Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMiner BE300S Samples Arrived, <0.2W/G Achieved at Board Level - page 6. (Read 66401 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
24 chip (6 chip chain x 4) test result posted.
The mosfets and big capacitors are safely removed due to the constant workload of BE300.

Results:

273.60GH/s | 0.38W/G
176.64GH/s | 0.31W/G
155.04GH/s | 0.27W/G
118.56GH/s | 0.26W/G

With more accurate control on the variance between chips we could in principle gain less power consumption in advance.

ROADSTRESS..... where are you?
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
It's seem that the color on some area of the board become darker. Maybe due to high temperature.

Im gonna guess its solder flux.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
It's seem that the color on some area of the board become darker. Maybe due to high temperature.
There is only a fan above cooling that board, and they tested it at 273 GH/s - 11 GH/s per chip.
Single chip board test report was up to 7.2 GH/s per chip.
They must have stressed this 24 chip board up to the limits.
Activity: 517
Merit: 501

Shadows? It's such a crappy picture, it's pointless guessing at that...
legendary
Activity: 1190
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
It's right ^there^.  Duh!

Any more questions ChoadStress?   Wink

Where is the 24 chip board?
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1005
24 chip (6 chip chain x 4) test result posted.
The mosfets and big capacitors are safely removed due to the constant workload of BE300.

Results:

273.60GH/s | 0.38W/G
176.64GH/s | 0.31W/G
155.04GH/s | 0.27W/G
118.56GH/s | 0.26W/G

With more accurate control on the variance between chips we could in principle gain less power consumption in advance.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
so? no news good news?
FC late login today.
It would be nice to hear some word from FC, atleast we would know that he didn't died at "drawing board" Wink
We know that sample chips works better than expected, string design also works, so propably next news will be announcment of new product. Prisma 3.0?
The expected date of first batch is April 10 to April 30. Potential delay will be notified three months ahead.
Hashrate per device and power consumption:
  Normal mode - 1.0TH/s guaranteed. 1.6TH/s maximum. 0.25-0.27W/G.
  Turbo mode - 1.2TH/s guaranteed. 2.0TH/s maximum. 0.30-0.33W/G.

this is a update

on the tank track road towards tibet  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
so? no news good news?
FC late login today.
It would be nice to hear some word from FC, atleast we would know that he didn't died at "drawing board" Wink
We know that sample chips works better than expected, string design also works, so propably next news will be announcment of new product. Prisma 3.0?
The expected date of first batch is April 10 to April 30. Potential delay will be notified three months ahead.

this is a update

legendary
Activity: 1029
Many things don't add up, so I think this is speculative update. Having chips in February and miners in April? When everything is prepared upront? Chinese fabs can produce hundreds miners per day, next day after FC say GO there will be thousand miners ready on shelfs.

"Burn in" ...
Ohh, right. Forgot that magic word... But history of AM doesn't show evidence of such a practice... As hdbuck said they even hadn't time to screw screws..
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Lets hope they stick to self mining/cloud/bulk chip offerings. They obviously can not handle customer service when selling to individual miners. Let companies like SP-Tech and Bitmain sell to the general masses.
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
Many things don't add up, so I think this is speculative update. Having chips in February and miners in April? When everything is prepared upront? Chinese fabs can produce hundreds miners per day, next day after FC say GO there will be thousand miners ready on shelfs.

"Burn in" ...
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

im not so sure about that.
from previous experiences, it seems their assembly chain is not that effective.
remember when they used to just send hundreds of screws to assemble the miners they could not handle by themselves?
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
so? no news good news?
FC late login today.

this is a update

This is very good news but is it an official update?  Cand ai inceput sa lucrezi pentru Asicminer?
legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
so? no news good news?
FC late login today.

this is a update
legendary
so? no news good news?
FC late login today.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
so? no news good news?
FC last logged in today.
Activity: 476
Merit: 262
EOSABC
How would you run a string design? If you want to avoid DC/DC altogether you'd need 8-9 chips to get the 5V down to 0.55V or so. I'm not sure how you'd get away from DC/DC on a USB miner.

I'm not a EC designer so I can't answer now, If it is possible and how, especially because I'm not work with any string able chips beside BF.

I was working with Intron and C-scape, they make first string design on BF chips - OSM.
Next they propose me to produce extended version of Bi•Fury - Hex•Fury and that was first ever dongle USB Miner with string design, on 6 BF chips.
(I'm not sure but I'm think that design of NF6 is familiar).

But I want to produce product especially for "miner wannabe" market(like Bi•Fury), that why I stick to USB dongle design, taking max from USB spec draw.
This kind market customers don't want use special DIY hubs for power it and etc.

Since BF I don't see any chips for simple, low cost USB device that can give this kind of customers some scratch's of BTC form there "miner fun game".

But producers going down with power draw (Yes I aware about high current) so I'm still searching, asking etc. Wink

Finalizing this "My story" speech I have proposition for all You EC designers:
If You can deliver some kind of design on any producer chip that suit market needs I describe, I can take all production operations(finance-production-sell) on me Smiley
[Interested in co-op? drop me a PM]

USB 2.0 will deliver 0.5A on 5V = 2.5 W
USB 3.0 will deliver 0.9-1A on 5V = 4.5-5.0 W (especially in PC, not all notebook/laptop USB 3.0 will deliver 1A)

Just be careful about assuming 3.0 can do high numbers. Even if a single port can, it doesn't mean the array of ports / other electronics or even the PSU can take many many maxed out 3.0 ports. If you tell a consumer that it will work fine on USB 3.0, they'll assume that if one works then they can put 6 in.

Even the 'big' PSUs like the CX750M only have 25A on the 5V rail, of which a proportion will be taken up with other components.

Yes I'm aware of all this this dogie, since Bi•Fury I had 1k+ working USB ports under control for testing devices.
Many HUBs models, OS and hardware setups(mobo, PSU etc.) that can get stable max form Bi•Fury.

That why I know that this kind of information You mention above, need to be placed in product describe for customer awareness.

[FC sorry for little off topic here, and still waiting for more information about test Wink ]
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
USB 2.0 will deliver 0.5A on 5V = 2.5 W
USB 3.0 will deliver 0.9-1A on 5V = 4.5-5.0 W (especially in PC, not all notebook/laptop USB 3.0 will deliver 1A)

Just be careful about assuming 3.0 can do high numbers. Even if a single port can, it doesn't mean the array of ports / other electronics or even the PSU can take many many maxed out 3.0 ports. If you tell a consumer that it will work fine on USB 3.0, they'll assume that if one works then they can put 6 in.

Even the 'big' PSUs like the CX750M only have 25A on the 5V rail, of which a proportion will be taken up with other components.
Pages:
Jump to: