Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 152. (Read 1210749 times)

Activity: 520
Merit: 253
Keccak is a good candidate for a nice GPU to ASIC transition.
If Boolberry were to switch to multi-algo, I would advocate still including Keccak as one of the algorithms.
Which Keccak? BBR uses a variant called Wild Keccak which needs plenty of memory, with the current scratchpad size being around 150 MB, and increasing. Good luck trying to fit that on an ASIC.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
BBR have be delisted from Bter. Angry
Bter is not good exchange, dont trade here, very dangerous!!  Wink
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
BBR have be delisted from Bter. Angry
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
i would conduct trading in BBR strictly to Poloniex and Bittrex. You won't have any issues.
Activity: 8
Yeah BTer is awful.

I trade to do one trade there and it took 5 days to execute from btc deposit to trade for some XMR and then W/D. I had to send them 5 support tickets to get my funds back....

Annoying as hell.
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
Is someone in contact with bter.com?

Bter Support (bter)

Mar 22, 13:07

sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The wallet doesn't work well currently. We will try to fix the wallet and your deposit question as soon as we are possible
Thanks for your patience

Any help would be appreciated!

Their response was not specific enough to allow for help. Because of the number of scam accusations against them I suggest people avoid Bter

To call Bter a 'scam' would suggest a modicum of sophistication that I would not attribute to that outfit. Either way you're correct, they are best avoided. 
legendary
Activity: 1540

Bter Support (bter)

The wallet doesn't work well currently. We will try to fix the wallet and your deposit question as soon as we are possible
Thanks for your patience

Their response was not specific enough to allow for help. Because of the number of scam accusations against them I suggest people avoid Bter
Yes, give up Bter!! Wink
Activity: 336

Bter Support (bter)

Thanks for your patience

Activity: 16

Bter Support (bter)

Thanks for your patience

legendary
Activity: 1029
we are going to make another bubble? Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Could you point out for me some of the unique innovations (whether first or not) of Boolberry over the CryptoNote reference implementation?

Mostly listed in the first post of this thread. Search for Boolberry compared to Cryptonote. If you would like to discuss the features that can be done either on this thread or on the Cryptonote technical discussion and chess thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptonote-technical-discussion-and-chess-challenge-1190988

There are also some links in the first post of that thread to more information about Boolberry features. Not sure if that is entirely duplicated.
Activity: 247
BBR has very solid and unique tech, but without a *reliable* dev this is not enough.

I've been ignorant about Boolberry until now. Heard about it, but was too pre-occupied with Monero development to pay any real attention to what was going on.

I've been reading up on Boolberry for the last couple of days, when time allows. A lot of work has gone into other CryptoNote implementations like Monero and others. Could you point out for me some of the unique innovations (whether first or not) of Boolberry over the CryptoNote reference implementation?
Activity: 247
I'm just starting to look at Boolberry for some applications. It seems to be in a decent shape, barring the (reportedly) reduced involvement by the lead dev.

Could someone please point out to me some of the improvements in Boolberry, over the reference CryptoNote implementation? And, how does Boolberry distinguish itself, say from Monero and Aeon?

I'd like to build from source. Do these instructions also include the wallet GUI??
http://boolberry.com/howto.html#linuxbuild

EDIT #1: Found the instructions here: http://boolberry.com/howto.html#build_gui

EDIT #2: Are there any PHP/Node/etc bindings for Boolberry? (something suitable for web work)?

EDIT #3: Is there a Boolberry Slack channel?

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

BBR has very solid and unique tech, but without a *reliable* dev this is not enough.

With devs flaking out or doing the diva thing, without maintenance a coin is not viable.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Hey fellow BBRers -

I am curious everyone's opinion on what our options are for finding a new dev to work on this coin?  

First, where we could find one and secondly how we might be able to fund one.

The original developer may come back to BBR once he is done with the project he is getting paid to do for someone else, and we know he still helps with issues that arise from time to time, but we are getting ready (already started) to have a bullish crypto phase over the next 6-12 months.

This the perfect time to start talking about and looking for ways to grease the wheels of BBR development.

If anyone knows of any potential devs available, I am willing to help look at funding options.

I'd love to see BBR price with at least 1 or 2 less zeros after the decimal, if you know what I mean. Smiley

Thanks

Jon
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Any chance of forking to multi-algo? I would badly love to see a multi-algo cryptonote.

Please do not interpret this as an attack, but but do you prefer multi algo over the current algorithm?  I am curious

Many consider a transition from CPU → GPU → ASIC, with a lengthy GPU phase, to be the gold standard for PoWs. The transition to ASICs is considered to be a dangerous (albeit unavoidable) time, with the potential for hash power to become too centralised in the algo's juvenile ASIC market.

Keccak is a good candidate for a nice GPU to ASIC transition. I'm not denying that, but I prefer multi-algo over single algo. Multi-algo can greatly increase the GPU phase and also decentralise the ASIC market. While ASICs come online for the first algos, the remaining algos continue to be mined profitably on GPU. Eventually all of the algos would transition to ASIC, but most likely at different times. Also, should an ASIC developer want to monopolise the mining, well, for each additional algo, their production costs are greatly increased. It's more likely that the different algorithms would see ASIC implementations from different producers.

If Boolberry were to switch to multi-algo, I would advocate still including Keccak as one of the algorithms.
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
Any chance of forking to multi-algo? I would badly love to see a multi-algo cryptonote.

Please do not interpret this as an attack, but but do you prefer multi algo over the current algorithm?  I am curious
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Without constant developmnet,BBR is close to dead.

I've seen what the dev is working on other than this and it's rather impressive........BBR is still the most well developed CryptoNote coin, rather than bitch what can you do to promote BBR or are you just TROLLING?

Cheers Jon  Wink

Edit: Too put it in simple terms....... Those that can do......those that can't criticize
Just take a look at the shit price ,you'll see how it will die slowly.
Jump to: