Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you afraid of hackers? - page 35. (Read 10474 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 104
April 26, 2018, 04:58:54 PM
Hackers are people one should be afraid of because as technology is advancing, hackers are also advancing in their techniques. The best way to surf the net is to keep your details offline, use safer browsers like the new brave browser which is very good for ethereum network because it stops trackers and other unwanted malware from gaining access to your computer. These set of people are with no conscience and so they can steal without mercy not minding the effort and the pain their actions will cost their victims.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 385
April 26, 2018, 04:56:55 PM
of course i am afraif of hackers. i usually use myetherwallet and yesterday myetherwalllet was hacked. it is so terrible.
Activity: 629
Merit: 108
April 26, 2018, 04:43:22 PM
I am not using only one wallet for all my investments. So I minimize the risk and danger of hacking. My advice is to change the password (exchanges) every month and make minimum 9 characters with symbols and numbers.
Activity: 416
Merit: 250
April 26, 2018, 04:41:47 PM
Recently I saw a video about how easily you can be hacked so yes I am a little bit afraid
Activity: 168
Merit: 11
April 26, 2018, 04:34:42 PM
I think all of us are afraid of hackers, because in just one sec all your earnings or your account will disappear because ifof hackers. So better not to put your account in any unsafe sites or browser. Be careful of it. And specially do not show or put your account or private key in any sites.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033
April 26, 2018, 04:30:44 PM
Recent myetherwallet hack made me scared.
Myetherwallet is back to normal again, you can find the official statement from Myetherwallet. but we should still be careful mate.
always check the SSL from Myetherwallet official website. now, the hacker is more smart than system lol Grin
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
April 26, 2018, 04:20:23 PM
should always think about hackers and be always careful in every click.
Activity: 98
Merit: 3
Create Your Decentralized Life
April 26, 2018, 03:40:10 PM
In some way yes, since I have never ever put so much effort into my operational security before crypto. Now, I think it is quite hard to catch my stuff.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
“Crypto Depository Receipts”
April 26, 2018, 12:41:28 PM
You should always think with your own head! Pay attention to where you enter private keys! It is also worth considering the installation of an operating system with a very high degree of protection. Create a backup of your data!
Activity: 284
Merit: 10
The Exchange for EOS Community
April 26, 2018, 12:40:58 PM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?

if you are in the it industry, well i think you have preventive measures to minimize the possibility of a hack. but for us normal people, i would suggest that put your assets on a hardwallet like ledger nano though it is not 100% hackproof, it will less the possibility of a loss.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
April 26, 2018, 12:10:41 PM
I do not think that we should be afraid. But you do not need to forget about hackers and elementary actions to protect your cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 532
Merit: 12
KEEP CALM and HODL
April 26, 2018, 12:08:58 PM
I'm not afraid of hackers for the fact that I'm using a hardware purse. Recently, once again, there was a hacker attack on the MEW. Those who used hardware wallets as a Trezor - did not suffer in any way.
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
Apps Development Automation Platform
April 26, 2018, 12:05:24 PM
every day I always feel anxious about the actions of hackers, because every day hackers are always lurking us so we must be careful
Activity: 259
Merit: 110
April 26, 2018, 12:02:11 PM
yes, i am, and not only hackers, there is some things i fear to forget to copy pass, put the wronger address or any important things, that will be a big mistake that u cant return back, need more learning and focus on the blockchain and related things
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
April 26, 2018, 12:01:38 PM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?
actually hackers can steal the contents of the wallet because of the negligence of each user itself. lack of precision and not careful in securing his wallet. such as not using 2FA for extra security, using a password that is easy to recognize, enter social media sites that ask to enter your e-mail.
fear is there, back to each user. if we know how to avoid our hackers will be safe. Perestas act if we make the slightest mistake. so staying alert and being careful is the key to being able to avoid hackers.
Activity: 87
April 26, 2018, 12:00:35 PM
I think everyone is afraid and threatened specially of what hackers can do to their respective accounts or wallets, though it's alarming we can rest assure that admins and staffs are doing their best to illuminate those kind of issues and protect their loyal client.
Activity: 13
April 26, 2018, 11:58:42 AM
Recent myetherwallet hack made me scared.
Activity: 60
April 26, 2018, 11:57:36 AM
I use a completely different computer for my crypto... Which never accesses anything else. But for DO, I run a paper wallet to protect my coins from others (and myself)
Activity: 95
April 26, 2018, 11:56:12 AM
Year or two ago, I wasn't affraid that much, but last year when almost every coin got +1000% gain. I became very affraid. I moved all of my coins out of exchanges into their wallets on separate PC, with only Windows and internet connection on it. For major coins like btc, neo and ether, I use nano ledger. I find this the most propriate way for my needs, because I'm not day trader.
Activity: 92
Merit: 2
April 26, 2018, 11:53:58 AM
Afraid. I am paranoid. Depends on the coin, but I try to use offline generated wallets. And I try to be careful. For examle, I don't click on any link, and when I need to open it, I use a dedicated VM with sandboxie for it.
Pages:
Jump to: