Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 248. (Read 808768 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
June 22, 2013, 10:31:57 AM
wow, slipped back down to 3 over night.  Any reason for that?

I just mentioned it a few posts above this one.

I'm talking about last night, the most recent dip, not the options thing:

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
June 22, 2013, 10:28:58 AM
btct.co is currently down. Anyone noticed?

Yes, and LTC Global.
June 22, 2013, 10:28:43 AM
yes, I have.  I noticed burnside was online, as well, so I'm sure he is aware of the situation.
June 22, 2013, 10:28:30 AM

I just mentioned it a few posts above this one.
June 22, 2013, 10:27:51 AM
Especially for a measly 25 shares lol!  This guy is running a 100 million dollar company and you call him out like he's your secretary!  Now let's be real, Friedcat he was a just a humble guy and a friend to many, like the rest of us a just a year ago, but he has grown in to something more, and we need to realize that.
Well, technically, it is his job.  Granted, people should PM him, not call him out randomly in forum threads like he's batman or something.  

BUT, it's not our fault that he has to manually verify and transfer shares himself.  He chose to do it that way.  People shouldn't have their share transactions limited because we think he's busy.  Instead, if this system doesn't work for him, he should set something else up.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
June 22, 2013, 10:25:54 AM
June 22, 2013, 10:18:07 AM
Activity: 84
June 22, 2013, 09:59:31 AM
I'm selling my 25 shares 1Q1ytqxdKSgjJimmJ5nTxPiSt674QkBzzM - friedcat please confirm.

3.1 btc each

This is bitcoinplay

HF1SgooJ+IHXhCPFj/0os2M+x36mehj/Jk+FrmtJfq7beJQQuioTtqveyQXG1ZeK9wKZw07mDQGjwzcCZAw8mHs=

Friendcat doesn't verify holdings whenever his name is randomly called in the forums

Especially for a measly 25 shares lol!  This guy is running a 100 million dollar company and you call him out like he's your secretary!  Now let's be real, Friedcat he was a just a humble guy and a friend to many, like the rest of us a just a year ago, but he has grown in to something more, and we need to realize that.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
June 22, 2013, 09:39:25 AM
I'm selling my 25 shares 1Q1ytqxdKSgjJimmJ5nTxPiSt674QkBzzM - friedcat please confirm.

3.1 btc each

This is bitcoinplay

HF1SgooJ+IHXhCPFj/0os2M+x36mehj/Jk+FrmtJfq7beJQQuioTtqveyQXG1ZeK9wKZw07mDQGjwzcCZAw8mHs=

Friendcat doesn't verify holdings whenever his name is randomly called in the forums
June 22, 2013, 09:07:58 AM

First circle was a dip at the 2.5 wall if I am correct.

Second was when/after the lower dividend for this last week was announced.

Third (today) is when someone exercised options. Shares were trading at around 3.3 and then someone exercised options contracts with a strike of below 3.  If you guys know how options contracts work then you will fully understand that this was just another reason to purchase more shares at a lower point because of other people's misunderstandings (they were the ones selling outside of the contracts being executed). 

first dip. when BTC/USD prices dropped temporarily.
second. during uncertainty over lower hashrate/lower divs.
third. ^^?

Third is when competitors enter the market and hash per BTC becomes the weak point of ASICMINER for a while. I am sure ASICMINER would get us there (On par with competitors hash per BTC), But until ASICMINER do, Alot will pull out and alot will panic sell at each announcement competitors would release. That is why my strategy is to keep the shares bought at less than 2 BTC, The rest bought with more are for speculation and day trading, But not for the keeping.

Just my humble opinion.

Sorry man, but you are wrong.  Look at the orders from yesterday on BTCT.  I am trying to get the page to load now but it wont... If it does, and I can view orders back that far, then I will post screenshots.  It VERY clearly says "options exercised" or something in the view that show more detail about each order. 

http://www.optiontradingpedia.com/call_options.htm

Call Options enable you to buy the underlying stock at a price fixed right now no matter how high it rallies in future for just a small price relative to the price of the underlying stock without first having to buy the underlying stock! Apart from being an incredibly flexible and risk limited leverage instrument, Call Options are fantastic hedging instruments for any stock portfolios.

Manipulated properly, it allows anyone to profit from any move in the underlying stock, take advantage of new trends or swings very quickly and hedge away positional risks. Small retail investors use Call Options as speculative instruments to turn a big profit from very small amounts of money and big institutional investors use it to protect their stock portfolios and to increase marginal revenue. In fact, employee stock options are Call Options too. Such widespread application and flexibility makes learning about how Call Options work, one of the most important investment knowledge of modern times.
Activity: 84
Bitcoin Play!
June 22, 2013, 08:14:36 AM

3.1 btc each

This is bitcoinplay

Moderator note: Scam, do not trade.

I am selling ASICMINER shares for 2.85 BTC per share.

https://blockchain.info/address/1Q1ytqxdKSgjJimmJ5nTxPiSt674QkBzzM

I am btharper on Bitcointalk and I am selling my 25 ASICMINER shares

HPrNLhGeoo5NvZRD0nyc2dgNYO8FhVFq+qe5NMyp+KzJAXe2DBhhHBvXlWK9IyhZKcAJ6AYE7pCt2Szrw40dm1A=

No escrow (I need funds fast), if you don't like it don't trade. I've been here since 2012 and I've conducted various trades.

PM for details. First come first serve.
Activity: 280
June 22, 2013, 06:27:09 AM
Just a warning.  User BitNit is offering to sell shares referencing my address as proof of ownership.

BEWARE!

Acisminer shares's information must be confirmed by friedcat.
Activity: 280
June 22, 2013, 04:57:11 AM
What do you guys make of FC's latest post:

Update

The chips of the second batch will be ready in smaller packages during this week and the next one. We are preparing for the (larger) mass production of USB devices and blades, as well as necessary wholesale price adjustments.

The hashrate drop this week was caused by an internal troubleshooting which took about 10h, followed by a series of bad luck (which happened to involve the whole network).

Hash rate going up, 2nd batch coming online next week, and bigger production of devices.  This looks good for next week of AM, maybe hit 3.5?

acisminer shares has priced up to 3.05 btc. next month may be up to 3.6 btc. and the dividend is up too.
Activity: 97
June 22, 2013, 02:54:30 AM
Does anyone know how to zoom in on the BTCT chart?  Or is it even possible?
You can't on the btct site itself.  However there is a zoomable chart (with more history!) here: http://coinflow.co/chart/ASICMINER-PT

hey!  this thread is not linked on that page!  I call shenanigans!

lol, okay, I'll see what I can do about that Smiley

Most of the data is pulled programatically, but I'll build a way to add links and text manually without modifying the api data. Smiley   Maybe I'll even add a link submission tool to each security..
June 21, 2013, 11:41:26 PM
You can't on the btct site itself.  However there is a zoomable chart (with more history!) here: http://coinflow.co/chart/ASICMINER-PT

hey!  this thread is not linked on that page!  I call shenanigans!
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto
June 21, 2013, 11:13:58 PM

Third (today) is when someone exercised options. Shares were trading at around 3.3 and then someone exercised options contracts with a strike of below 3.  If you guys know how options contracts work then you will fully understand that this was just another reason to purchase more shares at a lower point because of other people's misunderstandings (they were the ones selling outside of the contracts being executed). 

third. ^^?

Third is when competitors enter the market and hash per BTC becomes the weak point of ASICMINER for a while. I am sure ASICMINER would get us there (On par with competitors hash per BTC), But until ASICMINER do, Alot will pull out and alot will panic sell at each announcement competitors would release. That is why my strategy is to keep the shares bought at less than 2 BTC, The rest bought with more are for speculation and day trading, But not for the keeping.

Just my humble opinion.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 21, 2013, 11:05:10 PM

third. ^^?
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
June 21, 2013, 10:58:27 PM
June 21, 2013, 10:44:01 PM
June 21, 2013, 09:25:33 PM

Third (today) is when someone exercised options. Shares were trading at around 3.3 and then someone exercised options contracts with a strike of below 3.  If you guys know how options contracts work then you will fully understand that this was just another reason to purchase more shares at a lower point because of other people's misunderstandings (they were the ones selling outside of the contracts being executed).  
Jump to: