Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 195. (Read 808768 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
July 08, 2013, 06:48:19 AM
Let's get this pony back on track with SPECULATION!

Someone give me a really good pseudo-economics reasoning (the more farcical the better) as to why we are experiencing a slight rally in the value of AM shares? Bonus points if your answer involves the rally in the price of BTC vs. fiat of the past few days.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
July 08, 2013, 05:34:04 AM
Ok, still I do not think these USBs are good buys to use anymore.  Though there does seem to be a very heathy resell market for these still on ebay with an easy 100% profit.

I was thinking this as well. I bought one as a novelty and don't plan on selling it, but seems there are some people profiting very nicely on eBay. Still pretty risky selling anything BTC related on eBay though..

It isn't that bad ,if you consider you get you coins around 70USD today, if someone can buying your device in E-bay then just make profit with them.
If not,  assume that 1 USB can mining at today's price level can pay it self back around 200 day (with 10% difficulty adjustment).
200 days later ,BTC it self become 150USD. You get 150 USD by that time ,and rest of the time, you get extra profit..  but this still a gamble with market trend..
It depend on what you thought of BTC price in the future.
why not just buy BTC and wait price to go high ?
Sorry ,my math was wrong ,If BTC price go upward , you mining income will steady follows with it , and thereby you will get quick pay back than what I  had specif above. You will earning more value other than just hold BTC in hand.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
July 08, 2013, 04:55:39 AM
Ok, still I do not think these USBs are good buys to use anymore.  Though there does seem to be a very heathy resell market for these still on ebay with an easy 100% profit.

I was thinking this as well. I bought one as a novelty and don't plan on selling it, but seems there are some people profiting very nicely on eBay. Still pretty risky selling anything BTC related on eBay though..

It isn't that bad ,if you consider you get you coins around 70USD today, if someone can buying your device in E-bay then just make profit with them.
If not,  assume that 1 USB can mining at today's price level can pay it self back around 200 day (with 10% difficulty adjustment).
200 days later ,BTC it self become 150USD. You get 150 USD by that time ,and rest of the time, you get extra profit..  but this still a gamble with market trend..
why not just buy BTC and wait price to go high ?
Activity: 378
July 08, 2013, 12:59:08 AM

Activity: 698
Merit: 500
5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders
July 08, 2013, 12:43:15 AM
Ok, still I do not think these USBs are good buys to use anymore.  Though there does seem to be a very heathy resell market for these still on ebay with an easy 100% profit.

Merit: 100
July 08, 2013, 12:40:36 AM
Ok, still I do not think these USBs are good buys to use anymore.  Though there does seem to be a very heathy resell market for these still on ebay with an easy 100% profit.
Activity: 476
July 07, 2013, 11:30:16 PM
Vela, I don;t think they are "improved" - still worth buying them here and reselling on ebay where they going for $180/each

you are talking about the USBs.  I am talking about the Blades, which are an improved design, and should go on sale soon.
July 07, 2013, 11:14:39 PM
Vela, I don;t think they are "improved" - still worth buying them here and reselling on ebay where they going for $180/each
Activity: 588
July 07, 2013, 07:43:55 PM
I think he is saving some news about the new blade devices for a big announcement on div day.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
July 07, 2013, 05:50:19 PM
Looks like Friedcat has a new improved batch of Erupter USBs in stock, already selling fast.

I wonder when the new Blades will be for sale...  Grin

Hopefully, we should hear about that soon (before 10/07)...
July 07, 2013, 05:48:18 PM
Looks like Friedcat has a new improved batch of Erupter USBs in stock, already selling fast.

I wonder when the new Blades will be for sale...  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
July 07, 2013, 05:20:13 PM

Link?!
Activity: 574
July 07, 2013, 05:19:36 PM
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
July 07, 2013, 12:15:57 PM
might be nice not to quote him. if you do, everyone has to read his drivel ......

+1  Undecided
July 07, 2013, 09:33:45 AM
but it seems like the much-maligned "competition" is starting to turn up, network total up to 212 TH/s. Crucuial couple of weeks for AM. Can they keep to around 15% of the network? If so, no worries. If not, big sell-off coming .........

5% change can be variance, we don't know for sure that it is actually growing at that rate.

The bump in network hash is likely due to Avalon 2 coming online.  I believe those products were ordered back in Nov '12.
Activity: 362
July 07, 2013, 09:17:15 AM
A lot of ASICs starting to trickle in and soon it will be a gush - these will go to individuals who will join the pools.  Asicminer will need either a crapload of their current technology come online soon or preferably, the newer technology to stay ahead on the hashrates and keep electricity costs competitive

Assuming they have electricity costs of USD 0.06 per kWh (someone mentioned earlier, I can't find official confirmation), ASICMINER hardware currently remains profitable to run until network hash rate reaches more than 100x today's rate. In other words, there is no need to panic quite yet - current gen hardware can still hold its own, and it is currently better to focus on producing and deploying large quantities quickly rather than slowing the pace in the expectation of a new generation of hardware.
July 07, 2013, 07:19:07 AM
A lot of ASICs starting to trickle in and soon it will be a gush - these will go to individuals who will join the pools.  Asicminer will need either a crapload of their current technology come online soon or preferably, the newer technology to stay ahead on the hashrates and keep electricity costs competitive
Activity: 518
July 07, 2013, 07:05:36 AM
We seem to have stopped sliding and stabilized again on all exchanges. I'm reluctant to call the bottom, but it looks like the weak hands are out or have stopped panicking for a while.

In other news, looks like the hashrate is recovering and we're almost back in first place where we belong. Hope it stays that way!

http://www.asicminercharts.com/
http://blockchain.info/pools

but it seems like the much-maligned "competition" is starting to turn up, network total up to 212 TH/s. Crucuial couple of weeks for AM. Can they keep to around 15% of the network? If so, no worries. If not, big sell-off coming .........
Activity: 574
July 07, 2013, 06:49:28 AM
We seem to have stopped sliding and stabilized again on all exchanges. I'm reluctant to call the bottom, but it looks like the weak hands are out or have stopped panicking for a while.

In other news, looks like the hashrate is recovering and we're almost back in first place where we belong. Hope it stays that way!

http://www.asicminercharts.com/
http://blockchain.info/pools
Jump to: