Pages:
Author

Topic: Be safe: READ THIS BEFORE TRADING/BUYING/USING YOUR MONEY - page 12. (Read 299234 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0
thank you very much, sir! hope to learn more.
Activity: 4
Alright, so I've been PM'd by a few people what red-flags to look out for since I have a pretty good track record of spotting scammers. Sometimes I get it wrong, but better safe than sorry.  Here's a couple rules to follow to avoid becoming a victim:

1. Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER. There are plenty of veteran members to do business with and ALWAYS use escrow. If you're a newbie and you're doing business with another newbie, there's nearly a 100% chance that one of the parties is a scammer. I can not stress this enough.. just work with people who have been here at least a year.
2. Always use escrow.
3. See rule #2.

Thanks for this information, it really helps.
Activity: 350
Merit: 102
Even if he has some reputation, never send all the money in one transfer: send one first small tranche (ex. 0.05 btc) and wait for his payment. Send a second little higher tranche and wait again, etc. Small increments, because he might decide to pay you the first and second, to scam a bigger tranche. Always suspect if he doesn't accept to trade in small tranches, unless he has an excellent reputation.
Activity: 154
Thanks for your Subject 
Merit: 10
Alright, so I've been PM'd by a few people what red-flags to look out for since I have a pretty good track record of spotting scammers. Sometimes I get it wrong, but better safe than sorry.  Here's a couple rules to follow to avoid becoming a victim:

1. Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER. There are plenty of veteran members to do business with and ALWAYS use escrow. If you're a newbie and you're doing business with another newbie, there's nearly a 100% chance that one of the parties is a scammer. I can not stress this enough.. just work with people who have been here at least a year.
2. Always use escrow.
3. See rule #2.

These are excellent rules that will help beginners to save their money from scammers. I myself have always adhered to these rules. You never need to have business with newcomers, there are a lot of people with a good reputation who take care of it. Thanks for such simple and effective advice
Scammers are learning and improvising every time when the come out with new schemes. You are simply responsible for yourself and take everything with a pinch of salt. There many accounts in bitcointalk that have legendary rank and have been here for more than 1 year, sold to scammers and then scammers use the same to scam innocent people. So just be careful.
Activity: 23
very good post !
thanks man
Activity: 26
Thank you very much for that.
Activity: 15
Some business tips for india would be highly appreciated. Buy/sell oppurtunities
Activity: 211
I disagree with a few of the points.

0. Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER. There are plenty of veteran members to do business with and ALWAYS use escrow. If you're a newbie and you're doing business with another newbie, there's a 100% chance that you will get scammed (or you're a scammer yourself). I can not stress this enough.. just work with people who have been here at least a year.

100%? NEVER? I trade with newbies all the time. This is a ridiculous stereotype of members here. This is just retarded.

1. New account (usually created within the last 3 months, plus or minus)

No, this correlated with my response to 0.

3. Use of a seemingly realistic first/last name as their forum account name

Look at my name. My username is my First name. Have I ever scammed anyone? No. I use a combination of my First and Last name on some forums. Ridiculous.

4. Signs posts with full name

--Simran Singh

8. Any user blatantly claiming to be female

Oh, yeah, cause females don't exist on the internet. Sexist? Probably not, but this is not true.

scammer will do a lot of thing to get money from you, anyone could be a scammer in this kind of business and trust has a big role on this. so be aware of  all your transactions guys...
Activity: 9
Always make sure that the person you are doing business online is reliable and has the credibility. Do your research beforehand so that you are knowledgeable.
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
I agree that you always need to be cautious about newcomers who offer to participate in a business project. Invest in such projects are all the same, that just throw the money in the garbage can.
Activity: 196
Spokkz ICO
yes bro,
The information is more important before buying any cryptos in the market....
Newbie should be very caution while buying and trading....
Activity: 3
hi guy how to be going to ricking with ICO ? u will help me?
Activity: 196
Merit: 6
https://cryptotvplus.com
Wow!  This never occurred to me.. I would be looking at these factors of I wanna trade with any one...
But I do think whether a newbie or an old timer here... It doesn't matter... What matters is identifying trust in both parties and executing a trade.
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
1.000.000 bitcoins needed to build spacecraft.
will send them back with interest when i reach  planet Nibiru

Donations Accepted : 1KeS7fsryzCb1LkrVWscWaug5rqhvFAwuR

I laughed at this. You need an escrow, btw, based on the earlier posts.  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 32
I was near to be scam before with other newbie who are advertising and getting their victims through personal message. Thanks for this reminder and I have read it.
Activity: 1
Yobit this is the growing stock exchange crypto currency .
Activity: 224
I love Beauty

2. Always use escrow.
3. See rule #2.
Thank you very much.To warn us of new initiatives like Smiley Smiley
Activity: 715

2. Always use escrow.
3. See rule #2.
This information is very interesting, should beginners must always cooperate with seniors who have a lot of experience,
and to avoid scammers, choose a reputable escrow
Pages:
Jump to: