Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 231. (Read 808768 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Science!
June 25, 2013, 05:39:09 PM
That's not how I understood the concept of "the mythical DAILY-AM-PT". On each wednesday I would just divide the dividends per 7 and spread them to share holders. So from wednesday on, they have a perfect visibility of future dividends until the next wednesday. In other words, it would pay previous week divs but flatten "per day", rather than paying future week based on any unsure speculation of future divs.

As you have described it, basically people have to wait 14 days for their complete dividend instead of 7.

How is this an improvement?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
June 25, 2013, 05:30:31 PM
Let me put the final nails in this.

1st, ASICMINER generates profits in another way as well: Specifically, Hardware sales. Friedcat, so far, has chosen not publish the address for hardware sales, which means that the last day of each week, the mythical DAILY-AM-PT will have significantly higher dividends than other days. This would create interesting episodic price valuations, but not the kind shareholders would enjoy.

2nd, ASICMINER spends BTC on expenses too—which means calculating the daily dividends by coins tallied in ASICMINER mining wallets could be a huge risk for the pass through operator when Friedcat invests in new datacenter leases, chip orders, board orders, assembly, etc.

Basically, this idea is not possible unless ASICMINER undergoes a major shift towards transparent daily accounting, which Friedcat is very unlikely to do given his past behavior (which is certainly no indictment of his actions, he should spend his time otherwise).

That's not how I understood the concept of "the mythical DAILY-AM-PT". On each wednesday I would just divide the dividends per 7 and spread them to share holders. So from wednesday on, they have a perfect visibility of future dividends until the next wednesday. In other words, it would pay previous week divs but flatten "per day", rather than paying future week based on any unsure speculation of future divs.
legendary
Still wild and free
June 25, 2013, 05:26:18 PM
Are there really people in favor of clogging up the blockchain with microtransactions just so that they could get a daily dividend? I don't believe this would be in the best interest of bitcoin, and therefore not in the best interest of AM.

What, what? One transaction per day would be "clogging up"?  Huh

That only leaves 99.999998347% of the maximum transaction volume for the rest of the network!!!!!

Yes, this is including the current 1MB/block cap.

I think Rival didn't get that you can pay multiple addresses in one single transaction.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
June 25, 2013, 05:23:33 PM
Are there really people in favor of clogging up the blockchain with microtransactions just so that they could get a daily dividend? I don't believe this would be in the best interest of bitcoin, and therefore not in the best interest of AM.

we have faith satoshi can handle it...piece of cake..thanks
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
June 25, 2013, 05:22:51 PM

That only leaves 99.999998347% of the maximum transaction volume for the rest of the network!!!!!

Yes, this is including the current 1MB/block cap.
Science!
June 25, 2013, 05:21:17 PM
Let me put the final nails in this.

1st, ASICMINER generates profits in another way as well: Specifically, Hardware sales. Friedcat, so far, has chosen not publish the address for hardware sales, which means that the last day of each week, the mythical DAILY-AM-PT will have significantly higher dividends than other days. This would create interesting episodic price valuations, but not the kind shareholders would enjoy.

2nd, ASICMINER spends BTC on expenses too—which means calculating the daily dividends by coins tallied in ASICMINER mining wallets could be a huge risk for the pass through operator when Friedcat invests in new datacenter leases, chip orders, board orders, assembly, etc.

Basically, this idea is not possible unless ASICMINER undergoes a major shift towards transparent daily accounting, which Friedcat is very unlikely to do given his past behavior (which is certainly no indictment of his actions, he should spend his time otherwise).
legendary
Still wild and free
June 25, 2013, 05:20:01 PM

Activity: 504
Merit: 502
June 25, 2013, 05:17:00 PM
legendary
Still wild and free
June 25, 2013, 05:00:14 PM
Daily dividends are simply a way to compete with existing passthroughs for potential shareholder's BTC. There is far more risk & busy work associated with it, too, so expect to have to charge substantial fees if you set this up.

Busy work??? You know computers are good to make this kind of tasks automatic?  Cheesy
I'd write a script to make all this in 10mn. Actually with enough initial investment it's a pretty good idea! Gosh, why am I so busy!!!  Angry

Busywork =
Replying to nagging shareholders:
"Where are my dividends?"
"When will I receive my dividends?"
"Why are my dividends so small today?"

Filling out applications for listing on bitfunder or BTC-TC.
Explaining to Bitfunder/BTC-TC why this is necessary, and proving that you are not going to SCAM shareholders.

Good point, I have to admit I may underestimate all this.

Few people have the reputation  and collateral to get a complicated passthrough like this listed on BTC-TC.

Yes, that requires for sure a large initial investment (in the form of collateral but also to get direct shares). So at least for this reason, I cannot!  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001
June 25, 2013, 04:58:17 PM
Daily Dividends would be unbelievably awesome  Shocked
Science!
June 25, 2013, 04:47:33 PM
Daily dividends are simply a way to compete with existing passthroughs for potential shareholder's BTC. There is far more risk & busy work associated with it, too, so expect to have to charge substantial fees if you set this up.

Busy work??? You know computers are good to make this kind of tasks automatic?  Cheesy
I'd write a script to make all this in 10mn. Actually with enough initial investment it's a pretty good idea! Gosh, why am I so busy!!!  Angry

Busywork =
Replying to nagging shareholders:
"Where are my dividends?"
"When will I receive my dividends?"
"Why are my dividends so small today?"

Filling out applications for listing on bitfunder or BTC-TC.
Explaining to Bitfunder/BTC-TC why this is necessary, and proving that you are not going to SCAM shareholders.

If you think this is so simple, do it, but I have doubts you would get it off the ground. Few people have the reputation  and collateral to get a complicated passthrough like this listed on BTC-TC.
legendary
Still wild and free
June 25, 2013, 04:40:03 PM

Science!
June 25, 2013, 04:05:18 PM
June 25, 2013, 04:04:16 PM

that needs to go on the BTCx splash screen sooo bad!. ..lol
Activity: 476
June 25, 2013, 04:00:57 PM
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
June 25, 2013, 03:53:50 PM
DALIY?...we can't wait that long and is that the new new triple passthrough..thanls

lol vlaidj point hahhwjja
June 25, 2013, 03:52:51 PM
it would be pretty good for the PT.  Get dividends on weds, invest int hings through the week, and pay out slowly on a daily basis...

The point of the PT is that it's a direct reflection of AM, not additional investments.

I'm sure there are some other funds out there that do this.. Aren't there?
probably BTCinvest, I think he has other investments. You are right, it would want to be a fund with daily dividends.  I'm not sure why anyone would invest in something like that, but it seems like the fund manager would stand to make some good money.

It'd just be spamming the chain with lots of small transactions daily.

I'm sure there is a positive spin to it, but I don't really know what it is.

The actual way to do this would be to pay daily divs BEFORE they came out, based on the mining wallet, then do a weekly div to correct it. Then you might get people's attention. Hmm...

There ya go!

Edit -

Ticker name can be TAT-ASICM-DAILY

Do I get some sort of credit for that?!??!!!! lol

DAILY?...we can't wait that long and aint that the new new triple passthrough..thanls
June 25, 2013, 03:47:52 PM
it would be pretty good for the PT.  Get dividends on weds, invest int hings through the week, and pay out slowly on a daily basis...

The point of the PT is that it's a direct reflection of AM, not additional investments.

probably BTCinvest, I think he has other investments. You are right, it would want to be a fund with daily dividends.  I'm not sure why anyone would invest in something like that, but it seems like the fund manager would stand to make some good money.

The actual way to do this would be to pay daily divs BEFORE they came out, based on the mining wallet, then do a weekly div to correct it. Then you might get people's attention. Hmm...

There ya go!

Edit -

Ticker name can be TAT-ASICM-DAILY

Do I get some sort of credit for that?!??!!!! lol
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
June 25, 2013, 03:46:58 PM

probably BTCinvest, I think he has other investments. You are right, it would want to be a fund with daily dividends.  I'm not sure why anyone would invest in something like that, but it seems like the fund manager would stand to make some good money.

June 25, 2013, 03:41:03 PM

probably BTCinvest, I think he has other investments. You are right, it would want to be a fund with daily dividends.  I'm not sure why anyone would invest in something like that, but it seems like the fund manager would stand to make some good money.

Jump to: