Pages:
Author

Topic: Be safe: READ THIS BEFORE TRADING/BUYING/USING YOUR MONEY - page 14. (Read 299225 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 100
Alright, so I've been PM'd by a few people what red-flags to look out for since I have a pretty good track record of spotting scammers. Sometimes I get it wrong, but better safe than sorry.  Here's a couple rules to follow to avoid becoming a victim:

1. Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER. There are plenty of veteran members to do business with and ALWAYS use escrow. If you're a newbie and you're doing business with another newbie, there's nearly a 100% chance that one of the parties is a scammer. I can not stress this enough.. just work with people who have been here at least a year.
2. Always use escrow.
3. See rule #2.

Im glad there's a thread like this in the forum , a guideline for everybody who wanted to enter the trading industry .
We know now that there are many scammers here in the forum , they are trying to make friend with you and eventually steal your accounts or money.
We need to become aware of this. Thank you sir for this ! I really appreciate this. Smiley
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
excellent information i get. before i get scammed. thanks for your valuable information.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
any advise how to trade please ?
Activity: 245
Yes of course must do always research.. if u are newbie in trading ..
If u are newbie youtube tutorial helps.. and google helps.. if you are eager then research first and see tutorials for trading..
Activity: 25
Thank you for the great tips. Serve as guidelines especially for the newbies.
Activity: 32
I see many people complain about being scammed while trading. These are new members. They do not know how to prevent. Insurance should be needed
Activity: 14

I am new here as these transactions are made and why I would like to learn a little more information very useful here and I have found however very careful and little thank you very much    Huh
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
Thanks for the information. It is indeed timely and useful.
Activity: 55
Thank you for the information
Activity: 1708
Merit: 541
How do you spot a scam

Well, sometimes it's not easy to spot a scam. The main rule of thumb is: if it's too good to be true, it's probably a scam.

Before doing any trade, or sending money to any party, do some research on them. Check their reputation, see their trust feedback if you're going to trade with another Bitcointalk member or search their name on Google. For a safer transaction, always use escrow as OP said and never ever send money to an unknown stranger on the internet, even if their offer is really good.
Activity: 55
How do you spot a scam
Activity: 47
Thanks for information Smiley
Activity: 213
Merit: 11
İmportant subject. Thanks. I think small amount trading must be with Legendary , Hero , Sr. member ..or veteran member. But big amount trade use escrow.
Activity: 252
I think this is quiete reasonalbe. When I was starting online business, I have spent some time to find the right experienced people who were willing to share experience. I think that this is one of the main key to success in online investement!
Activity: 77
be careful everyone!
Activity: 182
Thanks for the info!
Activity: 12
Thank you very much for this info. Really helpful.
Activity: 16
And also be very aware of all these technical analysis scams and videos on youtube. TA is very hard to learn and understand and way harder to trade.
Activity: 364
Merit: 18
Alright, so I've been PM'd by a few people what red-flags to look out for since I have a pretty good track record of spotting scammers. Sometimes I get it wrong, but better safe than sorry.  Here's a couple rules to follow to avoid becoming a victim:

1. Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER. There are plenty of veteran members to do business with and ALWAYS use escrow. If you're a newbie and you're doing business with another newbie, there's nearly a 100% chance that one of the parties is a scammer. I can not stress this enough.. just work with people who have been here at least a year.
2. Always use escrow.
3. See rule #2.

What escrow means??
Activity: 50
saw this post thanks for the info..
Pages:
Jump to: