Author

Topic: Baikal Giant X10 - page 153. (Read 132881 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
October 18, 2017, 03:36:14 AM
if they're asking for the payment it's because they will send it in october, am I right?.

No. I think this is middle of November stuff that everyone is talking about. This is about one month from now.

Crypto won't change much in a month... Grin
Activity: 118
Merit: 11
October 18, 2017, 02:16:23 AM
if they're asking for the payment it's because they will send it in october, am I right?.
Activity: 182
October 17, 2017, 11:55:07 AM
Same for me but they replied right away and said the rate hasn't changed and to just send the original amount.
Activity: 155
Merit: 110
October 17, 2017, 11:08:01 AM
I received that as well but couldn’t pay on time. I asked for a recalculation but 6 hours later haven’t received it yet.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
October 17, 2017, 10:53:02 AM
Shipping charge in LTC:5.77
Wallet address: LSxLfwC4qngKsnvR1ixhLfhWJ61BTH3PMa

Kindly note this quotation only valid for 2 hours since we sent this email, if you are unable to complete payment during this time, do not hesitate to contact us for recalculating.
After you made the payment, please send us the TXID code of your transaction and a screenshot of this transaction from your wallet or your platform account.

Delivery will by DHL/UPS(depends on your country)(Russia will be S.F.Express)

Thanks for your always support on Baikal miner.

Baikal miner

Recevied this now.
what should I do?
does anyone received the same notification?

Recieved it and paid it.
Lets see when they ship the miners.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
October 17, 2017, 10:40:26 AM
I got this in my email from Baikal...

"HI,

friend, sorry for delay, We have received your payment, but the actual amount we received is 9154.09 usd
Our offer amount is 9504 usd,Can you check your banking system?

i think maybe your Canadian dollar was converted into Singapore currency and then converted into dollars, which cost extra.

And I just received notice of the company, the first batch has already paid a deposit but not in the first ship list , we have a small number miners of the end of November for you(Just for the clients who already paid the deposit), but the amount is 1399usd.

Could you tell me what you think?

Best regards
Baikal"

1st - Their bank got the amount wrong, using CAD and converting into SGD, making the amount that I've sent which was $9504USD into $9154.09USD.
2nd - I was told that I will be in the 2nd batch but now that 1st batch is delayed to end of November, they are offering $1399USD/unit to be on 1st batch.

WOW.... what kind of company are these people running?

The bank fees are a pain, I had that too with an order from China. Most annoying thing is, you can't anticipate them. There are intermediary banks involved that take some cut, and no-one can tell you how much until the money arrives at the final destination.

Baikal's behaviour on the other hand is just shitty and unprofessional...

Indeed. I have dealt with many suppliers in China before using bank wires and never had any problems. There is always a little discrepancy in the monetary exchange rates, fees, etc and the supplier usually assumes that but the difference is huge here, $349.91USD. I've checked with my bank and sent an email to United Overseas Bank (Baikal's bank) asking how did they come up with the remittance amount of $12413.79SGD ($9154.09USD) which was deposited into Baikal's account when it is clearly written $9504USD/$11973.14CAD the amount transfered which when converted into SGD should be around $129411.77SGD.

So now it's a waiting game...
Activity: 462
Merit: 252
October 17, 2017, 09:27:54 AM

"HI,

friend, sorry for delay, We have received your payment, but the actual amount we received is 9154.09 usd

i think maybe your Canadian dollar was converted into Singapore currency and then converted into dollars, which cost extra.

And I just received notice of the company, the first batch has already paid a deposit but not in the first ship list , we have a small number miners of the end of November for you(Just for the clients who already paid the deposit), but the amount is 1399usd.

Best regards
Baikal"

1st - Their bank got the amount wrong, using CAD and converting into SGD, making the amount that I've sent which was $9504USD into $9154.09USD.
2nd - I was told that I will be in the 2nd batch but now that 1st batch is delayed to end of November, they are offering $1399USD/unit to be on 1st batch.

The bank fees are a pain, I had that too with an order from China. Most annoying thing is, you can't anticipate them. There are intermediary banks involved that take some cut, and no-one can tell you how much until the money arrives at the final destination.

Baikal's behaviour on the other hand is just shitty and unprofessional...
Activity: 196
October 17, 2017, 08:53:01 AM
Five hours ago got the email when sleeping:

"Kindly note this quotation only valid for 2 hours since we sent this email, if you are unable to complete payment during this time, do not hesitate to contact us for recalculating.
After you made the payment, please send us the TXID code of your transaction and a screenshot of this transaction from your wallet or your platform account."

.......need to ask again
Activity: 35
October 17, 2017, 04:55:49 AM
Baikal is well known for their delay in delivery. X10 is just another living example.
Activity: 20
October 17, 2017, 04:26:22 AM
I used Shapeshift to transfer some LTC.
I asked for BTC instead of LTC as well, but they denied.
Activity: 262
October 17, 2017, 03:57:41 AM
I haven't LTC and ask them to give me BTC invoice but there is no reply.
what are you going to do?
Activity: 20
October 17, 2017, 03:52:56 AM
Received a similar mail:
Shipping charge in LTC:3.58

Kindly note this quotation only valid for 2 hours since we sent this email, if you are unable to complete payment during this time, do not hesitate to contact us for recalculating.

After you made the payment, please send us the TXID code of your transaction and a screenshot of this transaction from your wallet or your platform account.

Activity: 262
October 17, 2017, 03:42:30 AM
Shipping charge in LTC:5.77

After you made the payment, please send us the TXID code of your transaction and a screenshot of this transaction from your wallet or your platform account.

Baikal miner

Recevied this now.
what should I do?
does anyone received the same notification?
October 16, 2017, 09:58:28 AM
Who knows. All I am saying is if bitcoin trends up people will keep over paying for mining gear. D3's profitability has dropped 90% and people are still paying 3x their price for ones in hand. They are still paying 1.5 to 2x price for Nov pre orders. I feel this unit is more valuable then d3's due to the flexibility in algos. None of this matters if this product doesn't come to market or doesn't perform as advertised. Fingers crossed that they hit mid November and market stays strong.
Activity: 238
October 15, 2017, 06:11:04 PM
That is quite big. It is the difference of a month in delivery times. Is that a reasonable time for the reason?  Roll Eyes
October 14, 2017, 01:08:36 PM
This sucks. I was getting all excited. Ordering power supplies and even lining up an electrician to install a dedicated mining circuit in my basement. I still expect ROI depending on the non x11 algo's and the fact that bitcoin may likely be 7500-10k when this is released. That will undoubtedly make these things worth a ton to resale. My initial thought was to resale 1 of my 3 if I could recover the total cost which based on prices for d3's and other asics seemed fairly reasonable.
Activity: 196
October 14, 2017, 10:12:03 AM
Dear customer,

Just got the notification from company about first sale of Baikal Giant-X10.

The delivery time of first pre-sale of Baikal X10 will delay to the middle of November. We are really sorry for the inconvenience brought to you by this. 

Thank you for your kind understanding,

Best regards
Baikal miner

Our cutting-edge technology creates a brighter future for you!

Web: www.baikalminer.com 丨 Skype: baikalminer
Email:[email protected]  丨 Facebook: @baikalminer.offical

Sad
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
October 14, 2017, 09:45:30 AM
Got the same message, let's see if we get our miners in november.
Activity: 24
October 14, 2017, 06:46:35 AM

"HI,

Best regards
Baikal"

Activity: 2086
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation
October 14, 2017, 04:10:13 AM
Anyone have a lead on what the future algorithms might be?

Baikal Giant X10 Algorithms: X11 / Quark / Qubit (for now)
Baikal miner Giant+ Algorithms:X11 / X13 / X14 / X15 / Quark / Qubit

So "soon later 4 new algorithms can be added by updating" - i bet three of the four would be X13 / X14 / X15, and the last one... I hope it would be Blake (2b) - since ASIC is already in development by the Sia dev team

X13/X14/X15 algorithms will not be in new X10 miner.
There will be new 4 algorithms in new X10 miner.
Jump to: