Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 155. (Read 1210749 times)

Activity: 259
Merit: 250
Boolberry is neither dead nor in trouble.

The network difficulties were resolved in a few hours. Hashrate is up. BBR is still available on 3 exchanges and the price has doubled in the last 10 days.

What the recent price spike showed was the market sentiment around the coin is still the same despite CZ’s hiatus. BBR is still considered the one of the most innovative Cryptonote coins with one of the most skilled devs in the space.

If there is a market/ real world use case for a cryptocurrency that provide anonymous transactions, then BBR is still one of a handful of leading contenders.

But hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. For those that do believe BBR is dead, move on to another coin or venture and don’t lurk on this thread like a necrophilia troll. Life is too short.

I think nobody will claim that BBR does not have very good and genuine tech.

What many people are worried about is consistency of the dev or dev team.

Who exactly is the dev team? Is the tech done by CZ alone? How dedicated is he to the project?

Going MIA and then nonchalantly reappearing occasionally is not exactly trust inspiring...

I think CZ has shown his consistency in terms of troubleshooting any issues with the coin.

As for consistency in innovation... let's see what features of the Lui coin (if/ when it materialises) are leveraged by BBR.

I agree that there is a distinct lack of consistency in communication. Marketing, PR and communication are certainly areas in which the coin needs to grow.

On the flip side, the Project is open source and CZ has shown his willingness to collaborate with others with the willingness and know how to work with him to move the coin forward. There is nothing stopping others from helping to fill the void.

However I think I've been around crypto long enough to know that what BBR truly lacks at present is liquidity and marketcap. For all the innovation and marketing in the world, people tend to become more energised when you throw money at the market or artificially pump the price...
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

The network difficulties were resolved in a few hours. Hashrate is up. BBR is still available on 3 exchanges and the price has doubled in the last 10 days.

What the recent price spike showed was the market sentiment around the coin is still the same despite CZ’s hiatus. BBR is still considered the one of the most innovative Cryptonote coins with one of the most skilled devs in the space.

If there is a market/ real world use case for a cryptocurrency that provide anonymous transactions, then BBR is still one of a handful of leading contenders.

But hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. For those that do believe BBR is dead, move on to another coin or venture and don’t lurk on this thread like a necrophilia troll. Life is too short.

I think nobody will claim that BBR does not have very good and genuine tech.

What many people are worried about is consistency of the dev or dev team.

Who exactly is the dev team? Is the tech done by CZ alone? How dedicated is he to the project?

Going MIA and then nonchalantly reappearing occasionally is not exactly trust inspiring...
Activity: 29
Merit: 0

The network difficulties were resolved in a few hours.

Can someone explain what caused the network difficulties?

me !  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

The network difficulties were resolved in a few hours.

Can someone explain what caused the network difficulties?

Activity: 259
Merit: 250
Well, reality always strikes back: https://github.com/cryptozoidberg

Nothing comes from nothing.

We all know Boolberry is in trouble. Tell us something new. But CZ is still around, and there has been more interest in BBR since the pump, as well as a higher hashrate. Hopefully it lasts. It's too early (and unhelpful) to tell everyone unequivocally that BBR is dead.

Activity: 40

We all know Boolberry is in trouble. But CZ is still around, and there has been more interest in BBR since the pump, as well as a higher hashrate. Hopefully it lasts. It's too early (and unhelpful) to tell everyone unequivocally that BBR is dead.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
BoolBerry [ BBR ]  ====> https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_bbr

* new market in the works  ;-)
Activity: 198
Merit: 100

HOLD? price falled after network issues but holding ok now (still think is my fault! for flooding with small tx)
bad i didn't save the error message when daemons crashed. i think zoidberg could use it to fix
what will be block reward in 2 years from now ?
is there going to be new version with improved performance soon ?
opening and closing the daemon is heavy (loading blockchain and saving to disk)

bbr.poolto.be payed me finally !
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?
Apparently most btctalk users are unfamiliar with the concept of sarcasm.

Are you being sarcastic?

Cheers Jon  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Apparently most btctalk users are unfamiliar with the concept of sarcasm.
Activity: 40
Will CZ come back to work on Boolberry actively or he is still concentrating on the second project?

Nope, never ever. Just look at what he is doing right now. BBR is dead dead dead ...

BBR isn't dead. Have you looked at his work recently?
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?
Will CZ come back to work on Boolberry actively or he is still concentrating on the second project?

Nope, never ever. Just look at what he is doing right now. BBR is dead dead dead ...

So you have that from the horse's mouth, in that CZ told you this personally?......... I mean that would be BREAKING NEWS after he was here 2 days ago working on BBR.

I think it's more of a if it aint broke don't fix it type of situation

Cheers Jon
Activity: 198
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1006
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
If you were mining on a pool and received many small transactions then you may find that you need to consolidate them before you are able to send a large transaction.  It's an issue with all cryptonote coins have but I think there has been some progress with that issue in other cryptonote coins like Monero and AEON.

The only difference I know about in the case of pool mining is the automatic splitting in Monero and AEON, but you can always do that yourself by sending a series of smaller transactions (exactly the same as what splitting does). If you are solo mining Boolberry will behave slightly better because it doesn't have the lowest-value dust output in mining transactions.

And I've never seen any crashing issues with the Boolberry wallet, though I only use simplewallet, not the GUI.
Hi
i started mining in bbr.poolto.be
have already 16 BBR in pending but no payout more than 12 hours
is it going to pay ?

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
I still can't mine. Syncs ok, but all shares reflected. Maybe brand new amd drivers not compatible with opencl miner?
solo miningin mbk's daemon? try removing the poolstate and p2pstate files still.

Sounds like they're syncing but getting all rejected shares when mining.  I've had a similar issue before on Windows.  Nothing but red in the window from "share check failed".  Uninstalling and reinstalling the AMD drivers corrected the problem.  That was using mbk's daemon and mining with r9 280"s   

Yea, it must be the drivers I guess. Deleted p2p and poolstate bin files, and still getting this:
Code:
2016-Feb-06 17:57:27.426466 [miner 1]Share check failed 129609380,
Using AMD driver 15.12 with a 7950 and 270, and boolberry miner daemon Boolberry v0.3.0.41(1369c7a).
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
I used the pump to sell out my positions.

Anyone intrigued by this should first consider that the wallet crashes and often prohibits you from moving large amounts of money.  It took me approximately 30 transactions to simply move my BBR from wallet to exchange.  Annoying, slow, BROKEN.

This coin is sad.  You should either spend the energy to fix it or give up and let it die.  

Well that's too bad.  Sorry to see you go.  If I remember correctly you were asking questions about mining some time back.  If you had other issues I'm sure someone would have helped you out had you asked.

I don't have the wallet crashing issues that you describe.  As far as moving large amounts, it depends on how they came into your wallet.  If you were mining on a pool and received many small transactions then you may find that you need to consolidate them before you are able to send a large transaction.  It's an issue with all cryptonote coins have but I think there has been some progress with that issue in other cryptonote coins like Monero and AEON.  I haven't been keeping up so don't quote me on that.  I'm sure that if improvements in sending transactions have been made then crypto_zoidberg will pull them in.  He might have already addressed that issue in the project he's been working on. 

The blockchain has been running 1 year, 9 months, and 18 days for a total of 658 days.  It's been holding it's own with support from a small handful of dedicated people for the last year.  crypto_zoidberg has recently popped in and fixed some issues and will hopefully be around more going forward.  BBR has never been a coin based on promises.  It's always been a coin based on tech.  I'm confident that BBR will be around for the foreseeable future and that additional technological improvements will be implemented.

Hopefully you'll change your mind and reconsider BBR but if you don't it's understandable.  The more the merrier.  Regardless, thanks for giving it a look.  Good luck with your future endeavors.   
Activity: 36
I used the pump to sell out my positions.

Anyone intrigued by this should first consider that the wallet crashes and often prohibits you from moving large amounts of money.  It took me approximately 30 transactions to simply move my BBR from wallet to exchange.  Annoying, slow, BROKEN.

This coin is sad.  You should either spend the energy to fix it or give up and let it die.  

Jump to: