Pages:
Author

Topic: Best competitors to Ethereum? - page 78. (Read 11173 times)

Activity: 334
Merit: 1
May 30, 2018, 09:30:36 PM
from a lot of Altcoin, I think altcoin that will be a tough competitor of Ethereum in the future is NEO and EOS these two coins have modern technology that allows it to grow to be bigger in the future.
Activity: 291
Merit: 0
May 30, 2018, 09:20:22 PM
NEO all the way! Neo smart contracts are very similar to Ethereum’s, in that they, too, allow users to register, trade and circulate assets via a validated use scenario. However, NEO supports a variety of languages such as C#, VB.Net, F#, Java, and Kotlin, whereas developers have to learn Solidity, a native Ethereum code, before they can launch applications on the network
Activity: 182
Merit: 12
"The future of advertisement intelligence"
May 30, 2018, 08:24:06 PM
I see great ones - EOS, Credits, Ada, Arcblock, Strat, Waves. Strat and Waves are still very undervalued and should rock this year!
Activity: 66
May 30, 2018, 08:01:36 PM
There are more than 100 competitors to Eth, but asking this question is similar to asking "Best competitors to Apple?". There're plenty, but Apple is sitting on the very top by continuously innovate/research/create new way to bound people into their cult. In a way ETH is like that. There's not a cult like project that is stronger than ETH atm.
copper member
Activity: 812
Merit: 12
I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum
May 30, 2018, 07:42:30 PM
I think the best competitor for Ethereum is EOS, because I see many people are investing in EOS.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS
May 30, 2018, 07:26:33 PM
Which are the best competitors to Ethereum, and why do you think so?

(I know on top of my head that Cardano and IOTA try to challenge Ethereum,
although they still haven't proved much from my understanding?)

In my own opinion, bitcoins and ethereum are just the coin that will be competing in the market and because of that we can always expect the price to fluctuate due to the competition of both coins in the market.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
May 30, 2018, 07:25:24 PM
I think the best competitors of ethereum should come from different types of blockchain and not of those that are ERC-20 compliant. But in the price sense, more ERC-20 tokens are actually valued so much like ethereum and still have an impact in the market.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
May 30, 2018, 07:18:19 PM
The best competitors to Ethereum would be EOS and Cardano. This is because, they both have strong development teams and features that could rival Ethereum itself. In the case of Cardano, it could become a more secure smart contract platform than Ethereum, since it's peer reviewed on an academic level. The team is composed of researchers, scientists, professors, and developers aiming to make a provably secure smart contract platform for anyone to enjoy without experiencing risks such as bugs within smart contracts that would cause loss of funds, etc. On the other hand, EOS promises to be highly efficient in processing a large amount of transactions, and provides developers the ability to freeze a dApp in case there's a fatal flaw or bug within it without affecting the whole network.

Therefore, I consider such platforms to be the best competitors against Ethereum. Of course, Ethereum will improve over time to become a scalable smart contract platform, but given that many new alternative platforms have emerged, they would threaten ETH's current place in market cap. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 101
May 30, 2018, 07:17:38 AM
Stellar may become the real contender for Ethereum in the ICO domain. Its major advantages over Ethereum are liquidity (thanks to the distributed exchange), high transaction speed and low commissions (5 seconds on Stellar vs 3,5 minutes on Ethereum), and security. Ethereum has a Turing-complete programming language, which means that you can write a smart contract of any flexibility using it, but you can also write exploitable code. However, the majority of ICOs don’t need Turing-complete smart contracts, that is why a simpler but more resilient platform like Stellar may work better for them.
Activity: 714
Merit: 261
May 30, 2018, 07:17:07 AM

I think EOS and IOST are the two at the something. Dont be too sarcastic about what I am saying but it is very much true that IOST has made some bigger progress as compared to the ETH. They are already running with full nodes and having the full scalable model ready. ETH lacks this very important feature and IOST transaction are really getting lightening network speed. So may be IOST really stands a chance among some of the top names like ETH, EOS, WAVES etc. This project is perfectly carved one and considering the low value of it attracts the more investors and also the volume of trade keeps rising heavily always.
Activity: 122
May 30, 2018, 07:16:52 AM
Stellar and NEO are probably most closest, but ETH is above them all in terms of speed and capacities
Activity: 104
May 30, 2018, 07:16:34 AM
I think it's NEO. It is essentially a smart contract blockchain that supports decentralized applications (DApps). It is often referred to as the “Ethereum of China”. NEO smart contracts are very similar to Ethereum’s, in that they, too, allow users to register, trade and circulate assets via a validated use scenario. However, NEO supports a variety of languages such as C#, VB.Net, F#, Java, and Kotlin, whereas developers have to learn Solidity, a native Ethereum code, before they can launch applications on the network.
Activity: 103
May 30, 2018, 07:15:13 AM
IOTA is regarded as a big competitor to Ethereum. It  presents a new generation distributed ledger protocol (Tangle) that is designed to support transactions between machines and devices on the Internet of Things. It solves three problems that plague the Ethereum network now: scalability, transaction costs (it is feeless) and offline transactions.
Activity: 99
May 30, 2018, 07:14:06 AM
Probably, I think it is Cardano. Launched in 2015, Cardano has been marketed as “Japanese Ethereum”. It is a blockchain with smart contracts written entirely in Haskell code, which is claimed to be resilient enough for mission-critical implementations. A highlight of the blockchain is its scientifically researched Ouroboros Proof-of-Stake (PoS) algorithm, that is claimed to be more stable to vulnerabilities. The developers claim that the Cardano network is more flexible, faster and scalable than Ethereum, and all changes are introduced via soft forks.
Activity: 101
May 29, 2018, 01:41:41 PM
The MyWish platform combines smart contracts for NEO and Ethereum blockchain.
You just need to choose what do you prefer!
Activity: 1148
Merit: 158
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 29, 2018, 06:16:59 AM

I think cardano had still nothing to prove that much to compete eth. Eth has been pioneer in the market and put through a lot of ups and downs even it have some issues needed to resolve. Yet I'm not just sure as before as I heard ethereum hss been increase in block size which I think is an issue for the platform.
Activity: 106
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 29, 2018, 01:39:56 AM

These are the coins which have a platform to apply smart contract and have a speed transaction more fast than ETH such as Neo, Stella, Tron and Wave.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
May 29, 2018, 06:08:35 AM
I believe NEO is doing well although not in comparison to ethereum. So to me, ethereum has no competitor in the altcoin market. It even determines their worths in the market.
Activity: 602
May 29, 2018, 12:50:11 AM
I think that the main token which should Eth holders a bit worried is EOS. if they do what they say they can then it might just destroy the dominance which Ethereum has in the smart contract platform.
Could you briefly explain how they're better than Ethereum, which are the most important points?
each coin will try to compete with other coins to fight for position and beat each other with another coin. as Ethereum is competing with many coins like Ripple, NEO, EOS, and Cardano. indeed these coin coins become coins that compete with each other with Ethereum.
Activity: 182
May 29, 2018, 12:37:10 AM
Neo I think the best competitor for Ethereum, Neo is a good coin and has a big community in the market, its development from time to time is higher, I'm sure Neo will continue to grow and become one of the big coins in the future.
Pages:
Jump to: