several ICO project, which turned out to be scam projects. My hard earned money disappeared in to thin air, with no way to trace or recover my money back. I had to act like it never happened to get it off my mind and move on.

Are ICOs really dead and do you still invest in ICO projects?
most ICO projects end in a scam but are not for all ICO there are still many ICOs that benefit investors, all from the skills we choose good ICO so without the skill in ico it is better not to invest in ico
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
May 19, 2019, 06:53:53 PM
No. Died only those projects that were fraudulent or those for which there were no real ideas and developments, the implementation of which was impossible.
The most of ICO's were funded for the belief technology and possibility of implementation even all i mean more than 99% of ICO's failed horribly . Now we cant believe in this . If we again start to invest on ICO we will loose another crypto momentum.

I still believe there are good projects in ICO, and because at this time it's hard to raise money in ICO, they will not be able to proceed it.
People with good idea that they can suppose to raise money in ICO will loss it's chance, and we loss that chance as well.
Only if they have the budget to raise funds through IEO will they have a chance to pursue the project, but exchange reputation do also matters here.

Does anyone know what's going on with the project TokenLAB (LAB) ?

Not familiar with this, and since it was not listed here https://coinmarketcap.com/, I presume it's not already in trading sites yet, so most of us won't know.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 105
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
May 19, 2019, 04:01:15 PM
almost all participants of cryptospace unanimously declare that they want the crypto to be everywhere, so that people will accept and start using cryptocurrencies, and then in one voice - START-UP projects die. My personal opinion is that any ICO is a future project, with living people, technologies, which is the whole cryptoindustry, and I believe that while the cryptoindustry is alive, the projects will also be alive, and the demand for them will only grow, as there are many more spheres human activity - untouched, not embraced, and there is no competition
Activity: 20
May 17, 2019, 03:14:58 AM
Does anyone know what's going on with the project TokenLAB (LAB) ?
Activity: 910
Merit: 252
May 17, 2019, 03:05:57 AM
No. Died only those projects that were fraudulent or those for which there were no real ideas and developments, the implementation of which was impossible.
The most of ICO's were funded for the belief technology and possibility of implementation even all i mean more than 99% of ICO's failed horribly . Now we cant believe in this . If we again start to invest on ICO we will loose another crypto momentum.
copper member
Activity: 798
Merit: 3
May 17, 2019, 02:41:00 AM
It is seem that ICOs are no longer coming as like in the year 2017 but in place of this IEOs are launching which is touting that between ICOs and the IEOs there is no more differences. Another thing is popular these days is STO which means Security Token Offering. This phenomenon are said that a legalised version of the token offering which will be guided by the Stock Market regulators.
Activity: 546
May 17, 2019, 02:40:12 AM
ICO are not dead but some time market become very tough due to which the sale of token become very slow and people get irritated because of the market fall so ICO become slow. As for me Crypto use is high in these days and we can use it every where in the world. I would like to see the IEO list and then i come and check the ICO details.
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
May 17, 2019, 02:35:07 AM
Sorry to hear ,ICOs have bad history of exit scams and only very few are able to at least deliver what they promise investors ,don't give up just be more careful next time ,make sure the ICO you picking has a working product like miracle telecom project ,you might want to check that out
Activity: 565
BountyMarketCap
May 17, 2019, 02:22:08 AM
yes, most ICO projects are scams and few are successful so you must be careful before joining the ICO project, but don't despair because there are still a number of potential projects, and now what is gaining popularity is the IEO I think that is the new generation of ICO.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
May 17, 2019, 02:04:15 AM
Most of ico in 2018 were scams that caused investors' frustration. but now i think ico is much better. There are many potential projects and good development. ico will not die
Pages:
Jump to: