Pages:
Author

Topic: [Avalon Asic] trade-in Thread - page 4. (Read 43606 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
September 05, 2013, 02:17:44 AM
9/4/2013;  Yifu has still not honored trade-in agreement.  My trade-ins have still not been added to my store account.
legendary
Activity: 966
September 04, 2013, 11:11:18 PM
They were indeed delivered today.

It would have been nice to have had them in May, or even July.  Still I'm glad to have them now.

Still hoping for the rest of you.
legendary
September 03, 2013, 08:17:13 PM
Congrats guys on your trade-ins.  It has been a long slog.  Nice to see that their might be a light at the end of the tunnel.

It is pitch black here.

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Activity: 406
Merit: 254
September 03, 2013, 04:26:17 PM
Yifu can you please give us an answer about ours trade-in?
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
September 02, 2013, 05:38:44 PM
Congrats guys on your trade-ins.  It has been a long slog.  Nice to see that their might be a light at the end of the tunnel.
legendary
September 02, 2013, 03:55:34 PM
I have some good news guys. I almost can't believe it  Shocked but I got an e-mail from the Avalon store that a new note with tracking info has been added to my account!

Even though it took forever kudos to the Avalon team for at least doing the right thing in the end. Yifu/Avalon team, if I hurt your feelings with my angry outbursts, I'm sorry. I hope you can see thing from my (and many others) point of view.

I hope to see everyone else's trade-in units shipped soon.

Nice!

No email here, and the order status in the store is still "trade-in-on-hold", but it now shows a note added:

"Saturday 31st of August 2013, 04:52am DHL:xxxxxxxxxx"

Looking up the tracking number shows "Shipment information received", with the shipment originating in PRC.

So, uh... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  :woot:

Hmm, I find it odd that the package hasn't moved. When I got sent my batch 3 unit it was moving even on a Saturday or Sunday.

It took some time, but it shows movement now.  It's made it to HK.

I hope you guys get yours invoiced, paid, shipped, and hashing soon.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 02, 2013, 09:26:02 AM

Don't buy KNC. It wasn't until very recently that they clarified that when they say they're going to self-mine, they'll only self-mine a max of 5% of the hashrate sold to customers. Most people didn't even know they were going to self-mine.

BS it's been on their FAQ from the very start. At least they are honest. Learn to read.

https://www.kncminer.com/pages/faq

Why are you selling the Miners and don’t mine yourself (will you use the miners for mining yourself)?

We are mining ourselves, but we believe in the bitcoin project and a diversified market is the best for all parties. We will continue to mine but we do not believe in a monopoly of miners. We will not mine with more than 5% of the hash rate we sell, and we will never mine with customer hardware.
September 01, 2013, 04:15:32 PM
What a jackass. 5 months nothing.  Nothing added to my store account.  Took 4 months to receive my 2 x batch #3 as well.

Avalon has horrible customer support.
Activity: 406
Merit: 254
September 01, 2013, 02:41:43 PM
Still nothing Undecided

What frustrates me the most, is that we are those "VERY SPECIAL CLIENTS"... yes we sure are...
I guess this was just a joke, to make us feel bad...

If we reiceive this asic in a month or so.. it wont even ROI..

This is depressing Cry

It would make sense if we would receive some bonus, maybe a fifth module... or something in the second gen asic, but i guess it wont happen.

Well, Thnx Yifu for at least speaking with us.
This silence was killing us
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
September 01, 2013, 09:43:08 AM
Yeah I knew KNC was going to self-mine though. I don't think it's a big deal as long as they don't over-compete with their customers and as long as they publicly state what hashing rate they will launch on the network (and give us a way of keeping track of it - signing blocks, publishing pool info, etc). Avalon also said they will not mine with their equipment (or should I say OUR equipment) but they still did. I have a suspicion that every manufacturer self-mines to some extent and some are better than others at hiding it. The temptation to do this is very strong. It is unethical if you specifically said you will not mine on the main net with your own hardware, but who is going to really police them?

As for not buying KNC, lol, it's a bit too late for that. Hopefully it will pan out and not turn into another Avalon/BFL affair cause if that happens I might just go crazy.

Ok, so anyone else besides me and Bogart got tracking info yet? greaterninja? You've been taken care of?

Activity: 88
Merit: 37
August 31, 2013, 06:45:54 PM
I'm a bit more than disappointed. I sent them 60+ btc and got nothing to show for it. Had I known I would've spend those btc elsewhere.

Go "talk" to him (or his relatives)...

Notice bars on the windows.  Must be the place  Wink

Look. People. Don't pull this thug bullcrap, okay? Threatening someone is not going to make him even the slightest bit *more* interested in helping you. They're having problems, with exactly people like this, visiting relatives and making demands. Not cool man.

Yeah as much as it pains me to say this I think we're never going to see the trade-in units, and if we do it will be at a point where they'll be worthless.

I highly value my Icarus. I would be personally happy to pay the shipping costs to get my Icarus boards back from China. I would have basically no issues if I could have them back.

I don't think we would even want them now. With that btc we can get something better - like maybe a KNC group buy shares, or who knows what else. The point is they already broke their promise on several accounts, and now doing it to us again is essentially theft.

Don't buy KNC. It wasn't until very recently that they clarified that when they say they're going to self-mine, they'll only self-mine a max of 5% of the hashrate sold to customers. Most people didn't even know they were going to self-mine.

There are some crazy mofos out there and hopefully he doesn't get his ass shot for some stupid chips.

So Yifu, hurry with the refunds, I got other manufacturers that want/deserve my business more.

:-( Yeah don't do this.
August 31, 2013, 04:56:57 PM
I still do not have my trade ins added to my store account.  I haved created like 15 tickets.  I am out like about 2000.  Not cool at all. 8/31/3013
legendary
August 31, 2013, 01:31:35 PM
I have some good news guys. I almost can't believe it  Shocked but I got an e-mail from the Avalon store that a new note with tracking info has been added to my account!

Even though it took forever kudos to the Avalon team for at least doing the right thing in the end. Yifu/Avalon team, if I hurt your feelings with my angry outbursts, I'm sorry. I hope you can see thing from my (and many others) point of view.

Nice!

No email here, and the order status in the store is still "trade-in-on-hold", but it now shows a note added:

Looking up the tracking number shows "Shipment information received", with the shipment originating in PRC.

Hmm, I find it odd that the package hasn't moved. When I got sent my batch 3 unit it was moving even on a Saturday or Sunday.

legendary
August 20, 2013, 11:29:19 AM
I wonder in which parallel universe the trade-ins "are being processed"....

They know there is no Gen 2 for them.  The competition is heating up and they will not be able to compete on any level as a business.
They fucked up and it will be next to impossible to regain the trust.   Even if they announce the new chip tomorrow, most people will ignore them.
I think BFL did not get too many Monarch orders, same will be with Avalon.

So who knows, maybe they sold the chips to the highest bidder and planned their retirement, personal security etc.

There are plenty of Avalon chips from "Albanian" sources on Alibaba  Wink

For me the first red flag was when they ignored cgminer developers (Kano and Con) and refused to give them the hardware.  I could not believe
it.  Kano and Con offered to work on S/W for free, and this guy said he does not care what they do in their spare time.  WTF.  I ignored that
one.  I thought, well, Kano just picked up a sparring partner.  In retrospect, this was a mistake.  Any reasonable h/w maker would send out units to Kano, Con and Luke-Jr so that both cgminer and bfgminer are supported off the bat.

The second red flag was when one of the first trade-in customers reported problem with custom duties (right here in this thread), Yifu came in and said the customer is lying and if he wants he can refuse to honor the trade-in.  Some customers, reported their packages returned because Yifu employee did not want to pay $20 for duty.  My package was already in transit at that time so I did not have a choice. Paid BTC5 coins to settle the duties for my package.

In all, I lost my Icarus boards, about BTC7.5 coins in shipping & duties.  And this guy issues "news" that trade-ins are being processed?
He has some nerves, I tell you.

EDIT: I left a negative feedback for this guy.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=68196
legendary
August 31, 2013, 01:30:17 PM
I have some good news guys. I almost can't believe it  Shocked but I got an e-mail from the Avalon store that a new note with tracking info has been added to my account!

You dont need to feel sorry. most of the promised value of the tradein program were destroyed by the delay.

That is sad, but very much true Sad

I can only hope these will pay for themselves in BTC terms (69 btc for me). We shall see.
legendary
August 20, 2013, 08:20:36 AM
Wonderfull Avalon news for the special ones:

"...In addition, the trade-in and refunds are being processed."

I guess you need to be really special to believe this. Tongue

(waiting 4+ months now on a confirmation/offer for the hardware I traded in)

They should really not say stuff like that.  Makes them look like they are trying to convince someone.

Just ignore what they say, watch what they do.

I tell you what should have had happened. 

When Mr. Chen got our boards, after a two/three week trade-in window, he should have emailed the list back to Yifu,
Yifu should have checked the list against ngzhang database of customers, clean it up and send out notifications and
ship avalons.

Failure to do anything, even a simple email, was all across.  It seems like Yifu hates business so much that he refuses to follow any
common business practices.

donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
August 31, 2013, 12:43:24 PM
I have some good news guys. I almost can't believe it  Shocked but I got an e-mail from the Avalon store that a new note with tracking info has been added to my account!

You dont need to feel sorry. most of the promised value of the tradein program were destroyed by the delay.
legendary
August 31, 2013, 11:14:17 AM

Nice!

legendary
Activity: 1064
August 31, 2013, 04:44:07 AM
No address to pay at my account.

1500 USD / 133 ( http://bitcoinaverage.com/#USD )

Tradein price today = 11.278195489  ROI still at risk.

edit: what about paying after I get the machines here? Its not confortable anymore sending bitcoins without knowing for sure when ill get the units.
Im pretty sure everyone feels the same. You should try this trust exercise this time, it will pump your Chi to the moon.
Pages:
Jump to: