Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon ASIC users thread - page 4. (Read 438335 times)

Activity: 334
Merit: 250
November 20, 2015, 04:28:03 PM
It looks to me like zoomhash and kilo17 had their orders delay and or poached .

WELL  I hope someone gets one .  I am tired of the games.  That the builders and merchants do to the buyers.

Phil! Long time not see. You know us. We do not play games. All orders were shipped and all tracking shows movement.

We even included a free Rpi for all Batch 1 orders. Just because.

Anyways, for everyone that has a problem. quote me here and ill investigate.
Activity: 334
Merit: 250
November 20, 2015, 04:25:51 PM
So the price was raised on zoomhash but now comes with a pi

I wonder if they will honor my original price on the order they cancelled on me

On the S7's the answer was no.

Wow that's pretty shady for them to do.

I think I'll order with oregonmines since they are local. Albeit a bit more than zoomhash but I don't have to wait on shipping

BTW, we included a FREE Rpi for all the original orders. Anyways, PM if you guys have any questions or concerns.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
November 20, 2015, 05:37:30 AM
Avalon has a direct price now - but 10 bitcoins for a single Avalon 6 is just insane.

They obviously have ZERO interest in selling direct.

That "magazine" article was not very good one, too many inaccuracies and the pricing they quoted seemed to be pretty outdated AND WRONG, as the Avalon 6 has NEVER been quoted at a price less per TH than the S7.

I'm still in "wait and see" mode, my current estimate on RoI at the current pricing on the S7 or the Avalon 6 is ZERO chance to ever come close to RoI on either machine at my 7.5c/KWH electric cost - and as bitcoin price seems inclined to continue to slowly drop back down to the well-under-$300 range that probability is dropping with it.

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
November 20, 2015, 02:20:02 AM

Wow that's pretty shady for them to do.

I think I'll order with oregonmines since they are local. Albeit a bit more than zoomhash but I don't have to wait on shipping
Activity: 687
Merit: 511
November 20, 2015, 02:11:49 AM

yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
November 19, 2015, 11:03:19 PM
For my European fellow miners:

We will get them in stock soon (Scheduled Delivery: Tuesday, 24.11.2015, By End of Day)
You can pay with PayPal, SEPA, Bitcoin, shipping from Germany.
Or you are welcome to pick them up personally.

VAT free delivery is possible if you are VAT registered.

http://asicminer-shop.de/Avalon-6-35-TH-s_1
legendary
November 19, 2015, 10:11:08 PM

legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
November 19, 2015, 09:38:46 PM
I was on the fence about ordering one but after hearing of all these cancellations I'm kind of turned off.  I really like the idea of being able to pay with Paypal and indirectly convert my Paypal money into bitcoins.  I think it's just my will power wearing away that makes me want to buy one but I'm trying really hard to resist.
November 19, 2015, 06:59:18 PM
sorry to hear they cancelled .  buying gear can be hard to do.

Ah, Bitcoin mining - in what other world is it hard to spend money in?  Wink
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
November 19, 2015, 06:47:10 PM
sorry to hear they cancelled .  buying gear can be hard to do.
November 19, 2015, 06:09:47 PM
the feeling i got was that they prefer only to sell in bulk to farms and these small 5,10,15 orders are a waste of their time. I asked about a discount on 10 and was told they would knock $150 off (of their already overpriced) shipping, or 1% discount.

I don't know about that - I think if you're buying more than 10, you generally just go directly to the manufacturer.  The Avalon is a notable exception, with BlockC having exclusive distribution - but as you can see, their MOQ is 10, so really Zoomhash's business is to buy these blocks of 10 and part them out - which is what translates into the price.

Personally, I've found Zoomhash's prices to be fair and their support to be good - but their tenancy to just cancel orders is basically a dealkiller for me.  I pay the premium for a reason - I understand that sometimes business situations change, but at least offer me a discount or something to keep my business after you screw up what I'm trying to do.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
November 19, 2015, 10:18:21 AM
the feeling i got was that they prefer only to sell in bulk to farms and these small 5,10,15 orders are a waste of their time. I asked about a discount on 10 and was told they would knock $150 off (of their already overpriced) shipping, or 1% discount.
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
November 19, 2015, 01:38:14 AM
i ordered 5 from zoomhash last friday. monday morning they cancelled my order, no reason given.  Talked to bob and he had me reorder mon night. got confirmation and went to bed. I got up tuesday and order #2 was cancelled, blaming credit card acceptance issues on their end They then had me place a 3rd order tuesday afternoon using paypal. Was told they were in stock ready to ship. Got call tue night saying they all sold and were already shipped but I could get some of the 2nd batch coming in later this week shipping out on friday. I tried to get them to use expedited shipping at my expense or allow me to handle shipping (where i get a huge corporate discount), but they apparently dont do/allow that and only use ups ground . thats 6-7 days to get to me via ups standard ground.

sounds like they need some stock management training.. if they cant keep tabs on what they have to what they can sell.. Hell, if i was this "Bob" I'd keep the order in and Honour the deal next time there is stock in, even if the price doubled in the mean time..

But hey, this is zoomhash we are talking about here, at least they are not keeping your money and disappearing.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
November 18, 2015, 11:04:43 PM
i ordered 5 from zoomhash last friday. monday morning they cancelled my order, no reason given.  Talked to bob and he had me reorder mon night. got confirmation and went to bed. I got up tuesday and order #2 was cancelled, blaming credit card acceptance issues on their end They then had me place a 3rd order tuesday afternoon using paypal. Was told they were in stock ready to ship. Got call tue night saying they all sold and were already shipped but I could get some of the 2nd batch coming in later this week shipping out on friday. I tried to get them to use expedited shipping at my expense or allow me to handle shipping (where i get a huge corporate discount), but they apparently dont do/allow that and only use ups ground . thats 6-7 days to get to me via ups standard ground.
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
November 18, 2015, 10:45:30 PM
I would be careful with zoomhash. I purchased 3x Antminer s5 used from them and I had two units DOA and then they sent me two more and one had dead chips. Finally got that one back from them and then it started going so I sold it for cheap. Anyways this took months after my purchase to finally get all my miners online like i wanted. and i had to pay to ship the miners back after they poorly packaged them. It was a nightmare.

you did buy the 2nd hand refurbished 3x S5 pack yes? I would expect that to be the luck of the draw.. yes they can power them up at their workshop, but they may be faulty since they didn't fully test them..

So they canceled my order last night

Refunded my PayPal just an hour ago

PayPal says 3-5biz days for refund to clear back into my account

What a bunch of BS.. Wonder why zoomhash didn't just keep my order, now they want me to place my order again Friday to ship out Friday

Doesn't make any sense

did you contact them to find out why? were they out of stock and didn't update the page? was there a issue with the final checkout?
legendary
November 18, 2015, 10:37:29 PM
So they canceled my order last night

Refunded my PayPal just an hour ago

PayPal says 3-5biz days for refund to clear back into my account

What a bunch of BS.. Wonder why zoomhash didn't just keep my order, now they want me to place my order again Friday to ship out Friday

Doesn't make any sense
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
November 18, 2015, 10:13:35 PM
Mine shipped from Zoomhash today!!
Activity: 994
Merit: 504
November 18, 2015, 04:24:24 AM
do you know if zoomhash shippes worldwide? i don't see any refference on this subject on their site.tx
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
November 18, 2015, 02:33:32 AM
I would be careful with zoomhash. I purchased 3x Antminer s5 used from them and I had two units DOA and then they sent me two more and one had dead chips. Finally got that one back from them and then it started going so I sold it for cheap. Anyways this took months after my purchase to finally get all my miners online like i wanted. and i had to pay to ship the miners back after they poorly packaged them. It was a nightmare.
November 18, 2015, 02:11:40 AM
Zoomhash cancelled my order and bob called me to say he had to cancel it since they are out of stock til Friday afternoon.

Said to redo my order on Friday

They did the same thing with a bunch of S7's I bought from them - no emails or nothing, just suddenly got the refund notifications from PayPal, and I had to call them to get them to refund my BTC.

While Bob was nice enough, it left me with a pretty bad taste for using them - I purchased from them instead of Bitmain direct because I thought it would be less of a hassle on import.  Instead I got nothing and missed the batch closing because they didn't refund until AFTER the batch closed.  Pretty lame.
Pages:
Jump to: