Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon ASIC users thread - page 10. (Read 438335 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
October 27, 2015, 08:47:38 AM
Not sure where the best place to post this but I am interested in purchasing multiples of TP-Link TL-WR703N devices if you are done with them.
Contact me if you have any, thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001
September 19, 2015, 09:50:00 PM
Ok So I am a bit confused, I just received an avalon 4.1 and I have downloaded the iso for pi from http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/software/avalon4/openwrt/latest/ and burnt the image to an sd card and put it in my pi. The pi is not showing up on my connected devices list for some reason, it is ethernet directly to my router and I can't get an IP to connect to for the web gui, am I missing a step here?

Okay so I have the pi and the software working but and it is set to a static IP but when I try to ping I get Waiting for command to complete... and then it gets a bad address. So I am not sure what in my settings to change to make it work correctly.

If you know that the pi and the software are working, I have the idea that you can telnet into the pi, and you can ping from your desktop machine or router to the pi.  Is this true?

Activity: 257
Merit: 250
August 27, 2015, 05:27:02 PM
The Ghetto Bundle made me lol man. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1173
August 27, 2015, 08:45:38 AM
yeah hes sending me out a raspberry pi, hopefully he can get it out today.. i have 2 avalon's just sitting here collecting dust Sad
Do you have any interest in selling one, or both of those?

No but I got mine from Holyscott (holybitcoin.com)

He has a few left
Thanks! I haven't been able to find anymore.
legendary
Activity: 1050
August 27, 2015, 12:19:14 AM
yeah hes sending me out a raspberry pi, hopefully he can get it out today.. i have 2 avalon's just sitting here collecting dust Sad

No but I got mine from Holyscott (holybitcoin.com)

He has a few left
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
August 26, 2015, 10:32:30 PM
Heads-up: Canaan Creative have a completely revamped website presence.  As part of this change, Canaan Creative will be shutting down their forums at http://bbs.canaan-creative.com/ on September 26th, 2015.
If you have any posts, files, etc. there that you would like to keep, please be sure to archive them when you can (connectivity to the forum is spotty at best).

While I think it's a shame they're shutting it down (instead of just making it read-only and unlisted), at least they are announcing this well ahead of time, which is more than I can say for KnC, BFL and others.

Does anyone know if I can get the 4.1 to run off windows 7 with cgminer?
I don't see why not, but hopefully philipma1957 can say for sure.

it is on its way. I just got back from post office.

I loved my 4.1's should have kept them.  But with my power costs in the summer I had to sell them off.

I love my Avalon 4.1's.   They are truly one of the few miners that quietness was there.  I have had a lot of miners and most are loud, just a fact of mining.

But this winter if I need to heat a room it likely will be with the 4.1's as so little noise.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
August 26, 2015, 05:23:38 PM
Heads-up: Canaan Creative have a completely revamped website presence.  As part of this change, Canaan Creative will be shutting down their forums at http://bbs.canaan-creative.com/ on September 26th, 2015.
If you have any posts, files, etc. there that you would like to keep, please be sure to archive them when you can (connectivity to the forum is spotty at best).

While I think it's a shame they're shutting it down (instead of just making it read-only and unlisted), at least they are announcing this well ahead of time, which is more than I can say for KnC, BFL and others.

it is on its way. I just got back from post office.

I loved my 4.1's should have kept them.  But with my power costs in the summer I had to sell them off.
legendary
August 26, 2015, 05:19:25 PM
legendary
August 26, 2015, 04:42:23 PM

legendary
August 26, 2015, 08:39:18 AM

Thanks for sharing that.  I have been wondering what is going on over at Avalon when our 4.1 group buy was never able to work out.  Then they put up the info of the mini, but never put a price tag on it.

I like what they put together, but the lack of information on developments, and seeming to always be priced much higher than the competition confuses me.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
August 26, 2015, 07:56:05 AM

legendary
August 25, 2015, 11:32:14 PM
legendary
June 30, 2015, 12:24:35 PM
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
June 30, 2015, 09:53:04 AM
The chip is the same as in the Avalon 4.1
Im wondering if we will be able to overclock it to get near 20 gh per chip?  Grin
FUN > ROI
June 30, 2015, 09:31:19 AM
Middle config doesn't seem to make much sense:
Chip frequency
Core voltage
legendary
June 30, 2015, 12:03:01 AM
Any links or info.  I certainly would love to get a few.  I would do a long thread. I did look at the wiki  and can not see anything new.
I'm half hoping they'll get listed at the official store at some point - though right now that's having issues.

In the wiki you can click on View History in the top, and then compare revisions to see what's actually changed.  tl;dr: how to firmware upgrade instructions+pic for which pins on the controller to short for the process.

yeah I finally figured  it out.  also I can't get the store to work so they are upgrading it. I hope to see it soon.
I couldn't load the store over the weekend either so they are definitely working something up.  I wouldn't mind seeing a 500 Gh/s 4.1 clone doing < 200 watts(highly doubtful to see this), along with a "mini" miner.  Grin

Edit: & it's up. 78 gh/s 32.4 w
still can't seem to order one. I have been trying for a few hours.
legendary
June 29, 2015, 02:39:24 PM
Any links or info.  I certainly would love to get a few.  I would do a long thread. I did look at the wiki  and can not see anything new.
I'm half hoping they'll get listed at the official store at some point - though right now that's having issues.

In the wiki you can click on View History in the top, and then compare revisions to see what's actually changed.  tl;dr: how to firmware upgrade instructions+pic for which pins on the controller to short for the process.

yeah I finally figured  it out.  also I can't get the store to work so they are upgrading it. I hope to see it soon.
I couldn't load the store over the weekend either so they are definitely working something up.  I wouldn't mind seeing a 500 Gh/s 4.1 clone doing < 200 watts(highly doubtful to see this), along with a "mini" miner.  Grin

Edit: & it's up. 78 gh/s 32.4 w
legendary
June 29, 2015, 12:48:59 PM
Any links or info.  I certainly would love to get a few.  I would do a long thread. I did look at the wiki  and can not see anything new.

In the wiki you can click on View History in the top, and then compare revisions to see what's actually changed.  tl;dr: how to firmware upgrade instructions+pic for which pins on the controller to short for the process.

yeah I finally figured  it out.  also I can't get the store to work so they are upgrading it. I hope to see it soon.
FUN > ROI
June 29, 2015, 12:35:02 PM
Any links or info.  I certainly would love to get a few.  I would do a long thread. I did look at the wiki  and can not see anything new.

In the wiki you can click on View History in the top, and then compare revisions to see what's actually changed.  tl;dr: how to firmware upgrade instructions+pic for which pins on the controller to short for the process.
legendary
June 29, 2015, 12:10:48 PM
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org