Author

Topic: Are you afraid of hackers? - page 111. (Read 10474 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 11
February 22, 2018, 01:58:40 PM
Absolutely not. I think in this environment they are powerless and stupid. But do not relax, keep your data in a safe place and everything will be fine. Good luck to us.
Muo
Activity: 236
Merit: 10
February 22, 2018, 01:07:01 PM
I think when I have millions in crypto, I will be afraid of hackers. Now all I need is having keys in cold storage.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
February 22, 2018, 12:59:40 PM
While I know it can happen I am not really afraid of it. We must adhere to the elementary rules how not to become a target for hackers. Be careful! Wink
Activity: 30
Merit: 1
February 22, 2018, 12:14:21 PM
I know I'm new to the crypto world, and probably still very naive, but, at the present moment, I'm not all that worried about being hacked.  I use a myetherwallet and that seems to be very popular.  So far, I haven't heard of anyone being hacked, unless they gave their private key up, or, had it somewhere it was accessible by a hacker.  Boy, I hope I'm not wrong!   Grin
MKH
copper member
Activity: 231
Merit: 15
February 22, 2018, 12:01:21 PM
Its normal to feel bad if some one stole my funds/investment. I don't have any job yet, i'm a student so whatever i invest, its a lot for me. However there are some remedies, such don't share your privet-key with others, wallet related important impormation, you can keep in a safe place, If you get any maill, which one asking for login your wallet then don't login, untill you can't confirm that its a verified maill, your wallet can be safe.
Activity: 686
Merit: 30
February 22, 2018, 11:19:41 AM
yes im afraid , and i hope i didnt get hacked
i just never open suspicious site and open my MEW ( priavete key ) when i needed
Activity: 120
Merit: 1
February 22, 2018, 11:18:48 AM
if you are afraid of hackers then crypto is probably not the right thing for you
Activity: 590
Merit: 258
February 22, 2018, 10:53:04 AM
Yes of course. Hackers is like a virus. They can destroy people's life.Hackers can transfer your funds to their account.
All your savings can get by the hackers. They can destroy your private accounts. They can change those informations of yours.
Activity: 266
February 21, 2018, 10:24:46 PM
Accounts being attacked is very frightening. Imagine the money that we invest and took care for many years will disappear in an instant. I wish that more security will be added to the program aside from the caution that we are doing.
Activity: 168
Presale Starting May 1st
February 21, 2018, 10:07:39 PM
Fact is, yes I am afraid. I do not want to lose all my hard worked coins. I have been working for them since last year and I have been patiently holding them regardless of the downfall of the market these past month. But there are a lot of things to avoid them. Always remember that victims also take part of the crime. How? Hackers and criminals do not usually target random person. They always go for the weak. For us, we must keep our selves strong. Always use random password and 2fa. Do not use the same password for all wallets and accounts. Let us keep ourselves away from hackers and thieves.
JVC
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
February 21, 2018, 09:34:52 PM
Yes, you can never be completely sure you won't get hack but you can do as much as you can to make it difficult

-> different emails + pws for different sites
-> change your pw every month
-> 2FA everything
-> VPN
Activity: 275
February 21, 2018, 09:33:39 PM
Sure. Especially I see Metamask and MEW are most targeted wallets and could be huge when it happens, as  most of newly issued ERC 20 tokens are stored on those.
Activity: 80
February 21, 2018, 09:31:11 PM
Of course im afraid but also people should be more carefull with their habbits on the net and have precautions with the sites they visit and their passwords
Activity: 627
Merit: 14
Crypto Article Sharer!!!
February 21, 2018, 09:26:58 PM
Yes,I'm afraid of hackers and I think all of us also afraid of hackers. They can do anything. They can hack our many personal things such that bank account, social media account, Bitcoin address, Eth wallet and so on.These are valuable things for our life.
Activity: 266
February 21, 2018, 09:16:02 PM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?

Honestly, I’m not that afraid of hackers. As a graduate in the information technology field, I am aware that it is not as simple as that to hack someone. Unless the person that is targetted to be hacked is not mindful about his or her information and credentials, then he or she would most like be hacked. It all depends on us whether we would be hacked or not.

Nobody want to get hack mate but sometime our less awareness to something can make us getting hack from someone. S
So i understand now that we need to more aware about our asset to make us staying safe. Also for the other please dont give even small chance for hacker.
Activity: 128
February 21, 2018, 09:04:51 PM
Yes i'm afraid to hacker and I think every is afraid once hacker attack. But there are precaution to avoid hacker, just ensure that your account is totally secure and your the only person access on it. Keep safe your password, private and any related data or information using to access your account and wallet.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure
February 21, 2018, 08:56:09 PM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?

I do, I am always in fear of having my wallet or computer security exploited and targeted by hackers at any moment and I know no one is completely safe in the internet. The best way to protect us is to know the possible threats and avoid it as early as possible.
Activity: 56
February 21, 2018, 08:42:18 PM
Yea of course, but people needs to care what links they click what sites they are loggin in and what information they are giving to sites in social media.
Activity: 351
February 21, 2018, 08:31:31 PM
Definitely yes, because hackers are everywhere. They can stole your coins in your wallet that you've earned. That's why beware in some links that pops up in your computer while browsing and especially make a back up for your private keys. I've backed mine in an external drive because we cannot predict what will happen in our computers. Also, the viruses it is very much risky for us because it will delete all the data that we have.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
February 21, 2018, 07:29:25 PM
I'm afraid and I'm not really afraid of the hackers because I don't really have that much money in my address.
This problem is also with me as I have nothing in wallet and never worried from hackers but still need to do some solid things for never happen any thing in future as its very important issue
First, you need to raise the question of what the hacker is interested in and then you can answer whether to be afraid of them or not. Therefore, I completely agree with you, because you need to be attractive financially.
Jump to: