Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon Nano 3 [unofficial thread] - page 3. (Read 6166 times)

?
Activity: -
Merit: -
August 27, 2024, 08:27:33 AM
Hi,
have two Nano 3
after updating one to 24071801_42c628d Firmware (latest?) it looking for me that's a litte bit unstable against the older Version
looking for Firmware 24032701_48bd3a6 for downloading
Thank you
Activity: 112
Merit: 31
Coin, Coin, Bitcoin
August 24, 2024, 04:40:42 PM
My nano3 today stopped working.
Display says nonsupport adapter but im using genuine canaan supplied power supply plus tried different ones from other nano3 i have.

Any idea what to do? I tried reset but still same issue.

Were you able to recover from that problem? Did you try restarting the device? There is a log menue in the lower left side in the UI. You may want to download and look into them.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 2792
Escrow Service
August 24, 2024, 03:34:52 PM
Hi,
  have you noticed anomalies on the ckpool statistics when using an Avalon nano3? in particular, do you see the same "bestshare" and "bestever" with the nano3 cgminer log?

B10
Take a look into the statistic page from our solo Mining group.
I see on nano3 devices different numbers

https://solorun.lima.zone/

Looks all normal from my side

Best regards,
Willi

Activity: 53
Merit: 10
August 23, 2024, 05:46:18 AM
Hi,
  have you noticed anomalies on the ckpool statistics when using an Avalon nano3? in particular, do you see the same "bestshare" and "bestever" with the nano3 cgminer log?

B10
Activity: 4
Merit: 1
August 23, 2024, 04:14:17 AM
My nano3 today stopped working.
Display says nonsupport adapter but im using genuine canaan supplied power supply plus tried different ones from other nano3 i have.

Any idea what to do? I tried reset but still same issue.
?
Activity: -
Merit: -
August 21, 2024, 02:35:23 AM
A little help with the Nano 3 please.

All hooked up and connected to my Wifi

Setup my pool etc

Display keeps showing the Please Check Internet symbol, but all is good with my system and the Nano 3 appears on my network, etc.

I cannot get it to mine on any pool.

Mining Status is Fine / Green circle but Network status is 0 ms and red circle, says no active pool or workers.

I can control the miner from the GUI and a IOS app so it is clearly connected.

Any ideas?

I had the same problem with Starlink. A quck fix is to run through a VPN

How does that work? I have the same problem
Network status is on 0ms. Can access the miner through the GUI and app. Also no active pool or workers.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
August 19, 2024, 12:05:48 AM

Setup my pool etc

Display keeps showing the Please Check Internet symbol, but all is good with my system and the Nano 3 appears on my network, etc.

Mining Status is Fine / Green circle but Network status is 0 ms and red circle, says no active pool or workers.

Any ideas?

I had the same problem with Starlink. A quck fix is to run through a VPN
Activity: 1
August 08, 2024, 05:39:50 PM
wouldn't let me post, so.... kept triggering some security block... too many code blocks? idk anyway...
Managed to get some encryption related things from the firmware and hashed sshd creds... if someone can decrypt the hashes, all of you running the sshd and telnet enabled image will have commandline access over ssh.
https://afflicted.sh/avalon_nano_3.html

I did some digging and wrote a report on my own page. If not allowed, delete np.
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
August 07, 2024, 05:18:24 PM
So.... I got my first Avalone Nano 3.
I didn't have a any right PSU so I bought Dell laptop charger and works flawlessly.

I've been solo mining in millspools for BCH for while now..... for with no sign of hitting the block.

Pools hashrate is 7.807 PH/s and network difficulty is 516.886 G... I'm start to thinking I'm just push my luck here.

I'm thinking switch to solo mining Doge coin.... Seem to be less difficult and but same payout as BCH.

EDIT:
Never mind, someone in reddit mentioned you can't mine Doge with SHA256 devices.
So I guess BCH as it is.

So, main question is... If I only got 1 Avalone Nano 3.
What you guys recommended to get most out of this thing?
Everyone in a youtube or reddit talks about solo mining and pretty much only talk about solo mining
but is there anyway to get most profit out of pool mining?

I'm asking this because I never mined before until I got this device here....

If I stuck with only 1 machine to solo mining, what you guys also recommend to do?

I'm thinking buy more to increase the odds and solo mining other coin too though....

point it to nicehash and mine btc just hodl the coins best case is btc goes up.
Activity: 6
August 07, 2024, 03:32:23 PM
You can take look here. A small group try to mine solo on btc and share the reward, if we find a block.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lottery-solo-pool-miner-race-on-ckpool-5478927

And here our live stats and member from the board

Geez, you guys assembled people to mine bitcoin together and share it???
That's crazy but ... I guess that's more practical than a solo mine BTC all by your self.
4TH would get you nowhere it seems anyway.

I'm in process of buying more Nano3's... eventually I'll leave one for BTC so I'll join you guys when I get one for BTC only.

Also, the list of contestant is good learning curve to know what other are using for solo mining beside Avalone Nano 3 anyway.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 2792
Escrow Service
August 07, 2024, 01:15:34 PM
You can take look here. A small group try to mine solo on btc and share the reward, if we find a block.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lottery-solo-pool-miner-race-on-ckpool-5478927

And here our live stats and member from the board

August 07, 2024, 01:12:59 PM
Well for one know that this area is for Bitcoin only - no crapcoins like BCH/Dodge/etc. Discussions about those belongs in the Alternate Cryptocurrencys area.

Do they have Avalon Nano 3 thread in there?
I guess I should make one huh.
Alright, I do that in mean time....
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 2656
Evil beware: We have waffles!
August 07, 2024, 12:38:18 PM
Well for one know that this area is for Bitcoin only - no crapcoins like BCH/Dodge/etc. Discussions about those belongs in the Alternate Cryptocurrencys area.
August 07, 2024, 11:41:35 AM
So.... I got my first Avalone Nano 3.
I didn't have a any right PSU so I bought Dell laptop charger and works flawlessly.

I've been solo mining in millspools for BCH for while now..... for with no sign of hitting the block.

Pools hashrate is 7.807 PH/s and network difficulty is 516.886 G... I'm start to thinking I'm just push my luck here.

I'm thinking switch to solo mining Doge coin.... Seem to be less difficult and but same payout as BCH.

EDIT:
Never mind, someone in reddit mentioned you can't mine Doge with SHA256 devices.
So I guess BCH as it is.

So, main question is... If I only got 1 Avalone Nano 3.
What you guys recommended to get most out of this thing?
Everyone in a youtube or reddit talks about solo mining and pretty much only talk about solo mining
but is there anyway to get most profit out of pool mining?

I'm asking this because I never mined before until I got this device here....

If I stuck with only 1 machine to solo mining, what you guys also recommend to do?

I'm thinking buy more to increase the odds and solo mining other coin too though....
Coin, Coin, Bitcoin
August 06, 2024, 08:26:46 AM
If anyone needs to recover his Nano 3 the tool has finally be published on https://static.canaan.io/prod/u_file/2408/06/file/AvalonNano3_Recovery_Tool_V1.0.zip.

To be hones, getting support from Canaan is a pain. I would highly recommend downloading this tool and storing it somewhere for issues in the feature. Since the announcement of these tools it took them weeks to provide a download link.
Coin, Coin, Bitcoin
August 04, 2024, 05:00:40 AM

Setup my pool etc

Any ideas?

You could share a screenshot of your overview/network page.
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
August 03, 2024, 08:16:35 PM

Setup my pool etc

Any ideas?

your router is blocking it from the outside world
or your internet provider is blocking it from the outside world.

on your own network it can be seen.

you are going to need to going your router and figure out a good setting
or possibly see if the internet provider has a firewall up.
Activity: 125
Merit: 10
Don’t do a screen name after 4 glasses of Chianti
August 03, 2024, 11:49:39 AM

Setup my pool etc

Any ideas?

Coin, Coin, Bitcoin
August 03, 2024, 03:45:08 AM
Does anyone know where the tools Canaan announced can be downloaded? They announced everywhere but they didn't share a download link.
Activity: 32
Merit: 6
August 02, 2024, 01:54:32 AM
That`s great, Thanks! Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: