Author

Topic: !<~~~~~[BAT] BatCoin - The Reincarnation [Stay tuned] ~~~~~>! - page 109. (Read 233949 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
take a look at out cryptsy vote! more than 450 votes in 15 days and counting!
https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/forums/191571/recent

Someone is fudging the figures... It only serves to devalue it as it looks faked. Wouldnt surprise me it was a tactic like doge users did to coinye coin, pretending to be a supporter but actually dropping its value.

i hope it won't hurt us
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
I also voted on coinmarket.io

New exchange, but fast!!  Been using it for KDC and it works great!!
Activity: 31
Merit: 0

Someone is fudging the figures... It only serves to devalue it as it looks faked. Wouldnt surprise me it was a tactic like doge users did to coinye coin, pretending to be a supporter but actually dropping its value.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Batcoin is the future  Grin  Grin

AqcUc74st5EA5EaKmvFs3XiHXnkBH7LhbE
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
was about to make a comment about how difficulty is over 2 finally, and bam. 40% of the net hash is gone. difficulty down to under 1.5 once again and net hash rate down from about 110 to about 60 MH/s, with poolers having 50 MH/s out of the 60. some pool musta shut down temporarily? lets hope this doesnt cause any problems with forking again.

just checked, all 5 pools working,
seems like some big miners are making a quick batload of coins and than waiting for diff to drop down again or something like that
i hope soon it won't be possible when we get more constant miners

I have a doubt which I'm sure someone will clarify me.

Why don't coins choose to retarget the diff at every block to prevent this type of assaults by big hashers? As far as I can see it, this type of thing only hurts a coin since during the time the blockchain has bigger difficulty, the persons which keep the coin alive are the low(er) hashrate guys, while when the the diff decreases, the big guys come in and it is like a desert for the small guys.

I personally don't see any disadvantage to this method other then to remove an unfair advantage to very big rigs since if you have a big rig you will always have the opportunity to have higher payouts (which is fair since money was invested in those rigs)
Promoters wanted Here
Hi guys just downloaded the osx wallet but doesn't work on mavericks, at least on mine.

Any clue?

Thanks
it should work ok, i have tested on my mac Smiley
does it crash on yours?
if so, send me the crash report i will try to help you

Hi! When I open the wallet nothing happens, nothing appears.

Do you know what it could be?

Thanks!

its a dmg file, it should first mount on your mac
could be that you have the old version?
Activity: 126
We have mined 14 guano blocks after I posted the screenshot this morning. The first guano block of the contest was found 3 minutes into the contest. Keep it going!

https://bat.poolers.org
I've been mining at poolers for a few days now... been pretty happy with the pool/stability/results.  Haven't had a single disconnect or had to restart a single miner even once.  And hey... looks like I found a guano block.  Yay!

It's bitter-sweet that the difficulty is going up but at least we've got a decent pool to use.  Let's keep voting to get this coin on the exchanges.

To Da Moon!

Congrats on the guano block!  I'm glad to hear that it has been stable for you. I have been doing a lot of performance tweaks over the past day or so and was worried that people would get disconnected while I was messing with the server.  I still have a few modifications to make that are going to require a restart of the stratum server but downtime will only be about 30 seconds. I will announce ahead of time when this is going to happen so that people aren't alarmed.

If you have your cgminer config setup to switch pools when your main pool goes down please take note of the info above. Downtime will only be 30 seconds. I will give everyone 24 hours notice before the restart.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
We have mined 14 guano blocks after I posted the screenshot this morning. The first guano block of the contest was found 3 minutes into the contest. Keep it going!

I've been mining at poolers for a few days now... been pretty happy with the pool/stability/results.  Haven't had a single disconnect or had to restart a single miner even once.  And hey... looks like I found a guano block.  Yay!

It's bitter-sweet that the difficulty is going up but at least we've got a decent pool to use.  Let's keep voting to get this coin on the exchanges.

To Da Moon!
Activity: 400
Merit: 268
Hi guys just downloaded the osx wallet but doesn't work on mavericks, at least on mine.

Any clue?

Thanks
does it crash on yours?

Hi! When I open the wallet nothing happens, nothing appears.

Do you know what it could be?

Thanks!

Activity: 476
if you were mining on miners best or n0poolusutra you can claim some of your lost coins during the fork, both pools received a nice amount of BATS for this matter

I mined over 70k on Miners Best fork and have yet to receive anything!  No one is handing out anything.

minersbest was not active for a while, let's wait for his replay on the matter

I sent a support ticket in to minersbest inquiring about this (I had 500K on the 2nd fork alone). Here is the reply I received.

the 6 million were paid to secure the stand block 3476.
the other blocks were mined in the fork.
I am looking for a solution to such giveaways or faucets for the lost bats but my means are limited.

So, he's keeping the coins, then?

Doesn't sound promising.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
hashrate and Diff going back up again...  Was able to score 2 solo mining blocks while it was down!!
Activity: 84
Hi, sorry to be very late but I was'nt update about the broken blockchain and my wallet on linux still don't work ...
"WARNING: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, ..."
Someone can help me please ?
I have my batcoin before the fork so I hope to don't lose them.

just update to the new wallet and everything should be ok
Activity: 169
if you were mining on miners best or n0poolusutra you can claim some of your lost coins during the fork, both pools received a nice amount of BATS for this matter

I mined over 70k on Miners Best fork and have yet to receive anything!  No one is handing out anything.

minersbest was not active for a while, let's wait for his replay on the matter

I sent a support ticket in to minersbest inquiring about this (I had 500K on the 2nd fork alone). Here is the reply I received.

the 6 million were paid to secure the stand block 3476.
the other blocks were mined in the fork.
I am looking for a solution to such giveaways or faucets for the lost bats but my means are limited.
Activity: 171
Hi, sorry to be very late but I was'nt update about the broken blockchain and my wallet on linux still don't work ...
"WARNING: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, ..."
Someone can help me please ?
I have my batcoin before the fork so I hope to don't lose them.

Any clue?

Thanks
does it crash on yours?
Activity: 84
Automatic forking at 51% was a problem with the code which I believe the dev has fixed after the issues that were had early on.  Otherwise, 51% issues are only caused when the holder of it has malicious intent, which I can assure you I do not. I want to see BatCoin succeed as I am a huge DC fan.  The coin is still so young that it is difficult to prevent 51% from bouncing between pools. Especially when users login that have 20 to 30 MH/s by themselves. Once the network grows this should stabilize and hashrate should be spread out more.  

When coins become bigger, pool operators will often disable registrations to prevent gaining 51% because it is healthier for the currency.  I really don't want to do that this early on because the big hashrate that poolers.org has right now is only made up of about 10 people at any given time. It fluctuates a lot through the day since people are all over the world.

On another note, the Guano Block contest started 7 minutes ago.  Aaaand wer'e off!

over 51% can only fork a chain, without bad initial intent, if the network blocktarget gets under a certain value (i estimate +/- 5seconds)...
Automatic forking at 51% was a problem with the code which I believe the dev has fixed after the issues that were had early on.  Otherwise, 51% issues are only caused when the holder of it has malicious intent, which I can assure you I do not. I want to see BatCoin succeed as I am a huge DC fan.  The coin is still so young that it is difficult to prevent 51% from bouncing between pools. Especially when users login that have 20 to 30 MH/s by themselves. Once the network grows this should stabilize and hashrate should be spread out more.  

When coins become bigger, pool operators will often disable registrations to prevent gaining 51% because it is healthier for the currency.  I really don't want to do that this early on because the big hashrate that poolers.org has right now is only made up of about 10 people at any given time. It fluctuates a lot through the day since people are all over the world.

On another note, the Guano Block contest started 7 minutes ago.  Aaaand wer'e off!
Jump to: