Author

Topic: Are you afraid of hackers? - page 108. (Read 10474 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 0
February 23, 2018, 06:10:18 PM
Yes, indeed, hacker attacks are very often, they steal keys from wallets, personal data and the like!
To protect yourself from this simply simply check the site so that you are not brought to the mirror, and do not give anyone your passwords and documents because they easily crack your accounts!
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry
February 23, 2018, 06:04:57 PM
People should use safer browsing habit and along with that should diversify their bitcoin and altcoin holdings in as many places as possible.
Exchanges, online wallets and hot wallets in gambling sites.
If you are not using it regularly, you can just export the private key in encrypted form and remove every trace of its existence.

Totaly agree with diversification.
But people may diversify in different wallets and split amounts, and at the same moment keep all the passwords from diversified locations in one place. If hacker gets access to this place he/she can take all diversified funds at once.

Also Must have different passwords for each service or wallet, etc.

I would also recomend to keep info encrypted on several offline pendrives and access them very rarely. Plus one more diversification is hardwallet.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
dApps Development Automation Platform
February 23, 2018, 06:00:16 PM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?

Hackers are illegal people doing illegal things. They are mentally disturbed people who keep on stealing others property. Personally, I am afraid to be hacked especially my hard earned coins. We should have security neasures not to be hacked. First keep your private keys in safe place. Do not visit sites that are suspicious. Always check the site and bookmark the right sites.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
February 23, 2018, 05:57:39 PM
I think everyone related to internet and online earning field are afraid of hackers because no one wants to lose the money which they have earned by working day and night here. There are many ways to be safe from hackers. If you are related to cryptocurrency field then you need to keep your Computer safe from viruses and Keep your private keys safe. Still, there are chances but we need to keep everything safe.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
February 23, 2018, 05:53:41 PM
Really, we do not want hackers to be objects. We must abide by the rules that we need to abstain from them. We will always be careful so that we can keep ourselves safe.
Activity: 392
Merit: 2
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
February 23, 2018, 05:14:50 PM
Every one is afraid of hackers, because no one wants to share their privacy and their money. hackers can ruin your life
February 23, 2018, 04:34:13 PM
If one person invents a new protective technology, sooner or later is the other, which its hacking into — although would from sporting interest, and that perishing to talk about those cases, when at stake are worth huge sums. This has always been the case in all areas, and it is unlikely that cryptocurrencies will be an exception. So, while protection issues are not covered by a mind other than the human one, the risk of breaking into any protection will exist — the only question is that among the many tools available on the market, only those that are able to provide the maximum possible protection for cryptocurrency savings.
Activity: 392
Merit: 13
February 23, 2018, 04:17:51 PM
Yes I am. And everyone who have good amount of crypto would be afraid of hackers. Nowadays hackers find their way even if we have most security. I would suggest everyone to have a hardware wallet to save their crypto from hackers.
Activity: 203
February 23, 2018, 04:11:55 PM

Cyber crime has developed over years with hackers making away with crypto worth millions, but if you take care of your wallet and careful precautions then no need to fear
Activity: 116
TEND, TOKENISING LUXURY ASSETS
February 23, 2018, 04:06:52 PM
Who is not afraid of them ? We are all happy about decentralized side of crypto but this also brings this kind of problems. When someone stole your coins there is no way to get them back. Therefore we are the ones who should take care of our own coins.
Activity: 560
February 23, 2018, 04:03:17 PM
Of course, hackers need to be scared because today there are a large number of threats that we can look at for example on exchanges, a lot of hacking and people are not very careful about their data
Activity: 65
February 23, 2018, 03:57:09 PM
Hackers are not different from stealing

Not all of the hackers are bad there are also good ones and people in the I.T. Community call them Whitehat hacker, This hacker prevent the attacks of black hat hacker(the one who usually make phishing site/by-pass security in the program just to steal date) by countering their moves. Of course, everyone is afraid to have their precious things or personal information stolen.
Activity: 238
February 23, 2018, 10:48:37 AM
The methods of hacker attacks and their monetization schemes have changed a lot over the past few years: single hackers have not gone away, but crowdsourcing is the key trend in this environment, and a modern cyber criminal is an effective manager. This is the person who determines the scheme of the attack, hires performers, chooses the appropriate solutions from various suppliers and service providers of the cyber underground. He spends money wisely and pays only to those who are trustworthy and have proven competencies.
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
Earn with impressio.io
February 23, 2018, 10:47:18 AM
of course. all money you invest or you get gone to some one you don't know. i think that is so pain and hurt. we just can be careful about what we do on our bitcoin to avoid hackers.
Activity: 98
February 23, 2018, 10:46:49 AM
Use orderbook.io - a decentralized exchange with hackproof architecture and decent investments into security auditing (unlike ether delta). 

However if you trade in small volumes then you better take risks to be hacked.
Activity: 151
February 23, 2018, 10:43:40 AM
maybe afraid, especially Hacker it is expert in finding a gap. even though we store important information very carefully they may simply access our account and retrieve our property
February 23, 2018, 10:40:04 AM
Honestly not as much. The wallet itself is pretty secure and I just don't click on links that look phishing and scammy.
Activity: 380
February 23, 2018, 10:39:25 AM
I'm sure everyone is afraid of hackers. These are thieves in the digital world. Imagine you work hard on something and end of the day, someone will steal that from you. Oh my God that will be very hard to accept. I hope these hackers will be hack as well.
Activity: 490
Merit: 123
February 23, 2018, 10:36:20 AM
it's because so many projects are low hanging fruit for hackers. No one wants to invest in security or just are incompetent to handle the real threat.
Activity: 126
February 23, 2018, 10:33:25 AM
Well, the idea of being hacked is really scary. Imagine all the effort you've made to protect your investments and then in just split moments, someone can easily have the system compromised. One of the ways you can prevent this from happening is by updating your credentials on a regular basis and to keep your logins on a secure server (most probably at home). Those are some of the basics I got so far but there are more ways you would discover along the way...
Jump to: