Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 125. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 08, 2013, 01:44:38 AM
Alright, give me option 3 I didn't consider.
Blades aren't sold out perhaps? Where did you read that?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3028437
That was a runout on the old overclockable model.

OK, which reseller is currently selling blades or has an ETA on blades?

I'm serious - I was under the impression none are/do. I'd appreciate it if anyone could correct that assumption.
see:
We are glad to introduce our new model of Block Erupter Blades to the market. The hashing unit, the power module, and the ethernet controller are now integrated into one board, resulting in a more compact design with higher computation density.

Besides the original power connector, the plug-able gold fingers are added to the blade. The blades are also complemented with a back-plane for them to fit in (10 in 1). It makes deployment easier and quicker.

While the back-plane is compatible with any normal PSUs with its cable-based connector, it also offers a slot for a certain brand of widely available PSUs (Part Number: HP DPS 800GBA or ATSN 7001044-Y000).

Spec: 10GHhash/s guaranteed.
         Rated speed 10.752GHash/s.
         200mm x 160mm in size.

Resellers:
US: eleuthria, CanaryInTheMine, SilentSonicBoom
Canada: teek
EU, Switzerland and North Europe: yxt
China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau: rockxie
Australia: [email protected]
India: Pinwheel

Purchasers from the rest of the world can buy the products directly from us. One back-plane will be provided per ten Block Erupter Blade (New Model).

Former warranty conditions still hold.

Mailing address for sales: [email protected].
Mailing address for support: [email protected].

To purchase, please send your full name/address/zip code/phone number to the mailing address for sales.

Notes:
1. Please make sure that the polarity of PSUs matches the polarity on the backplane. If you are connecting the blades to the PSU without backplane, please also make sure that the polarity matches each other.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
September 08, 2013, 01:44:10 AM

I'm serious - I was under the impression none are/do. I'd appreciate it if anyone could correct that assumption.

The new blades? All of the resellers are selling them. This is just one, for example:

http://www.wtcr.ca/
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
September 08, 2013, 01:42:48 AM

September 08, 2013, 01:41:03 AM

September 08, 2013, 01:40:09 AM

Only with ASICMiner could I fathom shareholders freaking out about the company buying advertising space, as if it's somehow extraordinary. It's insane. The irrationality is palpable.
September 08, 2013, 01:37:05 AM
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
September 08, 2013, 01:35:50 AM

No... it's not. They're usually announced at shareholder meetings or industry conferences.

Oh, so thats how Apple does it?  I always thought that everyone, including shareholders, found out at the exact same time.

But fuck Apple, what do they know.

Uh, yeah, of course everyone finds out at the same time. Anything else would constitute insider trading, genius.

It is NOT done via advertising.

http://www.apple.com/apple-events/

Uh, so nobody is concerned about the fact that the CEO is choosing to communicate product line updates to his shareholders via advertisements?
product line update? we don't know that

Well, considering FC is currently sold out, if it's not new products then it's probably an advertisement for

1) Shares (a legitimate company has no business advertising its shares)

2) Pre-orders (...)

Or I could be wrong, maybe he's looking for franchise partners or something. That would surprise me though - anyone looking to franchise probably already knows about the opportunity.

Friedcat has never done pre-orders only Rockxie  Smiley

Option 3: Obvious one is they are preparing for the release of new units possibly ahead of schedule or selling more old stock
September 08, 2013, 01:35:02 AM

No... it's not. They're usually announced at shareholder meetings or industry conferences.

Oh, so thats how Apple does it?  I always thought that everyone, including shareholders, found out at the exact same time.

Uh, yeah, of course everyone finds out at the same time. Anything else would constitute insider trading, genius.

Uh, so nobody is concerned about the fact that the CEO is choosing to communicate product line updates to his shareholders via advertisements?

Well, considering FC is currently sold out, if it's not new products then it's probably an advertisement for

2) Pre-orders (...)

Or I could be wrong, maybe he's looking for franchise partners or something. I'd expect that anyone looking to franchise already knows about the opportunity though.
Shares? Pre-orders? c'mon, try and say something intelligent.

Not at all. That's normally how shareholders find about about products.

You mean board meetings? What's a shareholder meeting? Honest question, I didn't know there were shareholder meetings for say, people who owned a handful of shares in Facebook or Microsoft.
You weren't aware that shareholders had direct access to the R&D department and a direct line of communication to the CEO?

Finding out about products when they're advertised to the masses..how inconsiderate of Sir Friedcat. shareholders need to see computer renderings of products 6 months before they're ready lol

Wow, you're really dense. Public companies are required BY LAW to hold annual in-person shareholder meetings, and quarterly conference calls. Most companies go far beyond that and hold frequent events and Q&A sessions for investors, as well as press releases. For many companies the CEO's primary job is investor relations - the COO and operations folks take care of the day-to-day.
September 08, 2013, 01:33:17 AM

2) Pre-orders (...)

Or I could be wrong, maybe he's looking for franchise partners or something. I'd expect that anyone looking to franchise already knows about the opportunity though.
Shares? Pre-orders? c'mon, try and say something intelligent.
FNG
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
September 08, 2013, 01:32:25 AM

You mean board meetings? What's a shareholder meeting? Honest question, I didn't know there were shareholder meetings for say, people who owned a handful of shares in Facebook or Microsoft.
You weren't aware that shareholders had direct access to the R&D department and a direct line of communication to the CEO?

Finding out about products when they're advertised to the masses..how inconsiderate of Sir Friedcat. shareholders need to see computer renderings of products 6 months before they're ready lol
September 08, 2013, 01:29:50 AM

2) Pre-orders (...)

Or I could be wrong, maybe he's looking for franchise partners or something. That would surprise me though - anyone looking to franchise probably already knows about the opportunity.
September 08, 2013, 01:29:23 AM
Activity: 310
September 08, 2013, 01:28:50 AM

Oh, so thats how Apple does it?  I always thought that everyone, including shareholders, found out at the exact same time.

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
September 08, 2013, 01:27:48 AM

Activity: 770
Merit: 501
September 08, 2013, 01:27:27 AM

so you're concerned because the company your holding shares of rents advertising space on a forum to reach a potential customergroup?

sorry, this point of view is just ridiculous!!!

oh, i just forgot... Wink

Disclosure: I am short AM.
Activity: 310
September 08, 2013, 01:27:23 AM

You are hilarious.
September 08, 2013, 01:25:27 AM

FNG
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
September 08, 2013, 01:15:23 AM

September 08, 2013, 01:12:12 AM
Guys what happened to this week's update?  Shocked, Did I miss something? I checked F.C. profile. Nothing.....  Cry

He's working. At this point, a year after the IPO and 2000% growth, you either believe in Friedcat's abilities or you don't.

I don't want any more announcements until new shit is in place and / or ready to sell. I don't need weekly reassurance, and I don't want plans leaking to competitors. I like the opportunities provided by panic and capitulation. I want Friedcat doing what Friedcat does, which is executing better than anyone else in the game.

Bit of a lucky streak last six hours.

i think this counts as a small update.

Wink

Activity: 770
Merit: 501
September 08, 2013, 01:08:14 AM
Guys what happened to this week's update?  Shocked, Did I miss something? I checked F.C. profile. Nothing.....  Cry

He's working. At this point, a year after the IPO and 2000% growth, you either believe in Friedcat's abilities or you don't.

I don't want any more announcements until new shit is in place and / or ready to sell. I don't need weekly reassurance, and I don't want plans leaking to competitors. I like the opportunities provided by panic and capitulation. I want Friedcat doing what Friedcat does, which is executing better than anyone else in the game.

Bit of a lucky streak last six hours.

i think this counts as a small update.

Wink
Jump to: