Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 119. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
September 11, 2013, 07:38:45 PM
Well, if I was going to try and do better,  I'd probably start by spending the bitcoins I collected with the intention of spending.

we don't know that those are what he intends to spend.

he might be saving up for more.  how much does 10 PT/s cost?
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
September 11, 2013, 07:22:00 PM

Either a large scale BTC buyer owns that address,  or FC hasn't started using his Gen 2 funds. As far as I know, no 55nm-capable foundry accepts bitcoin.

Not to mention he's playing with fire by keeping future fiat liabilities in Bitcoin in the first place. That's like a gold mining company hoarding gold bars to save up for a new mine that they had promised to investors.

Bitcoin -> IC -> Bitcoin
Thats what friedcat does.
The arrows are mysterious, but I doubt you could do better.

Well, if I was going to try and do better,  I'd probably start by spending the bitcoins I collected with the intention of spending.
September 11, 2013, 07:03:11 PM
The dividend irrelevan right now.  All that matters is the network hash percentage and when they can get their gen 2 hardware out.  They need to beat the competition.

for the mid term, I agree, but for the next few weeks, dividends certainly matter.  And when FC has enough for reinvestment, divs will likely see a boost.

And I bet we'll see a slight increase in share price, too.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
September 11, 2013, 07:00:55 PM
Ah, ok!
I see it even like that then  Smiley

Bitcoin -> IC -> Bitcoin
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 11, 2013, 06:55:20 PM
Integrated Circuit
legendary
Still wild and free
September 11, 2013, 06:53:22 PM

Either a large scale BTC buyer owns that address,  or FC hasn't started using his Gen 2 funds. As far as I know, no 55nm-capable foundry accepts bitcoin.

Not to mention he's playing with fire by keeping future fiat liabilities in Bitcoin in the first place. That's like a gold mining company hoarding gold bars to save up for a new mine that they had promised to investors.

Bitcoin -> IC -> Bitcoin
What's IC?
September 11, 2013, 06:52:07 PM

Either a large scale BTC buyer owns that address,  or FC hasn't started using his Gen 2 funds. As far as I know, no 55nm-capable foundry accepts bitcoin.

Bitcoin -> IC -> Bitcoin
Activity: 210
September 11, 2013, 04:51:11 PM
div: 0.01355608

very decent div, considering the circumstances

I agree.  I think we'll see the share price inch back up near 2.4-2.5 with this.  There's still a lot of hardware revenue that wasn't included in this div, and they are still holding back, so actual div was likely closer to .02.
The dividend irrelevan right now.  All that matters is the network hash percentage and when they can get their gen 2 hardware out.  They need to beat the competition.
September 11, 2013, 03:44:53 PM

I agree.  I think we'll see the share price inch back up near 2.4-2.5 with this.  There's still a lot of hardware revenue that wasn't included in this div, and they are still holding back, so actual div was likely closer to .02.
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
bitcoin hodler
September 11, 2013, 12:06:49 PM

September 11, 2013, 12:05:22 PM
September 11, 2013, 11:11:51 AM
~120 shares just got bought up in the last hour.

Anticipation of a decent div?  Or just leaving the other securities?

I am surprised by the level of demand this morning.  Pull those sell orders, guys.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
September 10, 2013, 11:23:37 PM
Q: After the batch shipping from Avalon and BFL, how would the manufacturers in Shenzhen compete with them?
Friedcat: Our advantage to manufacture chips at the cost price is invincible.

I did like that one and the Cock of Wealth Cheesy
legendary
Still wild and free
September 10, 2013, 10:52:51 PM
I've forgotten this sentence... Hahaha so cool!! Plain and simple  Smiley

I'm guessing you haven't seen GoldenEye.

I've forgotten it from friedcat only. Remember more or less the movie, in French version he sounds extremely dumb.   Cheesy
September 10, 2013, 10:33:39 PM
I've forgotten this sentence... Hahaha so cool!! Plain and simple  Smiley

I'm guessing you haven't seen GoldenEye.
legendary
Still wild and free
September 10, 2013, 10:31:03 PM
I've forgotten this sentence... Hahaha so cool!! Plain and simple  Smiley
September 10, 2013, 10:20:34 PM
Q: After the batch shipping from Avalon and BFL, how would the manufacturers in Shenzhen compete with them?

September 10, 2013, 09:59:36 PM
3.4BTC * 400,000 = 1360,000BTC
> 0.136 billion USD

Q: How much hashing power does Bitfountain plan to deploy within this year?
Friedcat: 800-1000T within this year.

Q: What are the specs of the second batch? When will the mass production begin?
Friedcat: The exact numbers will only be known when the chips are out of fab, currently we only have simulated results. Mass production will be in October the earliest.

Q: What would be the physical address of the offshore company be to registered?
Friedcat: It will be on an island where financial freedom is more possible to achieve.

Q: Do you have plans for the future other than mining and selling hardware?
Friedcat: ASICMINER's business is confined within mining and selling mining hardware. We might do some    
periphery work, but that won't be too distant.

Q: What kind of investors or business partners are you keeping in touch with?
Friedcat: We currently don't accept external funds, so there is no private investors. The partners we keep in touch with are mostly tech related.

Q: Are you hiring? What kind of people do you need?
Friedcat: We need people specialized in analog electronics, but we don't put much hope in finding this kind of people within China.

Q: Any plans or strategies that are suitable for the public to know?
Friedcat: We will be focusing more on the area that we have the most advantage in. It depends on whether we have more advantage in chip design or the ability to deploy fast.

Q: Why the hashing power of AM is not stable?
Friedcat: The variance of solo mining itself is relatively huge. And the whole network is being DDOS'ed lately, the 0.8.3 version of the software has fixed some bugs so as to prevent DDOS.

vip
Activity: 198
Merit: 101
September 10, 2013, 09:37:56 PM
Best guess is assembly of 65nm ascis begins next month and continues until they've deployed a petahash or more by the end of year.
legendary
Still wild and free
September 10, 2013, 09:35:56 PM
Do you have a source? All I remember is a vague reference to "exponentially increasing".

rockxie's slideshow said they were deploying a petahash mine before all of these competitors showed up. If they're deploying a petahash mine, they will have a ton more equipment for sale and for franchising.

Mmm... I remember that the petahash was planned for more like the end of the year.
Jump to: