Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 230. (Read 808768 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
June 26, 2013, 12:41:06 AM
Dividend speculation? Looks like the mining part will be around 0.016 per share this week, any educated guesses about the hardware proceeds?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
June 26, 2013, 12:27:28 AM
Hey all,

Since the price is up so much recently, the implied volatility is clearly higher. Seeing this, I've decided to increase my previous offer for put options to the following:

Strike: 2.3 BTC
Exp: ~90 days
Premium: 0.2 BTC

(I am buying puts)

BTCT please. If you decide to list, make sure to send me a PM.

Cheers,

Vycid
Activity: 644
Inspired
June 25, 2013, 09:23:26 PM
Too funny.
I love this place.
Activity: 476
June 25, 2013, 08:59:39 PM
This is the least spectacular speculation thread...

Someone start some shit.
Or make a poorly supported argument.
Or, tell me ASICMINER is going to double or triple.

do you have all the trolls ignored or what?   Grin
Activity: 476
June 25, 2013, 08:58:55 PM
Someone start some shit.

Your mom is gonna double!  Tongue

oh hell, here we go....
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
June 25, 2013, 08:32:50 PM
For anyone looking for something other than AM to invest in, you might consider this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/just-dicecom-invest-in-1-house-edge-dice-game-242962

I am in no way affiliated with them, nor am I invested. I just think the market needs more than one place to put our money, and I'm glad to see something that might fit the bill.

Wish there were other Bitcoin related investments apart from mining and gambling.

The only other things you can invest in are "real world" companies like the gold exploration company and the rental service and the t-shirt company.

Why can't you invest in Bitpay, MT.Gox, Bitstamp, etc with BTC?

The surprising thing is that you are able to invest in ASICMINER at all.  BFL, Avalon and KNC all proved that people will invest in hardware development and give up all of their rights in exchange for a promise of one of the first few units produced.

AMC takes that to an even higher level.  You pay for the development, they own the IP, and you don't even get any hardware.  They keep it and promise you 40% of the proceeds.

BFL is hiring last time i checked and at least Stockh0lm KFC dude has an e:mail that works..thanks
June 25, 2013, 08:27:23 PM
For anyone looking for something other than AM to invest in, you might consider this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/just-dicecom-invest-in-1-house-edge-dice-game-242962

I am in no way affiliated with them, nor am I invested. I just think the market needs more than one place to put our money, and I'm glad to see something that might fit the bill.

That is actually the only other investment besides ASICMINER I see as plausible in bitcoin right now.

Plus you get to help stick it to Erik which is always a good thing.

imho BRND someone just needs needs to call the ceo and convince him that bitcoin /bitfountain/asiczzz plugs are buzzing on the radar..thanks
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
June 25, 2013, 08:14:07 PM
Someone start some shit.

Your mom is gonna double!  Tongue
Activity: 644
Inspired
June 25, 2013, 08:12:09 PM
This is the least spectacular speculation thread...

Someone start some shit.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
June 25, 2013, 06:44:08 PM

That is actually the only other investment besides ASICMINER I see as plausible in bitcoin right now.

Plus you get to help stick it to Erik which is always a good thing.

Great, I might considering selling some shares for Just-dice.

I love dice games and hate satoshi dice with a passion.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
June 25, 2013, 06:40:18 PM

Wish there were other Bitcoin related investments apart from mining and gambling.

The only other things you can invest in are "real world" companies like the gold exploration company and the rental service and the t-shirt company.

Because
1. They don't want or need your money
2. They don't want or need the hassle of one gazillion entitled investors
3. All of the Bitcoin "exchanges" are varying degrees of sketchy
4. They're high-profile enough to need to avoid legal bullshit
Activity: 518
June 25, 2013, 06:38:26 PM

Because they don't need our money.
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
June 25, 2013, 06:37:15 PM

June 25, 2013, 06:22:42 PM

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
June 25, 2013, 06:15:37 PM
What are your thoughts on ASICMINER against AMC.

AMC is due for an announcement, and AMC stock rose way over 60% within hours

AMC is a personal ATM for Kslaughter and nothing else.  I have explained that many times.

All the benefits of the shares go to his independent company VMC which you don't own.

Plus he is selling the shares at ~35 times the value of the company.

Just to put icing on the cake, he has been caught manipulating the share prices.

Or, people can make their own mind up, by clicking 'details'.... https://btct.co/security/AMC-PT
June 25, 2013, 05:57:36 PM
Let me put the final nails in this.

1st, ASICMINER generates profits in another way as well: Specifically, Hardware sales. Friedcat, so far, has chosen not publish the address for hardware sales, which means that the last day of each week, the mythical DAILY-AM-PT will have significantly higher dividends than other days. This would create interesting episodic price valuations, but not the kind shareholders would enjoy.

2nd, ASICMINER spends BTC on expenses too—which means calculating the daily dividends by coins tallied in ASICMINER mining wallets could be a huge risk for the pass through operator when Friedcat invests in new datacenter leases, chip orders, board orders, assembly, etc.

Basically, this idea is not possible unless ASICMINER undergoes a major shift towards transparent daily accounting, which Friedcat is very unlikely to do given his past behavior (which is certainly no indictment of his actions, he should spend his time otherwise).

You guys are way overcomplicating this. Honestly, it would not be that hard for me to make TAT.ASICMINER behave this way. The only true issue is how to handle when AM withholds divs, and that would just mean I'd have to withhold divs til the difference was repaid.

I'm NOT saying that I plan to start daily divs for TAT.AM, merely that I could.

how do we buy in to go short your passthroughs?..thanks
June 25, 2013, 05:55:42 PM
Let me put the final nails in this.

1st, ASICMINER generates profits in another way as well: Specifically, Hardware sales. Friedcat, so far, has chosen not publish the address for hardware sales, which means that the last day of each week, the mythical DAILY-AM-PT will have significantly higher dividends than other days. This would create interesting episodic price valuations, but not the kind shareholders would enjoy.

2nd, ASICMINER spends BTC on expenses too—which means calculating the daily dividends by coins tallied in ASICMINER mining wallets could be a huge risk for the pass through operator when Friedcat invests in new datacenter leases, chip orders, board orders, assembly, etc.

Basically, this idea is not possible unless ASICMINER undergoes a major shift towards transparent daily accounting, which Friedcat is very unlikely to do given his past behavior (which is certainly no indictment of his actions, he should spend his time otherwise).

You guys are way overcomplicating this. Honestly, it would not be that hard for me to make TAT.ASICMINER behave this way. The only true issue is how to handle when AM withholds divs, and that would just mean I'd have to withhold divs til the difference was repaid.

I'm NOT saying that I plan to start daily divs for TAT.AM, merely that I could.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
June 25, 2013, 05:54:55 PM
What are your thoughts on ASICMINER against AMC.

AMC is due for an announcement, and AMC stock rose way over 60% within hours
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
June 25, 2013, 05:53:00 PM
I guess it would be interesting from another viewpoint
Compares all other daily mining funds/PMB's value vs an ASIC / 7 lol
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
June 25, 2013, 05:47:49 PM
That's not how I understood the concept of "the mythical DAILY-AM-PT". On each wednesday I would just divide the dividends per 7 and spread them to share holders. So from wednesday on, they have a perfect visibility of future dividends until the next wednesday. In other words, it would pay previous week divs but flatten "per day", rather than paying future week based on any unsure speculation of future divs.

As you have described it, basically people have to wait 14 days for their complete dividend instead of 7.

How is this an improvement?

Well, I'm not claiming it's an improvement, it's just different.

Imagine that you buy a DAILY-AM-PT on Thursday, you would still have 6 days of divs in front of you, while with the current ones you would not get anything until next week (the previous owner get all the week dividend before selling you).
So when you say "basically people have to wait 14 days for their complete dividend instead of 7", I agree  with you as long as "people" refer to people keeping their shares for all this time. But if you buy/sell, the game is just different, and your "basically" does not apply.

Again, I'm not claiming it has any interest. But I do believe it is different and not necessarily worse or stupid.
Jump to: