Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon Store Batch 3 Status just went to "Refund Processing" - now "Completed" - page 3. (Read 19723 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
One refund received; one outstanding.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
Still processing for me as well, hopefully they'll see my ticket and send my coins to the right address instead of the bitpay address I accidentally supplied on the google doc form   Cry
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
Still no refund. Store status is still "refund processing." Now there is a glimmer of hope... but I don't want to be left out.
Activity: 292
Confirmed by block chain.   Refund already has one confirmation.  Phew... That is a relief..

completely my fault there. I would visit forum more to see problems, but the noise...

Thank you for taking care of this. I can imagine it's not easy to sign into this board for you--however you tying things up means a lot to everyone.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
Well, we were starting to get worried.  Thanks for taking care of this.
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
Avalon ASIC Team
Confirmed by block chain.   Refund already has one confirmation.  Phew... That is a relief..

completely my fault there. I would visit forum more to see problems, but the noise...
Activity: 238
He posted this in another refund-related thread:

ok. this is pretty stupid of me, and completely my fault.

the system is designed to move cold storage to hot wallet -> then send out refunds.

but apparently the move failed and the script tried to send a bunch of refunds while the input contained no coins...

1000 coins have been moved and script resumed, I'm sure people should see refunds instantly and can vouch. and once I get back on location I can enable more coins to be moved and thus refund resumed.

again, I apologize for the long delay.
Got my refund! Thanks Yifu.
Update:  store status went to completed!

Will check block chain for more info.  Looks promising!
Activity: 183
200 OK
Now lets see if Yifu actually issues any of those refunds, this is starting to sound like nefario to me.

He hasn't refunded Batch 3 customers yet, what makes anyone think he'll honour chips refunds?

?? I'm pretty sure batch 3 customers got their refunds.

Good news everyone, apparently we all got our refunds!

Yeah... I wish. =\
Activity: 644
Now lets see if Yifu actually issues any of those refunds, this is starting to sound like nefario to me.

He hasn't refunded Batch 3 customers yet, what makes anyone think he'll honour chips refunds?

?? I'm pretty sure batch 3 customers got their refunds.

Good news everyone, apparently we all got our refunds!
Looks like the chips are actually starting to move out.

Remaining guardedly less pessimistic that this action is trending towards actual refund processing.
only one person refunded thus far.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Avalon update on August, 19th: "refunds are being processed"

Reality on August, 27th: no refund has been reported in here.

So, Avalon is either lying or the people is getting refunds and are not reporting back. Or maybe Avalon's english is so lousy they forget to add "soon" at the end of the sentence.

Pretty outrageous stuff nevertheless.

legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005
still only one person got refund?
can refunds keep up with the BTC price? I sure hope so.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Triple B Mining - triplebmining.com
Agreed...
over 20 tickets to Avalon
over 20 tickets to BITPAY
over 20 PM's and
OVER 20 msgs left on his cell number...
what response did I get...
yep ...
NONE!!!

This company is crap. Shame good solid box upgrade able and does what it says it does well... shame and a huge waste of talent and time... Triple B Mining is still kicking though and we have bigger and better stuff in the pipeline.
I ended up having to buy a 2nd hand batch three at cost to cover my contract... and no refund in sight...
No honor Yifu... None.

GM of Triple B Mining
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

I think he is still planning on delivering promised refunds (call me an optimist).
I think he is not processing refunds in a very calculated way.

By not being proactive on delivering refunds he is discouraging other customers from requesting refunds.

Chip buyers would rather have late chips than a promise of a refund that doesn't deliver.  At least you can minimize your losses with chips.
With no refund, you have that... nothing.

My assumption then (based on the first line)... is that refunds won't be processed in a significant way until the majority of the latest chip orders have been shipped.

Unfortunately I think your logic is spot on. I do think Yifu is a good guy and would not have the capacity to not make good on his business dealings, but you raise the point that if all of a sudden Avalon starts issuing refunds for B3, the chip buyers are going to start making demands as well.

Either way, going forward it's clear that a large majority of the supply of hash rate will emanate from a few key players (think ASICMiner/Giga/Lab/IceDrill/etc), and there will be less hobbyists running heat swamps in their homes. The USB-ASIC miners dating the Radeons are a huge boon for people who want to support the network cheaply, without any grandiose ideas of making a lot of money. Lady luck has been known to struck.

Anyways, I will be relieved when the refund is finally processed.

Makes no difference to chip buyers as he's already agreed to refund batch 3.

Sorry I no longer think Yifu is a good guy.

We've seen him promise refunds to be imminent, twice in the past two months.

We've seen photos of millions of Avalon chips ready and in Bitsyncom's possession, coupled with the tracking I'd that can be checked through an official site proving they were in receipt two months ago.

We've heard voices of discontent from former Bitsyncom members stating the chips have been ready since June, they split due to moral differences and Yifu is running around looking for private finance.

We've seen bulk chips available for real on the black market from some time July onwards.

We've seen silence from Yifu.

We've seen a shady PR move published in the Wall Street Journal backfire horrifically.

We've seen group buy bulk chip purchasers want legal action.

We've finally then had a flakey BS response from Yifu.

Still hardly any chips.

Still a wall of silence.

Still promises to refund.

But an acknowledgement he's in bed with private equity, that may well have a hand in chip delays.

Still no sign Yifu is in real control of anything as claimed other than the ability to ship sample chips.

We've seen movement finally in the group buy chip wallets, but not in the right direction.

The silence is a total unwillingness to be straight and honest, and avoid all responsibility to tell the truth.
Activity: 183
200 OK
I stopped visiting this board daily. It has done a lot for my patience.
I just assume "When it comes, it comes"... I do think Yifu will send the refunds ultimately, but who knows when.
I'm going to keep checking back once a week or so until then. Checking this place daily just makes me too anxious and annoyed, especially with the all the bullshit and speculation flying around all over the place.
Pages:
Jump to: