Author

Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners - page 631. (Read 700866 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084
Hi

patrike, I'm choosing a monitoring software and I have questions to you.
1. Has your software any history for miners? In dashboard I can see the small part of history, some hours. But I'd prefer to have a history report either. For example, how miners has been working for a last week or last month.  Another example is how much money gave me any particular miner or a group of miners.
2. I'm using Claymore's miner. As you know, it mines ETH and DCR. But I can see only ETH statistics in miners tab.
3. Can I create event-based management? For example, if a miner not responding for 10 minutes, reboot a miner computer. Another example. If a miner hashrate is bellow treshold for 5 minutes, start reinitialization script.  All my miners are linux-based (Ubuntu). I suppose it must be a client or ssh-based managing system.

Thanks for answer!
Hi,

1) There are no more history than what you can see in the dashboard. I will put this as a request for improvement in future versions.

2) In the miner list there is only room for displaying one coin. The Eth+Dcr dual mining is really an exception to everything else where it's always one pool and one coin. The coin from the pool with highest priority will be displayed. To see information from all pools/coins, you need to select the Pools tab. If you have any suggestions how this could be improved, please let me know.

3) There is a concept of Rules that can be defined in Options dialog, Rules section. There are predefined rules like Offline Detection and Accept Progress. You can also define your own rules based on the Hashrate property for example, where you can define a threshold speed. When any of these rules are triggered, you can define what action Awesome Miner should take. The action could be to send Restart command to the miner, send an SSH-command to the miner, send e-mail notification or execute any application.

If you need an even more advanced way of controlling events and actions, there is a built in C# scripting feature that you can use in combination with the rules.

You will find more information on the web site:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/rules.aspx
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/script.aspx
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi

patrike, I'm choosing a monitoring software and I have questions to you.
1. Has your software any history for miners? In dashboard I can see the small part of history, some hours. But I'd prefer to have a history report either. For example, how miners has been working for a last week or last month.  Another example is how much money gave me any particular miner or a group of miners.
2. I'm using Claymore's miner. As you know, it mines ETH and DCR. But I can see only ETH statistics in miners tab.
3. Can I create event-based management? For example, if a miner not responding for 10 minutes, reboot a miner computer. Another example. If a miner hashrate is bellow treshold for 5 minutes, start reinitialization script.  All my miners are linux-based (Ubuntu). I suppose it must be a client or ssh-based managing system.

Thanks for answer!
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Mining away one KWh at a time
Installed and working great with antminer s5 Smiley nice look too
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Visualize whirledps
Hi,
Just bought and installed the Professional Edition.

Under Miners tab/ASIC view, it only displays the average temp and the first two board temperatures. Is there a way to display all three temps?
I ask because the one temp it's not showing is the hottest on my ASIC miners.

The miners are S7's.

Thanks.

Edit: Ideally, I think if it can only display two temps, it should display the hottest and coolest.
There is actually a way of displaying this, if you open the Customize Progress Field according to this guide:
http://awesomeminer.com/help/customizefield.aspx
If you put a checkmark on Line 3 for example, and enter the following:
"Temp: " + stats.Temp1 + "/" + stats.Temp2 + "/" + stats.Temp3
Click OK and now you should be able to see the three temperatures in the Progress column.

If you still want to display the HW errors that was on line 3 before, modify line 2 as well to include both rejected and HW errors like this:
"R: "+ status.Rejected + ", HW: " + status.HwErrors

Thanks. I will give that a try shortly. Smiley
legendary
Hi,

Under Miners tab/ASIC view, it only displays the average temp and the first two board temperatures. Is there a way to display all three temps?

The miners are S7's.

Thanks.

Edit: Ideally, I think if it can only display two temps, it should display the hottest and coolest.
There is actually a way of displaying this, if you open the Customize Progress Field according to this guide:
http://awesomeminer.com/help/customizefield.aspx
If you put a checkmark on Line 3 for example, and enter the following:
"Temp: " + stats.Temp1 + "/" + stats.Temp2 + "/" + stats.Temp3
Click OK and now you should be able to see the three temperatures in the Progress column.

If you still want to display the HW errors that was on line 3 before, modify line 2 as well to include both rejected and HW errors like this:
"R: "+ status.Rejected + ", HW: " + status.HwErrors
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Visualize whirledps
Hi,

The miners are S7's.

Thanks.

legendary
Nice work on the Update.

Here's a question, is there a way to make a coin using Nicehash payouts.
let me explain, i mine using MRR proxy pointed to Nicehash when not rented, but i can';t get a accurate stats of how much i'm making at nicehash. since the coins stats are tied to pools and there is no Nicehash Coin i can chose or create for nicehash.
This should be possible to implement in future releases - I will look into that.
I could probably be added as a new settings in the Advanced section of the Pool configuration.
legendary
I followed the Ethereum setup guide at http://www.awesomeminer.com/guide/ethereum.aspx, and I was able to get Dual Mining running, but I'm having problems with everything else.  My miner shows "Interface Offline", I'm getting no reported Speed or Coin values, every tab on the bottom portion of the screen is empty, and the dashboard shows no information.  Basically, my program looks like a ghost town compared to your screenshots.

The attraction of this software is the monitoring bells and whistles, but none of them work when I follow your setup guide, so I'm lost here...
Hi,
I assume you are using the Managed Miner feature. Do you run the mining on the same computer as you run Awesome Miner? Does Claymore's Ethereum miner (the console window) start properly and the mining is running fine - except that you cannot see any statistics in Awesome Miner?

Could you please send me the Awesome Miner log file? You can find it in the Options dialog, Advanced section, if you click Open folder. Could you send it by PM or mail?
Many thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
Activity: 805
Merit: 250
Nice work on the Update.

Here's a question, is there a way to make a coin using Nicehash payouts.
let me explain, i mine using MRR proxy pointed to Nicehash when not rented, but i can';t get a accurate stats of how much i'm making at nicehash. since the coins stats are tied to pools and there is no Nicehash Coin i can chose or create for nicehash.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
I followed the Ethereum setup guide at http://www.awesomeminer.com/guide/ethereum.aspx, and I was able to get Dual Mining running, but I'm having problems with everything else.  My miner shows "Interface Offline", I'm getting no reported Speed or Coin values, every tab on the bottom portion of the screen is empty, and the dashboard shows no information.  Basically, my program looks like a ghost town compared to your screenshots.

The attraction of this software is the monitoring bells and whistles, but none of them work when I follow your setup guide, so I'm lost here...
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Thanks a million. Now im able to see my S9`s.
Love this monitor software. Simply the best.
legendary
Awesome Miner version 1.7 has just been released.

It includes better support for Antminer S9 and more features for Ethereum mining with Claymore's Ethereum+Decred miner.
You will also see the uptime for each miner displayed in the miner list. There are also several minor corrections and improvements.
Activity: 360
Merit: 120
Hi
i have problem to add my s7.When i add my device, software shows my device disconnected. but it working fine. can u help me. this is some screens:
Hi,

Many thanks for including the API report. It looks like your Antminer S7 isn't allowing the API command 'config' to be executed due to permissions settings on the Antminer. This is a behavior I've seen with the new S9 miners, and I have a solution for this problem that will be made available soon.

I will soon release a new version of Awesome Miner where you at least will be able to do monitoring without access to the 'config' command. Still, if you want to perform operations, you will have to configured privileged support on the Antminer.

If you are familiar with configuring cgminer with api-allow commands, you could probably correct this on your Antminer right away.
Thanks for quick response. No I'm newbie in this stuff! but I'll search and try to find out how to do this and if i fail just wait for next update!
legendary
Hi
i have problem to add my s7.When i add my device, software shows my device disconnected. but it working fine. can u help me. this is some screens:
Hi,

Many thanks for including the API report. It looks like your Antminer S7 isn't allowing the API command 'config' to be executed due to permissions settings on the Antminer. This is a behavior I've seen with the new S9 miners, and I have a solution for this problem that will be made available soon.

I will soon release a new version of Awesome Miner where you at least will be able to do monitoring without access to the 'config' command. Still, if you want to perform operations, you will have to configured privileged support on the Antminer.

If you are familiar with configuring cgminer with api-allow commands, you could probably correct this on your Antminer right away.
Activity: 360
Merit: 120
Hi

Code:
Version: 1.6.1
API command: config
{
  "STATUS": [
    {
      "STATUS": "E",
      "When": 1466326834,
      "Code": 45,
      "Msg": "Access denied to 'config' command",
      "Description": "cgminer 4.8.0"
    }
  ],
  "id": 1
}
API command: summary
{
    {
      "STATUS": "S",
      "Code": 11,
      "Msg": "Summary",
    }
  ],
  "SUMMARY": [
    {
      "Elapsed": 9,
      "GHS 5s": 141.95,
      "GHS av": 4275.72,
      "Found Blocks": 0,
      "Getworks": 2,
      "Accepted": 13,
      "Rejected": 0,
      "Hardware Errors": 0,
      "Utility": 84.26,
      "Discarded": 7,
      "Stale": 0,
      "Get Failures": 0,
      "Local Work": 39326,
      "Remote Failures": 0,
      "Network Blocks": 1,
      "Total MH": 39582407.0,
      "Work Utility": 59815.37,
      "Difficulty Accepted": 13546.0,
      "Difficulty Rejected": 0.0,
      "Difficulty Stale": 0.0,
      "Best Share": 14830,
      "Device Hardware%": 0.0,
      "Device Rejected%": 0.0,
      "Pool Rejected%": 0.0,
      "Pool Stale%": 0.0,
      "Last getwork": 1466326834
    }
  ],
}
API command: privileged
{
    {
      "Msg": "Access denied to 'privileged' command",
    }
  ],
}
API command: devs
{
    {
      "Code": 9,
      "Msg": "1 ASC(s)",
    }
  ],
  "DEVS": [
    {
      "ASC": 0,
      "Name": "BTM",
      "ID": 0,
      "Enabled": "Y",
      "Status": "Alive",
      "Temperature": 51.0,
      "MHS av": 4275718.35,
      "MHS 5s": 3501980.35,
      "Hardware Errors": 0,
      "Utility": 84.26,
      "Last Share Pool": 0,
      "Last Share Time": 1466326834,
      "Total MH": 39582407.0,
      "Diff1 Work": 9229,
      "Last Share Difficulty": 1042.0,
      "No Device": false,
      "Last Valid Work": 1466326833,
      "Device Hardware%": 0.0,
      "Device Rejected%": 0.0,
      "Device Elapsed": 9
    }
  ],
}
API command: pools
{
    {
      "Code": 7,
      "Msg": "3 Pool(s)",
    }
  ],
  "POOLS": [
    {
      "POOL": 0,
      "URL": "stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:3333",
      "Priority": 0,
      "Quota": 1,
      "Long Poll": "N",
      "Getworks": 1,
      "Discarded": 7,
      "User": "*********",
      "Last Share Time": "0:00:00",
      "Diff": "1.04K",
      "Diff1 Shares": 9229,
      "Proxy Type": "",
      "Proxy": "",
      "Last Share Difficulty": 1042.0,
      "Has Stratum": true,
      "Stratum Active": true,
      "Stratum URL": "stratum.kano.is",
      "Has GBT": false,
      "Best Share": 14830,
      "Pool Stale%": 0.0
    },
    {
      "POOL": 1,
      "URL": "stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333",
      "Priority": 1,
      "Getworks": 1,
      "Accepted": 0,
      "Discarded": 0,
      "Last Share Time": "0",
      "Diff": "",
      "Diff1 Shares": 0,
      "Difficulty Accepted": 0.0,
      "Last Share Difficulty": 0.0,
      "Stratum Active": true,
      "Stratum URL": "solo.ckpool.org",
      "Best Share": 0,
    },
    {
      "POOL": 2,
      "URL": "stratum+tcp://sha256.eu.nicehash.com:3334",
      "Status": "Dead",
      "Priority": 2,
      "Getworks": 0,
      "Accepted": 0,
      "Discarded": 0,
      "Last Share Time": "0",
      "Diff": "",
      "Diff1 Shares": 0,
      "Difficulty Accepted": 0.0,
      "Last Share Difficulty": 0.0,
      "Stratum Active": false,
      "Stratum URL": "",
      "Best Share": 0,
    }
  ],
}
API command: coin
{
    {
      "Msg": "Access denied to 'coin' command",
    }
  ],
}
API command: notify
{
    {
      "Msg": "Access denied to 'notify' command",
    }
  ],
}
API command: stats
{"STATUS":[{"STATUS":"S","When":1466326834,"Code":70,"Msg":"CGMiner stats","Description":"cgminer 4.8.0"}],"STATS":[{"CGMiner":"4.8.0","Miner":"3.5.3.0","CompileTime":"Mon May 23 14:53:27 CST 2016","Type":"Antminer S7"}{"STATS":0,"ID":"BTM0","Elapsed":10,"Calls":0,"Wait":0.000000,"Max":0.000000,"Min":99999999.000000,"GHS 5s":141.95,"GHS av":4351.37,"baud":115200,"miner_count":3,"asic_count":8,"timeout":5,"frequency":"700","voltage":"0.706","hwv1":3,"hwv2":5,"hwv3":3,"hwv4":0,"fan_num":6,"fan1":4320,"fan2":0,"fan3":4440,"fan4":0,"fan5":0,"fan6":0,"fan7":0,"fan8":0,"fan9":0,"fan10":0,"fan11":0,"fan12":0,"fan13":0,"fan14":0,"fan15":0,"fan16":0,"temp_num":3,"temp1":49,"temp2":53,"temp3":51,"temp4":0,"temp5":0,"temp6":0,"temp7":0,"temp8":0,"temp9":0,"temp10":0,"temp11":0,"temp12":0,"temp13":0,"temp14":0,"temp15":0,"temp16":0,"temp_avg":51,"temp_max":53,"Device Hardware%":0.0000,"no_matching_work":0,"chain_acn1":45,"chain_acn2":45,"chain_acn3":45,"chain_acn4":0,"chain_acn5":0,"chain_acn6":0,"chain_acn7":0,"chain_acn8":0,"chain_acn9":0,"chain_acn10":0,"chain_acn11":0,"chain_acn12":0,"chain_acn13":0,"chain_acn14":0,"chain_acn15":0,"chain_acn16":0,"chain_acs1":"oooooooo ooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo ","chain_acs2":"oooooooo ooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo ","chain_acs3":"oooooooo ooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo ","chain_acs4":"","chain_acs5":"","chain_acs6":"","chain_acs7":"","chain_acs8":"","chain_acs9":"","chain_acs10":"","chain_acs11":"","chain_acs12":"","chain_acs13":"","chain_acs14":"","chain_acs15":"","chain_acs16":"","USB Pipe":"0"}],"id":1}
legendary
Sent Smiley in a PM i coded it so it's easier to read i can't figure out how to send attachments on the forums i don't think we can which is smart.!!!!
Thanks for providing all info. To let everyone else know this feature request has been implemented in Awesome Miner v1.6.1.

The progress field in Awesome Miner can be configured to display customized statistics:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/customizefield.aspx

One of the status lines could be configured like this to show the effective average hashrate of a miner, in addition to the standard 5s average and all time average, similar to what Bfgminer can calculate.
Code:
"Effective: " + Math.Round(status.KHashEffective / 1000, 2) + " MH/s"
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Sent Smiley in a PM i coded it so it's easier to read i can't figure out how to send attachments on the forums i don't think we can which is smart.!!!!
legendary
if you  want it is not showing the right Avg speed I'm doing on the Pool I'm mining on it is only showing the Five min speed and 20 min speed and shows the 5 mion speed as my AVG that BFG shows as my  5 min speed  even if i have it set to BFG that's wrong it look like its using the CG miner avg es i just looked at both CGminer only Shows 2 BFG Miners shows three speeds  5 mins and 20 mins and the pool if you need more detail on that give me a second I'll find that link that explains the exact meaning CG Miner only shows 2 if awesome miner can't or doesn't use the full API of BFG right or is off or i need to set something please let me know other wise you completely dodged the question Smiley . other then you said  over time it gets improved and the way that was put it's referring to ETH . sigh .

This what CGMNIER shows  

1.023T / 676.7Gh/s speeds wise

this is what BFG shows
 358.9/365.4/151.9Mh
Now I understand your request Smiley
Could you select the miner that is running BfgMiner in Awesome Miner, and click the "View Details..." button on the right side of the window. Click the Generate API Report button and send me the text output by e-mail or PM. Some miners output the information a little different, so it would be really helpful if I can study the API report from your system. Many thanks for helping out!

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
how about new algo, like x11evo, that was really profitable at the beginning, i think we need a way to add algo more easily without waiting for a new version each time
If it's an algorithm that for example has support in Sgminer (or Sgminer clone) it should be possible to use it from Awesome Miner without having to wait. In the Options dialog of Awesome Miner, there is a section Coins->Algorithms. At the bottom of the list you will find three custom algorithms that can be defined together with the name of the Sgminer kernel.

You can also add a custom coin and specify this new algorithm. The new coin and algorithm can then be assigned to a miner and a pool. In the Managed Miner properties you can also specify a custom installation path for the miner that you want to use. This mining software needs to be very compatible with what Awesome Miner already support, but if it's simply a Sgminer clone with some new algorithms, it should work just fine.

If it's a new algorithm that requires a completely different kind of mining software (not compatible with Cgminer, Bfgminer, Sgminer, Ccminer), then I need to do work in Awesome Miner before it will be supported.

in this case, this was a nvidia miner that added it, with the best optimization, yes it come for amd too but, since i'm using nvidia, i care more about it for now

the first miner that has it was this fork https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-ccminer-23-opensource-gpl-tpruvot-770064, it seems that it is not supported here
legendary
how about new algo, like x11evo, that was really profitable at the beginning, i think we need a way to add algo more easily without waiting for a new version each time
If it's an algorithm that for example has support in Sgminer (or Sgminer clone) it should be possible to use it from Awesome Miner without having to wait. In the Options dialog of Awesome Miner, there is a section Coins->Algorithms. At the bottom of the list you will find three custom algorithms that can be defined together with the name of the Sgminer kernel.

You can also add a custom coin and specify this new algorithm. The new coin and algorithm can then be assigned to a miner and a pool. In the Managed Miner properties you can also specify a custom installation path for the miner that you want to use. This mining software needs to be very compatible with what Awesome Miner already support, but if it's simply a Sgminer clone with some new algorithms, it should work just fine.

If it's a new algorithm that requires a completely different kind of mining software (not compatible with Cgminer, Bfgminer, Sgminer, Ccminer), then I need to do work in Awesome Miner before it will be supported.
Jump to: