Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon Store Batch 3 Status just went to "Refund Processing" - now "Completed" - page 16. (Read 19729 times)

legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1174
https://t.me/laser9un
I explained the situation to BitPay Support, here their answer:

"Chris Ernst (BitPay)
Jul 18 03:56 pm (EDT)
They may not be doing refunds through us and might have their own way to do it. We haven't heard anything yet about how they want to do that.
We can't give you a refund without Avalon asking us to. Have you asked them about the status of your refund?
Chris
BitPay Support"

IMHO, Avalon again play with us in strange manner.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
Updated the OP with refunds reported in the wild.
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
Has anyone actually received a refund yet?
Activity: 252
Agreed... A sane status would have been "Refund Pending"

That being said, I have no worries that a refund will show up... I think this was just a hack to allow shipping of B3 to get underway.

It would be irony if the refund timing is when BTC/USD value is the same as when we originally placed our B3 orders.  Grin
Shouldn't matter. They priced in bitcoin they should refund in bitcoin. Really that's what all asic companies should do.

No one buys BFL's silly rationale of giving USD refunds. If the price of bitcoin had gone down from when they first sold miners instead of up, who among us doubts they'd be offering the dollar equivalent in bitcoin instead with an equally self-serving rationale. It's all a self-protection strategy. Giving 1500btc refunds on a mini-rig today would break their bank, so of course they're giving USD refunds Tongue
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Has anyone opened a support ticket about this, or is waiting the name of the game?

Although, even with a ticket, probably still have to wait a week for Yifu to check the boards.

I just want my refund!

Edit: nevermind, submitted my own ticket. I don't know why it says refunded if no money was actually ever refunded. Will update when/if I hear anything.

We are all wondering why it says refunded with no actual refund. Maybe one of two things, first being it was a glitch in the refund process. Secondly well that scenario wouldn't be good, but we all know what it entails.

or... language barrier. 

"Refunded" to them means refund pending.  Just be patient.
Activity: 183
200 OK

That being said, I have no worries that a refund will show up... I think this was just a hack to allow shipping of B3 to get underway.

It would be irony if the refund timing is when BTC/USD value is the same as when we originally placed our B3 orders.  Grin

Then it was a 4 month interest free loan Tongue
Activity: 490
Merit: 255

Activity: 204
Don't be paranoid, they are just tagging the different accounts and orders that need to be refunded.

Thats needed to start sending Batch#3.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Has anyone opened a support ticket about this, or is waiting the name of the game?

Although, even with a ticket, probably still have to wait a week for Yifu to check the boards.

I just want my refund!

Edit: nevermind, submitted my own ticket. I don't know why it says refunded if no money was actually ever refunded. Will update when/if I hear anything.

We are all wondering why it says refunded with no actual refund. Maybe one of two things, first being it was a glitch in the refund process. Secondly well that scenario wouldn't be good, but we all know what it entails.

Don't be paranoid, they are just tagging the different accounts and orders that need to be refunded.
donator
Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015
https://blockchain.info/address/1BRMsYJ6eK9JxLCAneY4HZC5njRp3kSLEa so thats not enough to refund batch 3's? 44k coins is not a small number.

This is almost certainly a processing address. Even if it's not BitPay's or WalletBit's, it's likely owned by someone else.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10

I just want my refund!

Activity: 183
200 OK

I just want my refund!

Activity: 215
Merit: 101
I don't know but I love the google street view of the BitSyncom HQ http://imgur.com/27RLBf8
I own rental property a few blocks away from that house ... small world. Best investment I've ever made. People are paying a fortune to live in Sheepshead Bay.
Guys, may be this google form with our bitpay invoice urls was hacked by somebody and after the refund adresses was changed. Is it possible? I'm going crazy. Realy need BitSyncom explanation.
Did anyone's status change to 'refunded' who didn't ask for a refund?
legendary
I don't know but I love the google street view of the BitSyncom HQ http://imgur.com/27RLBf8

Something wrong with the windows  Smiley
legendary
Guys, maybe this google form with our bitpay invoice urls was hacked by somebody and after the refund adresses was changed. Is it possible? I'm going crazy. Realy need BitSyncom explanation.
44,228.18543341 BTC was the total amount that passed through this wallet. 600 units x 74.46 = 44676. Give or take a messed up transactions and add some 4 modules and you would seem to end up with almost the same number.

*I did speak with Bitpay also and they are not in control of any of the coins that passed through their service.
^^ Why is it only 36 BTC?

Nevermind, saw your edit

My new guess is that maybe they don't have enough BTC stored to refund everyone right away. Seems like at least 20 people got refunds. Probably more than that.
Disclaimer: pure speculation

https://blockchain.info/address/1BRMsYJ6eK9JxLCAneY4HZC5njRp3kSLEa so thats not enough to refund batch 3's?
Did you find that from mine's blockchain tx history? Or is this a known Bitsyncom addy. I seem to recall them disclaiming others who'd claimed to have found their huge cash of bitcoin, when in fact it was probably a Bitpay addy the whole time.

It would seem it was a distributing address. It does lead to a 10k wallet  with zero transactions. 19a6dd1f8a07da56704f9e8661854482e062667106207fe797fe3587d78c84932013-03-25 11:17:15 was the first transaction of the wallet address which was the same day as the batch 3 orders opened.
^^ Why is it only 36 BTC?

Nevermind, saw your edit

My new guess is that maybe they don't have enough BTC stored to refund everyone right away. Seems like at least 20 people got refunds. Probably more than that.
Disclaimer: pure speculation
It's more likely that they're just backlogged on the work of actually providing refunds than out of btc, I think.

How many refunds can one person process a day and also be sure they're not getting scammed for 100 btc. People sending partial information, or wrong information, people giving the wrong order# (as I almost did), etc.
Pages:
Jump to: