Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon Store Batch 3 Status just went to "Refund Processing" - now "Completed" - page 4. (Read 19723 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 255
Same here.

It looks like everyone is waiting on chip deliveries.... even the batch 3 miner refunders strangely enough.

Hopefully we will see an update from Yifu as to progress (since we are being optimistic and all)  Grin
Activity: 292
Merit: 250

I think he is still planning on delivering promised refunds (call me an optimist).
I think he is not processing refunds in a very calculated way.

By not being proactive on delivering refunds he is discouraging other customers from requesting refunds.

Chip buyers would rather have late chips than a promise of a refund that doesn't deliver.  At least you can minimize your losses with chips.
With no refund, you have that... nothing.

My assumption then (based on the first line)... is that refunds won't be processed in a significant way until the majority of the latest chip orders have been shipped.

Unfortunately I think your logic is spot on. I do think Yifu is a good guy and would not have the capacity to not make good on his business dealings, but you raise the point that if all of a sudden Avalon starts issuing refunds for B3, the chip buyers are going to start making demands as well.

Either way, going forward it's clear that a large majority of the supply of hash rate will emanate from a few key players (think ASICMiner/Giga/Lab/IceDrill/etc), and there will be less hobbyists running heat swamps in their homes. The USB-ASIC miners dating the Radeons are a huge boon for people who want to support the network cheaply, without any grandiose ideas of making a lot of money. Lady luck has been known to struck.

Anyways, I will be relieved when the refund is finally processed.
Activity: 237
Merit: 100

I think he is still planning on delivering promised refunds (call me an optimist).

By not being proactive on delivering refunds he is discouraging other customers from requesting refunds.

Chip buyers would rather have late chips than a promise of a refund that doesn't deliver.  At least you can minimize your losses with chips.

My assumption then (based on the first line)... is that refunds won't be processed in a significant way until the majority of the latest chip orders have been shipped.

I'm remaining optimistic about the refunds also. I will be much happier when it turns up though.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Or maybe he just ran away with everyone's money and is now in hiding. Just maybe.

Now where did I put that phone number for the local Chinese Mafia....hmm...........lost it!!!  Cheesy
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
The realist
Or maybe he just ran away with everyone's money and is now in hiding. Just maybe.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Activity: 245
Merit: 104
Bump again Sad Yifu please respond and let us know the status of our refunds... it's been a long time now and it's a lot of money for us to be waiting and wishing on.
Activity: 406
Merit: 254
Yifu, how much more should it take to process our refund?
You are making people waiting for more than a month, for a refund that will take 1 hour of your busy life.

Do you understand, that some people rely on this money?
No one knew that you will shit on your customers, and make them wait for a lifetime...

For instance my friend is waiting for a refund, because he should pay for his medical treatment.
Do you understand, that there could be different circumstances for each person that made an order?
that someone's life may be in danger because of your stupid behavior...

And if someone's gonna get hurt, karma will get your ass, and no money will be able to save you.

I still hope, that there's some humanity left in you, and you will process our refunds in a few days.

I know I filled it out twice (thinking it would update the same row in their Google spreadsheet).
First time I just used the txid since there wasn't enough time to get the bitpay url.
Once I got my bitpay uri I "updated" my request with the new info, even though it was after the imposed deadline of 3 days.
I happened to have emailed myself the bitpay URL, I'm not really sure how you would go back and find that otherwise necessarily (maybe have an account with bitpay?).

Did anyone else not fill in the Bitpay URL?

I had to make a support case with Bitpay... but after 4 or 5 days, they were able to get my invoice url.  As stated this was after the deadline, but since it seemed like they were running late with refund processing I figured it would be okay to update the with the new information.
Activity: 252

I know I filled it out twice (thinking it would update the same row in their Google spreadsheet).
First time I just used the txid since there wasn't enough time to get the bitpay url.
Once I got my bitpay uri I "updated" my request with the new info, even though it was after the imposed deadline of 3 days.
I happened to have emailed myself the bitpay URL, I'm not really sure how you would go back and find that otherwise necessarily (maybe have an account with bitpay?).

Did anyone else not fill in the Bitpay URL?
Activity: 307
Merit: 102
Day 56, no refunds in sight.

I got a pm from xiangfu asking me for my tx id and my order #, in order to help expedite the process. I hope this helps. I could really use my coins back.

Why do they need your order # and tx id again? Did you not fill out the Google form last month?

Not sure to be honest, I did fill out the google form.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
"refunds are being processed" (Avalon statement on August, 19th)

Not a single refund reported.

What a bad joke.
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
200 OK
I got a pm from xiangfu asking me for my tx id and my order #, in order to help expedite the process. I hope this helps. I could really use my coins back.

Why do they need your order # and tx id again? Did you not fill out the Google form last month?

Strange the request came from xiangfu and not yifu.

I would think yifu would be needed to authorize all the refunds (1000s of btc involved).
Activity: 252
Not a single refund yet. Bitsyncom, care to explain what is going on?

It's simple really: Bitsyncom does not have sufficient funds available to provide the refund at this time.

What other possible explanation could there be? (I'm all ears)

If this is true, the only ones who will ever see their money back (even if it is less than 100% ROI) are the ones who took delivery.
Well, cynical as it sounds, perhaps they decided to let you refunders get first crack at their gen-2, maybe they're going to offer you to simply transfer your BTC over. What better way to both make it up to you (they may think) and also make it easy for you, by keeping the BTC you've already given them?

Just a theory.
Pages:
Jump to: