Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon Store Batch 3 Status just went to "Refund Processing" - now "Completed" - page 13. (Read 19723 times)

mem
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Herp Derp PTY LTD

* Avalon stated the would not premine, would not mine with clients equipment and would test (burnin) on testnet.  

Unfortunately this turned out to be a blatant lie.

see here for further details.

To be fair:

My Batch #2 Avalon had three pools configured by default with FAILOVER configured.  The first two pools appeared to be the internal testnet pools.  The third pool was this eligius pool.

Based on the flat line from 2nd June - 10 July its not like "they ran these for a month". 

I don't understand any reason why they should throw away perfectly good hashes.  What is the objection if the test is on a live pool, especially if we can all see it?  We know that the machines work, and that a lot of them existed last weekend (10 days ago).

hello ProfMac,

lets put this simply - Yifu publically stated they would not mine on main net with clients hardware. 
Secondly, the hardware is not his nor does it belong to his company - the company was bankrolled by the early investors/ preorders - they have no right or expectation to get free hashes on clients machines.

This is a very simple point.

Put simpler, Yifu stated they would not mine, people invested with this in mind, turned out Yifu is a blatant liar.
Activity: 560
Merit: 517
Lol, I've never slept so well in my life as when I had my avalon running in my bedroom. Now, I'm back to not sleeping a wink Sad
Get a white noise machine.  It's perfect for people who sleep better with some background, wind-like noise.  That particular model (I own one) generates a hollow, wind blowing through a cave, sound.  Covers the mid to high frequency range pretty well. 

That said, in my personal situation, I have to go a step further since my goal is not sleep assistance, but noise cancelling.  I have a huge subwoofer playing a looping white noise track off an old iPod.  The subwoofer fills my entire apartment with a dull drone, blocking almost all "apartment living" noises.  Very effective.  But for you, if sleep is the concern, that puppy linked above should be enough to slay your sleep demons.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Or maybe he just pretends to be innocent.

Oh I still believe he is of good faith and will, it's just very hard to control your business if you are not 24/7 at the location overseeing operations.

You can only pull this off if you can delegate certain responsibilities to other capable people in your team but past behavior has shown he has issues with that ;-)
I understand a man's capability is limited.
But when he got millions of dollars money from his customer, he has the responsibility to dealing the business well. Not only because the money, but also the faith or trust his customers gave him.
Unfortunately, From the beginning, I did not see the willing of making business better. Instead of it, only silence and ignoring.
legendary
Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

Oh I still believe he is of good faith and will, it's just very hard to control your business if you are not 24/7 at the location overseeing operations.

You can only pull this off if you can delegate certain responsibilities to other capable people in your team but past behavior has shown he has issues with that ;-)
Obviously Yifu is in NY and has no influence of what his minions are doing in CN, and obviously he also has no idea what they are doing behind his back.
legendary
Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000
I don't understand any reason why they should throw away perfectly good hashes.  What is the objection if the test is on a live pool, especially if we can all see it?  We know that the machines work, and that a lot of them existed last weekend (10 days ago).

This has been discussed over and over again last year, you are competing with your existing and future customers, driving up difficulty and reducing their profit.

Now, if they would redistribute the BTC 780 they gained this way by donating it to a development project or faucet, I guess it would soften the blow, but the point is Yifu personally said they would not do it and they are not doing it and they will never mine with the equipment.

Obviously Yifu is in NY and has no influence of what his minions are doing in CN, and obviously he also has no idea what they are doing behind his back.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

* Avalon stated the would not premine, would not mine with clients equipment and would test (burnin) on testnet.  

To be fair:

My Batch #2 Avalon had three pools configured by default with FAILOVER configured.  The first two pools appeared to be the internal testnet pools.  The third pool was this eligius pool.

Based on the flat line from 2nd June - 10 July its not like "they ran these for a month". 

Activity: 472

To be fair:

mem
Herp Derp PTY LTD
I've been out of the loop for a bit on bitcoin talk and Avalon over the last 3 or 4 months.  Why are people getting refunded on their batch 3's?  Is Avalon forcing them to take refunds, or are people looking for a refund on their own, and if so why?

This is my brief summary of the situation.

First of, Im deeply saddened to see Avalon degrade to near BFL standards - Yifu you had my respect but it is lost permanently now.

The issues:

* Avalon claimed numerous delays, sabotage, yifu not getting enough beauty sleep and supply issues.  

Turned out many of the orders being delivered had a thick layer of dust in them while others had none. This indicates the dust filled machines have been running for some time (dust accumulates inside PC cases when fans are running). So the delays were also bullshit.

* More delays, piss poor communication and a touch of bitchiness from Yifu soured opinions and faith in Avalon to the current point.

Surprise, Yifu's good will ran out so he turns into another BFL_Josh.

* Avalon offered refunds for batch #3 clients (thanks for the interest free loan suckers).

But unfortunately it seems unless you filled in a specific google doc  not mentioned in any of the support requests clients have logged before an arbitrary deadline your refund will be refused.

* Avalon stated that trade-in customers would be specially treated compare with batch#2 customers in April's newsletter.

Reality is, yes, they were treated specially, but, specially delayed more than even batch#3 customers.

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
The issues:

* Avalon claimed numerous delays, sabotage, yifu not getting enough beauty sleep and supply issues.  

Turned out many of the orders being delivered had a thick layer of dust in them while others had none. This indicates the dust filled machines have been running for some time (dust accumulates inside PC cases when fans are running). So the delays were also bullshit.

Not to mention the default Avalon mining software config has the following address as it's third load balancing pool:

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1AYdAw8CcrQ2wx55LTbFHRn5bxgNZhaRLW

I've been out of the loop for a bit on bitcoin talk and Avalon over the last 3 or 4 months.  Why are people getting refunded on their batch 3's?  Is Avalon forcing them to take refunds, or are people looking for a refund on their own, and if so why?

First of, Im deeply saddened to see Avalon degrade to near BFL standards - Yifu you had my respect but it is lost permanently now.

The issues:

* More delays, piss poor communication and a touch of bitchiness from Yifu soured opinions and faith in Avalon to the current point.

* Avalon offered refunds for batch #3 clients (thanks for the interest free loan suckers).

But unfortunately it seems unless you filled in a specific google doc  not mentioned in any of the support requests clients have logged before an arbitrary deadline your refund will be refused.

Add 1 item for you:
Avalon stated that trade-in customers would be specially treated compare with batch#2 customers in April's newsletter.
Reality is, yes, they were treated specially, but, specially delayed than even batch#3 customers.
mem
Herp Derp PTY LTD
I've been out of the loop for a bit on bitcoin talk and Avalon over the last 3 or 4 months.  Why are people getting refunded on their batch 3's?  Is Avalon forcing them to take refunds, or are people looking for a refund on their own, and if so why?

The issues:

But unfortunately it seems unless you filled in a specific google doc  not mentioned in any of the support requests clients have logged before an arbitrary deadline your refund will be refused.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
It will be interesting to see what they say in their next update.  So far there are a lot of disappointed groups that are going to be looking for information - refunds, tradeins and chip sales. 

Right now I see them prioritizing refunds near the bottom, as we have severed our relationship with them (well as customers - we still have a relationship as wanting our refunds).
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Just an update 32 days since my original refund request.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
one refund per week is a very slow rate.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001
Anyone get a full refund yet?

Did your status on the store go to "refunded"?
I did. And yes.

Through IAFCU, or bitfloor directly?

Not sure what either of those entities have to do with an Avalon refund--wrong thread? I original paid bitcoin through Bitpay. However it seems Bitpay was not involved in issuing the refund, so we assume they're processing them manually.

Yep, wrong thread.
Activity: 252
Sorry... yes.
I should have been more clean. 
Was wondering if anyone in "Refund Processing" got a full refund and had it go to "Refunded" state.
Last time I checked my status was "refunded." I suppose I can check again...

Anyone get a full refund yet?

Did your status on the store go to "refunded"?
I did. And yes.

Through IAFCU, or bitfloor directly?

Not sure what either of those entities have to do with an Avalon refund--wrong thread? I original paid bitcoin through Bitpay. However it seems Bitpay was not involved in issuing the refund, so we assume they're processing them manually.
I'm really surprised I'm the only reported refund. I wonder what could be going on over there. Maybe I was one of the first ones they did.
Activity: 1118
Merit: 541
let's be real, and over-clocked Avalon running fans 100% (4000 rpm) near where I sleep was just about as close to psychological torture as I think I've experienced yet.

Lol, I've never slept so well in my life as when I had my avalon running in my bedroom. Now, I'm back to not sleeping a wink Sad

Pages:
Jump to: