Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 198. (Read 808768 times)

donator
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
July 05, 2013, 02:32:44 PM
ASICMINER is dropping since it is very much leveraged to the Fiat/BTC ratio which is in a nosedive.

not really.  it's dropping because there is a manipulator filling sell orders down to the bottom to scare people.

right now, the only affect BTC/USD has on AM share price are that some people want to turn their BTC to USD. 

If I was a big player with decent # of shares and saw the price of bitcoin drop 40%, I'd likely would want to secure some $$ earnings as a hedge by sacrificing some 400 shares (about how many went down today)

meanwhile if I had BTC on hand i'd put in some low bids around 3.8 and cross my fingers.
Activity: 476
July 05, 2013, 02:28:02 PM
ASICMINER is dropping since it is very much leveraged to the Fiat/BTC ratio which is in a nosedive.

not really.  it's dropping because there is a manipulator filling sell orders down to the bottom to scare people.

right now, the only affect BTC/USD has on AM share price are that some people want to turn their BTC to USD. 

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
July 05, 2013, 02:23:15 PM
Less Fiat, means less money to buy new hardware
Less Fiat, means less money to pay for R&D
Less Fiat, means less money to pay for electricity and labor costs
Lower Fiat/BTC, means more cash flow has to go to the above, means lower dividend, means lower stock price

The short-term looks ugly and I bought some puts a couple days ago, already in the money.  Mid and Long term all depends on a combo of the Fiat/BTC ratio and the ability of friedcat to continue to keep ahead technologically than the competition.
July 05, 2013, 01:17:31 PM
manipulation not paying off on BTCT, anymore, people are not dropping sell orders.

Looks like they've moved to Bitfunder, now...

No one is filling those asks on BTCT either. Not everything is manipulation.

Even the dip under 4 recently was largely people either preemptively selling before panic sellers wanting to cash out for fiat, or honest sellers wanting to get out for fiat.

A preemptive strike is not manipulation, it's smart trading.

the vast majority was manipulation.  The sells under 4 were reactions to the large manipulation drop before then.

I agree that not everything is manipulation, but right now, a lot of the down pressure is.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
July 05, 2013, 01:08:44 PM
manipulation not paying off on BTCT, anymore, people are not dropping sell orders.

No one is filling those asks on BTCT either. Not everything is manipulation.

Even the dip under 4 recently was largely people either preemptively selling before panic sellers wanting to cash out for fiat, or honest sellers wanting to get out for fiat.

A preemptive strike is not manipulation, it's smart trading.
July 05, 2013, 01:01:08 PM

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
July 05, 2013, 12:26:57 PM
I saw some fake walls today, now we are talking manipulation ! Smiley

big ones, too.  These manipulators want AM around 4.  Notice when those sell walls disappeared, they started filling buy orders to fake panic.

The hashrate's been lowish for a few days now. I wonder what Friedcat's up to.
Maybe testing new blades.

We probably won't get an updated until after next week's dividend, at which time, he'll probably announce the new blades for sale.

Discounting the 150 second hand Blades that AM auctioned off for 50 BTC, what Blades have AM sold?

Those were not secondhand, they were new.  Just like the ones in the sales thread.
July 05, 2013, 12:03:18 PM
look at the real sell orders, very thin until ~2.64

I think people value AM higher than what the manipulators are selling at...
July 05, 2013, 11:57:34 AM
Blades are not for sale right now, read my comment.  He will announce NEXT WEEK the sale of NEW BLADES (~July 10)
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
July 05, 2013, 11:49:39 AM

big ones, too.  These manipulators want AM around 4.  Notice when those sell walls disappeared, they started filling buy orders to fake panic.

We probably won't get an updated until after next week's dividend, at which time, he'll probably announce the new blades for sale.

Discounting the 150 second hand Blades that AM auctioned off for 50 BTC, what Blades have AM sold?
July 05, 2013, 11:45:06 AM

Activity: 574
July 05, 2013, 11:37:40 AM
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.
July 05, 2013, 11:21:00 AM
to create confusion of course
July 05, 2013, 11:19:33 AM
Another AM price dip isn't unlikely. BTC/USD is falling apart, and some will want to exit to fiat.

Watching 50% of my investments value disappear in a week is hard, I like the quick hard crashes... the ones that punch you in the gut and just get it over with.  This dragging me behind a slow moving truck is annoying.

Yes, I've also sold most of my shares, although I don't want to exit to fiat.
Bought at ~2.5 sold ~4.3, still solid profit.

It's enough when Btc is crashing, don't want an AM crash adding to that :/

Same, weighted avg on btct was 1.9 - sold at 4.3, waiting to hop back in at ~4

It's so funny to me when people post their specific selling and buying plans, and when they point out arbortunities.
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
July 05, 2013, 11:16:31 AM
Another AM price dip isn't unlikely. BTC/USD is falling apart, and some will want to exit to fiat.

Watching 50% of my investments value disappear in a week is hard, I like the quick hard crashes... the ones that punch you in the gut and just get it over with.  This dragging me behind a slow moving truck is annoying.

Same, weighted avg on btct was 1.9 - sold at 4.3, waiting to hop back in at ~4
Activity: 364
July 05, 2013, 11:14:01 AM

Activity: 378
July 05, 2013, 11:13:48 AM

No worry...Price will be backing soon , BTC today is far better(More people are within it)  than backed to April 2013...
Activity: 644
Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io
July 05, 2013, 11:10:34 AM

July 05, 2013, 11:05:32 AM
Activity: 656
July 05, 2013, 11:01:42 AM
Jump to: