Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Auction: 50 Block Erupter Blades CHECK OP FOR PAYMENT - page 19. (Read 138588 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
thanks for update friedcat Smiley
Activity: 148
Merit: 102
Is the usbminers still being rolled out today?
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1005
Please let me rest for several hours before I dare to do anything important.
The blades will be shipped within 24 hours after the payment/address collection time as promised. The tracking numbers will be provided as long as they are generated, like the last auction.
Seems like just about everyone has paid Smiley Anyone know if we'll get tracking numbers for these once dispatched?
Activity: 812
Merit: 505
The Last NXT Founder
this is what i got, tell me if its not a good choice please.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103960
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
www.easyha.sh
I plan to use 2x430W Seasonic PSUs for 4 blades.

I will also submerge them in oil. If anyone interested I'll put up a blog on it.

I am really interested!
Activity: 378
Merit: 250

I will also submerge them in oil. If anyone interested I'll put up a blog on it.

sure please do
Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
any one looking for power supply. There is very nice PSU used in CCTV cameras, exactly 12v 10A. I think it will be easy to find CCTV guys almost anywhere.

I tried those.  I wasn't happy at all.  Very noisy, poor efficiency, and power factor.

seems like your is different,  my adapters same like used in notebooks, made by IBM
Activity: 833
Merit: 1001
friedcat payment has been sent, please verify. the details are in the pm.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
DiabloMiner author
For PSU you probably want the NXZT Hale 90. Its really a Superflower OEM enterprise-grade PSU that has a beefed up fan. Its the only PSU on the market thats any good anymore, now that OCZ bought PC Power and fucked up all their products (I miss the original Silencer).

BTW, as for amperage per pin on various connectors, you want to read this: http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
According to Toms Hardware, the pins on the PCIe auxiliary power cables are generally rated for 8 amps.  With that in mind, if I were to use a a decent PC PSU like that Corsair, would I have to buy separate connectors to handle to the load, or would it just be easier to cut off the connectors and use the bare wire?

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-specifications-atx-reference,3061-12.html

Back on the switching PSUs:  The SE-200-12 looks pretty solid for powering a single blade:   http://www.meanwell.com/search/se-200/default.htm
Looks alright in theory but not much mention of power efficiency I could see from a quick glance.
With PSUs you generally get what you pay for in terms of quality of the components inside.

I trust Corsair and having the 80PLUS rating (even if it is only a bronze, thats good enough for me) is just further reassurance.

I don't know how sensitive these blades are to voltage fluctuations but cheap PSUs can sometimes be be pretty susceptible to voltage drops under high load - and you'd be running pretty close to the line on that 10A one. But then, the 30A one isn't much more expensive, so the 10A one could be better quality in the first place.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0

Those look sexy.  And it allows you to buy big, proper wires so they dont heat up.  Remember, if your wires start to heat up while in use, you need some bigger ones.
blah can't edit posts..

Corsair CP-9020015-UK CX 750W Power Supply (PSU):
Four PCI-E (6-pin / 8-pin)
Eight SATA
Six peripheral cables (4-pin)

I think there'll be enough to make it work Smiley
750W Corsair won my vote, 62A on a single rail, should happily supply four of them.
Does it have 8 molex? If not I'd be careful, I don't think we can power a blade with a single model worth of cables and deliver 10A.

I'm planning on using the PCI-e connectors (it has 4) - chop the plugs off and use the wires straight into the blade connector blocks. For some safety factor I could use a molex cable as well into each blade but I don't think that'd be necessary?

I'll just monitor the wire temperature like a hawk for the first few hours Smiley
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
I plan to use my home server PSU. it is 350W The server itself drains <100W. Will the PSU handle this?
 Is two molex connectors enough for one blade?
Pages:
Jump to: