Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 115. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
September 14, 2013, 11:54:43 AM
Not to mention that they can't even explain why their PCBs look weird, and the alleged mining chips in the picture don't add up with the specification they've posted previously: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263445.msg3152956;topicseen#msg3152956

Looks very suspicious indeed.
+1

they didn't explain anything, and that's why the share price dropped and over a million shares were sold yesterday.The update was supposed to verify their claims, but instead, it revealed what many suspected: their claims were baseless. 

Anyway, back to AM.  Looks like the has rate is back around 34 TH/s.  I was surprised by those 176 shares being sold this morning, I guess someone got nervous or is trying to play the waves on Labcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010
September 14, 2013, 11:52:31 AM
Not to mention that they can't even explain why their PCBs look weird, and the alleged mining chips in the picture don't add up with the specification they've posted previously: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263445.msg3152956;topicseen#msg3152956

+1

to me this picture of chips and PCB-s looks like a 3d printed box.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1008
September 14, 2013, 11:50:30 AM

September 14, 2013, 02:18:37 AM
what's going on with labcoin ? so many pages

noone actually knows.

I do.

They lied about starting to hash several days ago.  Today, they post pics of unassembled hardware, after claiming to be on schedule several times. 

After many lies, they basically tell shareholders to hold until the end of October.

Share price crashed from .0035 to .0015 within a few hours, with hundreds of thousands of shares being sold.

Basically, they imploded.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
September 14, 2013, 02:10:05 AM

noone actually knows.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.
September 14, 2013, 01:57:43 AM
September 13, 2013, 11:48:58 PM
I think the Labcoin fallout will probably build some demand for AM in the next week. 

It would be nice if FC had some great news for us, though.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 12, 2013, 09:33:37 PM
My guess is Asicminer is going to fall behind with all the new competition for gen 2.  However, I am not so confident as to try and short AM.  Fact is, Friedcat has an great track record and although I am not willing to buy AM now, he is not a man I am willing to bet against either. Staying on the sidelines at this points.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
September 12, 2013, 04:55:29 PM
With the franchising, does anyone know whats happening here? Is FC selling/leasing old blades at discount to get other people to mine for him?
Or is something completely different?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1018
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
September 12, 2013, 02:30:18 PM
I'm pretty optimistic that the hash rate falling is a good thing.  It is for some purpose or plan towards increasing the hash rate, and it will only be a temporary thing.

Why do I think that? F.C.  The dude is reliable IMHO. If anyone knows what they are doing, has a plan, and has proved themselves, it's F.C.

I think with all the competition now a-days , that AM will unlikely ever have the dominance they did with their early lead into the ASIC market. That said, I still think AM will do great, and has a bright future... I'm eagerly checking the forums like twice a day to see if there are any updates.
September 12, 2013, 12:56:39 PM
Only three possibilities:
1. A catastrophic hardware failure (very bad news - we going to 1.5 - 2)
2. Moving hardware to a new location with better cooling/power infrastructure (slightly bad news since some coins lost in the meantime but a transient issue, may see a short-term small dip)
3. Blades being taking down to be replaced with new gen 2 blades (extremely good news, would mean a solid 2-3 month lead time on competitors and stock will be in the 5-6 range shortly if confirmed)

Anyone on the board of directors have some more information?

other possibilities:

power issues, network issues, software issues, etc

This isn't the first time we've had a big drop in the last few weeks, so we can assume it is a recurring problem.

I hope they are moving to a better situation that resolves the issue.
Activity: 602
September 12, 2013, 12:56:28 PM
given the current situation shouldn't AM just join a pool for the time being?
September 12, 2013, 12:51:50 PM
I also see dividends have been falling lately without clear explanation as to why and one friedcat provided was not too convincing.

investing in future hardware is not convincing?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
September 12, 2013, 11:16:47 AM
That ad space isn't going to come cheap, most recent bid (betcoin https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3136054) was 7 @ 17 !

Ad price is getting ridiculous. Probably ad bubble coming?

There has always been one discussion on the meta board about ad's etc and the whole Diamondcards bitcointalk has money but won't upgrade the dang forum software and allows bad companies to still advertise here argument.
But those bids are quite high hope Friedcat can get a quiet round Smiley
Activity: 525
September 12, 2013, 11:11:12 AM
I have to say though, I am amazed by the level of trust I've seen in this community. The market cap of this stock is good  example.
A lot of AM investors have already received their money back in dividends.

Anyone that bought in late Feb - early March has gotten their ROI, AM has paid out a total of about 0.54/share.

Indeed, but in terms of fair valuation of this stock past divs doenst matter. Only future divs matter.

I personally think that the early bird advantage is gone and now as the big guys are entering the market the competetion ist going through the roof.

That means WAY lower profit margins for every ASIC producer and thus means WAY lower divs in the long term.

Special time is over imo.
The issue was one of trust, which Friedcat clearly has in well-deserved abundance.

In terms of fair valuation for AM you are saying this trust is worth nothing. I disagree.

Future divs, heck even next weeks' divs are only a wild-ass guess, so good luck arriving at a fair valuation on that basis.

If bitcoin takes off as we all hope it will, as an asset, a protocol, a platform, etc. spawning whole new products and services, and FC keeps adding new revenue streams (such as the recently added franchising), who knows where we will be in 5 or 10 years time? One day soon you might look back and see this stage as early bird?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
September 12, 2013, 10:54:21 AM
That ad space isn't going to come cheap, most recent bid (betcoin https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3136054) was 7 @ 17 !

Ad price is getting ridiculous. Probably ad bubble coming?
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
September 12, 2013, 10:17:27 AM
I have to say though, I am amazed by the level of trust I've seen in this community. The market cap of this stock is good  example.

Anyone that bought in late Feb - early March has gotten their ROI, AM has paid out a total of about 0.54/share.

Indeed, but in terms of fair valuation of this stock past divs doenst matter. Only future divs matter.

I personally think that the early bird advantage is gone and now as the big guys are entering the market the competetion ist going through the roof.

That means WAY lower profit margins for every ASIC producer and thus means WAY lower divs in the long term.

Special time is over imo.
Activity: 560
September 12, 2013, 08:56:26 AM

September 12, 2013, 08:55:19 AM
September 12, 2013, 08:40:03 AM
Jump to: