Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 152. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 298
Merit: 250
August 13, 2013, 03:59:46 PM

I've been hearing this nonsense since May.  Meanwhile, AM has made tens of thousands of BTC while people like you said they couldn't/wouldn't

It's not nonsense - do the maths.

I never said they couldn't do what they did, the exact opposite, I believed and bought a just over 1BTC and move the price up and got criticised for buying at 1.40, happily sold for a big profit later.......

Mark my words, if AM can get back to 20-40% then all is rosy if not then you'll be seeing big falls in price.

I don't have an interest either way, just following this and stating my analysis....
donator
Activity: 290
August 13, 2013, 03:58:55 PM
...but AM is still maintaining 13% of the network.

And eventually the world will work out that 13% of all the available Bitcoins = 13% x 9.5m = 1,235,000 BTC

Current Market Value of AM = 1,600,000 BTC

So unless there's a lot of fees from real BTC transactions flowing through soon, people are paying 4BTC per share to earn back 3BTC through mining over the next decade or so.......

Unless AM network share increases a lot, or they can keep selling mining chips to people who can never make back their investment, then it's really hard to see the current values holding.......

Your valuation doesn't hold: you're not buying a finite state, Bitcoins will keep circulating beyond that distribution. You're buying into a company, not into a finite distribution system set to end at a finite time. That means the cash FLOW is the important issue. Just like in real life the valuation of a company is not locked to how much fiat is in circulation (as we all know, cash circulates around).
I agree that there is a link right now, but they are already generating revenue that isn't mined, that should give you an idea of possible expansions they might explore. However, there is a huge risk from the shaky grounds the business is standing on: legal, logistic and so on. There is not much liquidity to move 100 shares so the price we see is still "pretend" regarding current price level seen on exchanges. I totally understand folks hedging their position by selling some shares "while there is some kind of support at said price level".
Again, this has been said much but should be kept in mind by all in here:
Only invest what you can afford to lose.
Discl: I am Long AM, but there's a risky road ahead for many, expect many bumps in the road with weak hands dropping here and there.
August 13, 2013, 03:57:04 PM
And who says AM has to stay at 13%?  Why not 30%?

Thats my point - at 13% the maths don't work, even adding an extra 50% to mining revenue for hardware as in the post above gets to earnings of 4 BTC over 10-15 years on a 4 BTC investment - wow 0% return......

My point is simple - if AM do not increase their hashrate a lot, the shares are over-valued.....
Activity: 476
August 13, 2013, 03:54:49 PM
Just added that. All the hardware sale right now are still in a dream period for AM, they can get high price and make big sales, but that'll drop when people realise they cannot make ROI, so either prices or sales volumes will fall dramatically.

I've been hearing this nonsense since May.  Meanwhile, AM has made tens of thousands of BTC while people like you said they couldn't/wouldn't
August 13, 2013, 03:53:31 PM

And eventually the world will work out that 13% of all the available Bitcoins = 13% x 9.5m = 1,235,000 BTC

So unless there's a lot of fees from real BTC transactions flowing through soon, people are paying 4BTC per share to earn back 3BTC through mining over the next decade or so.......

Unless AM network share increases a lot, or they can keep selling mining chips to people who can never make back their investment, then it's really hard to see the current values holding.......

hardware and "franchising"

And who says AM has to stay at 13%?  Why not 30%?
Activity: 406
August 13, 2013, 03:46:45 PM
You're forgetting hardware sales...

Just added that. All the hardware sale right now are still in a dream period for AM, they can get high price and make big sales, but that'll drop when people realise they cannot make ROI, so either prices or sales volumes will fall dramatically.

People won't realize they don't make ROI, because they actually do make ROI. Check your math please.

Also, according to friedcat's financial report, sales were 60% of mining revenue, or 35% of whole revenue. Pretty good if you ask me.
August 13, 2013, 03:39:13 PM

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Developer
August 13, 2013, 03:37:25 PM

Unless AM network share increases a lot, then it's really hard to see the current values holding.......

August 13, 2013, 03:36:28 PM

August 13, 2013, 03:16:56 PM
Seems like someone is pushing the price down before dividend day...

Catapult in action? :-)
maybe, they are probably trying to get it near 3.7-3.8 to buy a bunch to make a nice earning on dividends, which may be close to .03 tomorrow.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
August 13, 2013, 02:58:14 PM

Catapult in action? :-)
August 13, 2013, 02:46:16 PM
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
August 13, 2013, 11:53:54 AM
still only doing about 40GH/s

*TH/s, and it seems like it been closer to 45 than 40 lately.  I presume the reason is that they feel the current stock is worth more sold than mined with for them. Seems likely that they are waiting for next gen chips to roll in for really expanding their mining capabilities.

No. Next gen chips is expecting in December, by that time 40TH/s will only be between 0 and 4% of the overall hashrate. Waiting for this new gen to expand the mining farm(s) would be suicide, I am 100% sure they won't do that, and deploy some more soon. The new blades should be coming en masses now that the technical problems are solved, to be sold *and* to mine.

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
August 13, 2013, 11:27:00 AM
still only doing about 40GH/s

*TH/s, and it seems like it been closer to 45 than 40 lately.  I presume the reason is that they feel the current stock is worth more sold than mined with for them. Seems likely that they are waiting for next gen chips to roll in for really expanding their mining capabilities.
Activity: 207
August 13, 2013, 05:44:52 AM
Why is the AM hash rate not going up yet? They are shipping blades but still only doing about 40GH/s

I mean, come on fellas!  Wink
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
August 13, 2013, 05:09:27 AM
With BTCGarden IPO collapsing and Avalon doing god knows what, it seems AsicMiner have an amazing opportunity to consolidate their lead and the share price accordingly.

Yet again proving a btc in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Activity: 180
August 12, 2013, 03:35:05 PM
guys, better move those sell orders, they're gonna get filled!

Yeah! I suspect the ones around 4.5-4.8 will get filled as well, though the price may fall back down once the orders have been filled by all this new BTC.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
August 12, 2013, 03:07:30 PM
BTC are rotating. AM on the rise!
August 12, 2013, 03:00:58 PM
guys, better move those sell orders, they're gonna get filled!
August 12, 2013, 02:34:14 PM
on the BTCGarden thread, they say the buyback is in progress right now.
Jump to: