Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon 8 official specs released - page 17. (Read 30297 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
December 26, 2017, 03:53:50 PM
They raised the pallet pricing by $2,000.  Now $152,525.

Is there any chance the A821s will be under 2500 or even 3000? It looks unlikely from what people are saying about pallet prices, unless the official distributors like crypto and blokforge get them for cheaper?
Activity: 15
December 26, 2017, 02:29:28 PM
I bought some cloud mining because there were no miners to buy.
I will buy some more miners when they become available. I still have a couple power outlets in my garage.
I'll wait for the new a8 miners to go on sale. I hope there not too over priced like the s9 miners lately.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
December 25, 2017, 05:52:33 PM
Might as well cloud mine with these miner prices.

This is actually a great point. For the big players it won’t matter, but it could be a bit of a control on prices if distributors can’t move miners quickly enough because people are just moving to cloud mining.
Activity: 112
Merit: 6
December 25, 2017, 05:04:34 PM
I agree we need to stop the bitmain Monopoly. A bit disappointed with the hash rate tho. Will be looking at the dragonmont 16t
You won't be looking at it because it doesn't exist, it's a scam

you'll be looking at vaporware
Merit: 17
December 25, 2017, 04:03:07 PM
I agree we need to stop the bitmain Monopoly. A bit disappointed with the hash rate tho. Will be looking at the dragonmont 16t
You won't be looking at it because it doesn't exist, it's a scam
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
December 25, 2017, 03:01:51 PM
Wow, at $3-4K per miner, that's going to take over a year ROI, especially with the difficulty going up each month. And if BTC keeps falling, it's going to take even longer! People been snatching up miners on ebay for over $4K because BTC was skyrocketing to $20K! Well, it's dropped a lot since it hit the high. Just last month the S9 was under $1500 & the A741 was under $1K and BTC was over $8K; so people buying new miners then could still make over 200% ROI in a year even after deducting power costs. Now that's all changed with the miners doubling and tripling in price and BTC falling. So people are going to reassess whether it's still profitable to buy a miner or not. Though you'll still get that 1 in 10 who'll buy at the high end and at any price!  Shocked

That's why the companies selling the picks and shovels for digital gold are making out like bandits; just as the people who sold them to the miners back then in the 1850s gold rush. Wink

And jeans - that's where Levi Strauss made HIS name and initial bundle.

legendary
December 25, 2017, 02:57:11 PM
The prelim specs I was given were 10TH for 1000w. I really wish that is what the final number would have been. People would have been able to run these easily on 110v at home.

The 821 can probably be downclocked to meet or come close to those numbers.
Activity: 158
Merit: 103
December 25, 2017, 01:25:13 PM
Why still so cheap? Lets make Avalon 821 price 10000$.
copper member
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
December 25, 2017, 01:12:33 PM
They raised the pallet pricing by $2,000.  Now $152,525.
Activity: 1
December 25, 2017, 11:50:31 AM
I'm seeing on Canaan's site that a 60 pack is 165K which would be $2,750 each.
Activity: 15
December 25, 2017, 03:29:28 AM
Might as well cloud mine with these miner prices.
Activity: 112
Merit: 6
December 25, 2017, 12:23:59 AM
These machines are too fancy for mining , but do these last long ?
My bad experience tells me , if you get the original version with first hand quality , you can expect the bigger picture . Otherwise buying these always wrapped up with too much risks.
But in vain , risk taker wins the race. So , Good luck. Suggest me any good distributor of it , i will be glad . Thank you.
We have no idea right now but historically Avalon has always been on top with reliability and quality. They're one of the most reliable modern miners you can get right now. Still not worth paying a huge premium for the A8 still though imo.

If you're in the United States Blokforge is a legit distributor of miners. They're supposedly starting sales on the 26th.
Paying a huge premium wouldn't make sense, you could just buy more S9s and consider them spares (while they mine of course Smiley). I really want to buy a higher quality product from a good distribution network, I'm hoping price is right and I'll put my order.
Problem is distributors will probably mark up the prices to higher than direct. From what I can tell they'll be around the $3000 mark or up which is pretty ridiculous even for a quality product. Hopefully Avalon and their distributors will change their minds about pricing.
They probably wont. Last bitmain S9 batch went pretty quickly for $2750. They will sell just fine at 3k, probably even at 4k, so why in hell would they sell it for less? Would you do that?
It'd be nice if they did. Not saying that they will do anything of the sort, but here's to hoping that they might. They've always been priced above Bitmain, so it'll be a small miracle if prices go even near that of Bitmain's.

i think Avalon can get away with a mark up over Bitmain due to quality, but not actually over the price of an s9 since it doesnt have the same TH/s. at 202 a th/s an avalon would be 2222, plus a slight mark up since they wont get into a price war with bitmain (ill be honest i wish they would b/c we know that bitmain can probably still turn a profit all the way down to 800 or so)
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
December 24, 2017, 09:45:31 PM
My bad experience tells me , if you get the original version with first hand quality , you can expect the bigger picture . Otherwise buying these always wrapped up with too much risks.
But in vain , risk taker wins the race. So , Good luck. Suggest me any good distributor of it , i will be glad . Thank you.
We have no idea right now but historically Avalon has always been on top with reliability and quality. They're one of the most reliable modern miners you can get right now. Still not worth paying a huge premium for the A8 still though imo.

If you're in the United States Blokforge is a legit distributor of miners. They're supposedly starting sales on the 26th.
Paying a huge premium wouldn't make sense, you could just buy more S9s and consider them spares (while they mine of course Smiley). I really want to buy a higher quality product from a good distribution network, I'm hoping price is right and I'll put my order.
Problem is distributors will probably mark up the prices to higher than direct. From what I can tell they'll be around the $3000 mark or up which is pretty ridiculous even for a quality product. Hopefully Avalon and their distributors will change their minds about pricing.
They probably wont. Last bitmain S9 batch went pretty quickly for $2750. They will sell just fine at 3k, probably even at 4k, so why in hell would they sell it for less? Would you do that?
It'd be nice if they did. Not saying that they will do anything of the sort, but here's to hoping that they might. They've always been priced above Bitmain, so it'll be a small miracle if prices go even near that of Bitmain's.
December 24, 2017, 08:10:59 PM

legendary
Bitcoin FTW!
December 24, 2017, 07:47:57 PM

December 24, 2017, 07:42:44 PM

legendary
Bitcoin FTW!
December 24, 2017, 07:39:57 PM

Activity: 158
Merit: 103
December 24, 2017, 06:32:23 PM
So much hate about Bitmain, but at the of the day... Bitmain was holding prices low in the asic market until these days with very reasonable ROI.
legendary
Bitcoin FTW!
December 24, 2017, 05:33:39 PM
When does a ROI of more than a year ever make sense?

Especially on something as risky as a product that can swing a price range of 40% in 1 day?

This unit needs to be sub $2000
It doesn't. Avalon is simply following in the tracks of Bitmain and trying to get as much money as possible from these units ATM. When ROI gets above that point I simply skip the product. Anything less than a year is decent for me, anything over I don't consider.
legendary
December 24, 2017, 04:16:14 PM
Wow, at $3-4K per miner, that's going to take over a year ROI, especially with the difficulty going up each month. And if BTC keeps falling, it's going to take even longer! People been snatching up miners on ebay for over $4K because BTC was skyrocketing to $20K! Well, it's dropped a lot since it hit the high. Just last month the S9 was under $1500 & the A741 was under $1K and BTC was over $8K; so people buying new miners then could still make over 200% ROI in a year even after deducting power costs. Now that's all changed with the miners doubling and tripling in price and BTC falling. So people are going to reassess whether it's still profitable to buy a miner or not. Though you'll still get that 1 in 10 who'll buy at the high end and at any price!  Shocked

That's why the companies selling the picks and shovels for digital gold are making out like bandits; just as the people who sold them to the miners back then in the 1850s gold rush. Wink

eBay pricing on miners doesn't count - folks ALWAYS try to gouge there, and far too often get away with it due to folks with more money than sense.

Most miners are BADLY spoiled, an ROI of less than a year is AMAZINGLY FANTASTICALLY GOOD when you compare it to most things you can invest your money into.
 Tradeoff is that it IS higher risk than most of those other investments.

If Bitcoin stays above $12000, an 821/841 or S9 should easily achieve ROI in a year at the $3000 level (presuming the S9 don't lose a hashboard or die) if you have a SANE electric price to mine with.

Folks paying over 5c/kwh are killing THEIR OWN chance at ROI if they insist on mining Bitcoin itself through excessive overhead cost.

Pages:
Jump to: