Author

Topic: !<~~~~~[BAT] BatCoin - The Reincarnation [Stay tuned] ~~~~~>! - page 108. (Read 233949 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
vovan115
BatCoin - OK   Wink
Activity: 149
Merit: 10
TABJOHN
i seem to be having an issue with my client. it's saying that displayed transactions may not be correct and that either i or other nodes must upgrade. any idea what i need to do? my client version is 0.6.3.
you should upgrade to 1.3.0
please download the new wallet
thanks

how do i download a new wallet and ensure i keep the same wallet address from the old client? i'm new to this, sorry!

Once you have a new client, just run it. The wallet (and the address) should be the same.
Activity: 132
i seem to be having an issue with my client. it's saying that displayed transactions may not be correct and that either i or other nodes must upgrade. any idea what i need to do? my client version is 0.6.3.
thanks

how do i download a new wallet and ensure i keep the same wallet address from the old client? i'm new to this, sorry!
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Launched a new Batcoin pool to combat the balancing issues but there were issues (without saying the F word) so pool will be private until all issues resolved.
Activity: 140
we are still looking for more logo entries for the contest!
come on its
5 MILLION BATS
TABJOHN
BatCoin is really cool. I did some transfers (to and from BatDice), they are comming instantly and confirmations are almost instantly Smiley
thanks
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Thanks,

AoVeijD7LzZUkX4gye7X6kQyN8RMwSujJM
Activity: 89
This coin seems great, I hope some major exchange will add it soon! Then it will skyrocket Smiley
Activity: 132
Why would multi-pools be mining BAT?  There is no exchange yet....  I would think multipools wouldn't be interested until the coin hits a real exchange.

its about the future Smiley
Activity: 84
So that is a good thing that max diff change is about 14% (any would be good). Multipools are big thread, but I think that more and more miners are quiting multipools Smiley

i sure hope so! but there are many noobs who don't understand what they are doing and they need to get informed...we all have to talk about it more often and then it won't be an issue anymore if the multipools get smaller...or if they understand the issue themselves and don't "attack" coins with more then what the nethash is at the moment of the "attack"...

Why would multi-pools be mining BAT?  There is no exchange yet....  I would think multipools wouldn't be interested until the coin hits a real exchange.

Just thinking ahead...
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Why would multi-pools be mining BAT?  There is no exchange yet....  I would think multipools wouldn't be interested until the coin hits a real exchange.
TABJOHN
So that is a good thing that max diff change is about 14% (any would be good). Multipools are big thread, but I think that more and more miners are quiting multipools Smiley
was about to make a comment about how difficulty is over 2 finally, and bam. 40% of the net hash is gone. difficulty down to under 1.5 once again and net hash rate down from about 110 to about 60 MH/s, with poolers having 50 MH/s out of the 60. some pool musta shut down temporarily? lets hope this doesnt cause any problems with forking again.

just checked, all 5 pools working,
seems like some big miners are making a quick batload of coins and than waiting for diff to drop down again or something like that
i hope soon it won't be possible when we get more constant miners

I have a doubt which I'm sure someone will clarify me.

Why don't coins choose to retarget the diff at every block to prevent this type of assaults by big hashers? As far as I can see it, this type of thing only hurts a coin since during the time the blockchain has bigger difficulty, the persons which keep the coin alive are the low(er) hashrate guys, while when the the diff decreases, the big guys come in and it is like a desert for the small guys.

I personally don't see any disadvantage to this method other then to remove an unfair advantage to very big rigs since if you have a big rig you will always have the opportunity to have higher payouts (which is fair since money was invested in those rigs)

BatCoin is not so bad in this matter, because diff retarget occurs every 40 blocks, which is about 1 hour. Take a LiteCoin for example, where diff retarget occurs once per 2,5 (or 3,5 - I don't remember exactly) days. Look at RonPaulCoin, where diff retarget was supposed to be per one day, but at the moment when hashcows started mining it for few hours, then siff exploded up to 78 and it took 1-2 weeks to change it. Now in RonPaulCoin the devs change diff retarget so max diff change is +-12%. I don't know if BatCoin has similar mechanism (Batman, can you answer?) but even without it BatCoin seems to be stable, because even if there will be massive diff explode and much hash power dissapaer then it shouldn't hurt BatCoin as much (Batman, am I right?)

our max diff change is on around 14% if i remember correctly( have to look at the code haha)
and you are right, hypothetically speaking , if we will be hit with 200000GH now for some time, it will take around a hour or so to get it back down
a good example would be at the launch of bat coin, we has 2.4 GHASH on the network, and it suddenly went down, the diff retargeted fast and no one even noticed anything

but that depends how high they drive the difficulty up? hypothetically if 200 000gh/s hit batcoin and stay for a day and then leave it'll be no joyride!

we have to spread the word to the miners that they should stop using multipools! we all would win! we need memes! we need hundreds of people willing to spread the word!
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
was about to make a comment about how difficulty is over 2 finally, and bam. 40% of the net hash is gone. difficulty down to under 1.5 once again and net hash rate down from about 110 to about 60 MH/s, with poolers having 50 MH/s out of the 60. some pool musta shut down temporarily? lets hope this doesnt cause any problems with forking again.

seems like some big miners are making a quick batload of coins and than waiting for diff to drop down again or something like that

Why don't coins choose to retarget the diff at every block to prevent this type of assaults by big hashers? As far as I can see it, this type of thing only hurts a coin since during the time the blockchain has bigger difficulty, the persons which keep the coin alive are the low(er) hashrate guys, while when the the diff decreases, the big guys come in and it is like a desert for the small guys.

I personally don't see any disadvantage to this method other then to remove an unfair advantage to very big rigs since if you have a big rig you will always have the opportunity to have higher payouts (which is fair since money was invested in those rigs)

BatCoin is not so bad in this matter, because diff retarget occurs every 40 blocks, which is about 1 hour. Take a LiteCoin for example, where diff retarget occurs once per 2,5 (or 3,5 - I don't remember exactly) days. Look at RonPaulCoin, where diff retarget was supposed to be per one day, but at the moment when hashcows started mining it for few hours, then siff exploded up to 78 and it took 1-2 weeks to change it. Now in RonPaulCoin the devs change diff retarget so max diff change is +-12%. I don't know if BatCoin has similar mechanism (Batman, can you answer?) but even without it BatCoin seems to be stable, because even if there will be massive diff explode and much hash power dissapaer then it shouldn't hurt BatCoin as much (Batman, am I right?)

our max diff change is on around 14% if i remember correctly( have to look at the code haha)
and you are right, hypothetically speaking , if we will be hit with 200000GH now for some time, it will take around a hour or so to get it back down
a good example would be at the launch of bat coin, we has 2.4 GHASH on the network, and it suddenly went down, the diff retargeted fast and no one even noticed anything

Understood, thank you both for taking the time at it Smiley

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Go BAT to the moon!

DMD for example re-targets it's  difficulty every block but still it's a problem....

you are absolutely right! the biggest problem are multipools and the really tragic thing is they don't see that the devalue the coin with this behaviour because many of the normal miners get out of the network and don't support the coin anymore if it's to small and bounces around too much because like you said it's like a desert then!

I personally think we are in the age of quantum mechanics thinking in terms of darwin with survival of the fittest will get us nowhere! it's like taking a step back 4000years, an eye for an eye!...

It wouldn't do any good to bat...what makes you think that couldn't happen to batcoin? every coin is in danger when greed exides rationality...

CHILDREN DON'T USE MULTIPOOLS THEY ARE BAD FOR THE COMMUNITY AND ALTCOINS IN GENERAL, M'KAY!
TABJOHN

Jump to: